189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to let people know the Brisbane immi office were super friendly and reassured me that everything is fine with my application. The lady laughed at the fact my CO had accidentally requested a Form 80 for my son. Turns out they just wanted to know if I had ever lived in the Bahamas as I got married there! They reassured me they would process my Form 80 today and I would get my grant early July. They did state it could be one or two weeks into July before I heard but assured me I could call them if I had not heard anything by the 15th.

Just to let people know the Brisbane immi office were super friendly and reassured me that everything is fine with my application. The lady laughed at the fact my CO had accidentally requested a Form 80 for my son. Turns out they just wanted to know if I had ever lived in the Bahamas as I got married there! They reassured me they would process my Form 80 today and I would get my grant early July. They did state it could be one or two weeks into July before I heard but assured me I could call them if I had not heard anything by the 15th.

I knew that form 80 must have been a mistake. I can just imagine a four year old putting his last ten years travel history and employment down!

At least now you have a date, that's excellent.

Congratulations!

Well done!

You are either lucky, or have a solid file + a very much in demand occupation.

I believe they delay people that can wait a bit longer. It seems there are priority groups within the 189 applicants, mainly people with families I guess.

Congratulations again! :)

Thank you all,

I have submitted all required documents on the same day when I lodged my PR including PCC

Next day I have appeared for Medicals,

So my file was perfectly alright to go...

I was just waiting....with my wife and kids....

May be Im lucky.....

If I was to apply for an eoi today, two adults 3 children, how long, approx would it take to have a 189 visa granted?

You're looking at approx 3 to 4 months from the date that you submit EOI (depending on how many points that you have), but there is a lot of preparation to do first like completing IELTS (or similar) and successfully applying for and obtaining a positive skills assessment, you can't submit an EOI before at the very least obtaining a skills assessment.

What stage are you at?

If you look at other peoples timelines, like mine below, it would give you an idea of how long the whole process takes. However it does vary for different occupations.

Edited by CaptainC
adding additional info

Congratulations on another grant! I am sooo jealous of you all but also buzzing that people are still getting grants!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope more April applicants get some more grants tonight!

Good to hear IMMI's still giving out grants.

I'm a bit confused though since they sent out emails about how visa quota for the 14-15 financial year has been reached and they could not give out more grants before 1st July.

Anyone knows what happened??

Edited by Kangaroohunting