189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

Hi Lily91,

Thanks for the number.

I called (@12.45 AEST) and a recorded message said "If you haven't had any contact at all by the 1st of August 2015, then email gsm.adelaide@border.gov.au".

I waited on line and got a soft spoken lady over the phone. She looked through my application from the TRN and said "Tuh tuh tuh...That's fine. You should receive an email shortly. It has been granted."

"Oh, Is that it?" I said.

The lady: "Yes, it's all there."

Me: "I'm surprised, I thought there were some documents missing. I haven't had any contact since April."

Her: "Yeah, you should have received an email saying that it was being processed and that you would have to wait until the 1st of July... But it's all been done now."

Me: "That's great. Thank you very much!"

Her: "Not a problem. Have a good day."

Me: "You too."

Basically, you need to phone and let them know that you REALLY want that Permanent Residency Visa. Then you get it.

Hahaha. Life couldn't be simpler in Australia.

I bl**dy LOVE this country.

Congrats on your super good news today. Enjoy your moment :)

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW - that was fast - called at 02h55, emails received at 03h06..........WE HAVE OUR VISAS :):):):)

It seems it definitely pays to call.

Got to try not to wake everyone now to tell them & get some more sleep (not much chance of that ) before breakfast.

Can't quite believe it has finally happened & assuming house sale doesn't fall through we'll leave on 24th August - this all just got very real & feel like I have Everest to climb in terms of stuff to organise & plan; not least accommodation & job.

I cant ever remember anyone providing an adelaide number. I think that this is the main contact point.

CONGRATULATIONS to those that called and got a grant! Seems like the sure fire way to get your visa at the moment!

Worth staying up for wasn't it ;-)

.....W.....

.....E.....

.....H.....

.....A.....

.....V.....

.....E.....

.....G.....

.....O.....

.....T.....

.....G.....

.....R.....

.....A.....

.....N.....

.....T.....

.....S.....

.....!.....

.....!.....

.....!.....

received today around 5 am UK time. First entry by 23 May 2016. At work now, but will have champagne later.

All of the best to everyone still waiting !

By the way, I did not have to make any phone calls at all.

I got my visa grant!!!!!!!!!! Wooohoooo

Same here! I rang (got through on the second attempt) this morning to check that they'd received our HK PCC and the lady confirmed that it had been received but not processed. She asked if I wouldn't mind remaining on the phone will she processed it. Well, with an offer like that it would have been rude to refuse, right? A minute or two of tapping on her keyboard, she statemeed "congratulations, I've issued your grant - you'll receive a email confirmation shortly". Literally a couple of minute later (after my wife, my cousin and I had a very tearful group hug) the email had arrived.

Conveniently, I was staying with my cousin just outside Adelaide who just happened to have a bottle of Moet in the fridge that she'd received for her housewarming. Well, it was 09:20 and we popped that cork right there and then. We later drove into Adelaide to my other cousin's house to find my hire car sporting Aussie flags. Inside the house she'd decorated the dining area with a large aussie flag! She had kitted out the dining table with out in honour of our big day too. The table cloth was decorated with Aussie flags as were a couple of hats and pairs of sunglasses that were laying on the table. There was also a fly squatter, large jar of Vegemite and even a Vegemite chocolate bar!!!

I've wanted this ever since my first visit over 31 years ago. Today my dream came true.

Best wishes and good luck (and congratulations to those with grants already!) to all my fellow April applicants!!!!

Congratulations to everyone who has been granted their visas.

We're still waiting for ours. I was wondering if the emails will come straight through to me or will I find out by my agent?

When your immigration account states it has been 'Finalised' if you go into the 'VIEW CORRESPONDENCE' you will see the visa grant confirmation which they will send to your agent. I have an agent, I contacted them this morning via email to let them know I had my visa hahahaha! She later confirmed this in writing and attached the letters of which I had already seen.

I phoned the Adelaide office this morning at 6.00 and got through straight away, the chap was lovely and told me he wuld finalise it straight away for me, and he kept to his word and after logging in again 15 minutes later it had been completed.

Good luck to everyone else x

When your immigration account states it has been 'Finalised' if you go into the 'VIEW CORRESPONDENCE' you will see the visa grant confirmation which they will send to your agent. I have an agent, I contacted them this morning via email to let them know I had my visa hahahaha! She later confirmed this in writing and attached the letters of which I had already seen.

I phoned the Adelaide office this morning at 6.00 and got through straight away, the chap was lovely and told me he wuld finalise it straight away for me, and he kept to his word and after logging in again 15 minutes later it had been completed.

Good luck to everyone else x

Thanks for the info! I'm not that nervous about calling them anymore! I will wake up and call them when their office opens!

This is explained on 3rd page - About your visa.

This type of visa is issued for 4 years, after that you have to apply for Resident Return Visa (RRV) or citizenship.

All of us will have the same.

Oooh.....just looking more closely at our grant and it states that we must not arrive after 7 July 2020! Is that a typo??????

Still ongoing here.

Had my medical on the 25th, the Dr wanted more information about my hearing loss (every audiogram I ever had in a booklet wasn't enough!), got on to the GP and got more documents the next day, perks of knowing the family Doc - no waiting lists! Sent Special Delivery so it's been with the clinic for a week now, clinic confirmed they had 'attached documents to my application' but no idea if this means my medical has been submitted to DIBP or not?!

Still showing as incomplete on eMedical and Immi. I think it only shows as complete once it's submitted to Immi(?) then they might ask for more information... Not sure how close I am, 1 week til my 28 day period of getting my documents together is up, might have to email the CO to let him know I've done it and it's in the system. Been fine all through this process but this bit is making me anxious, no idea where or who is assessing or when. I know I was graded B but she said it'd be fine once I'd just proven everything.

Oooh.....just looking more closely at our grant and it states that we must not arrive after 7 July 2020! Is that a typo??????

The 189 comes with 5 year travel rights, so you can't arrive after the 7th of July 2020 without another visa that would let you in (e.g. RRV). You still need to meet the initial entry date, which is typically 12 months from the date you completed the health/police checks, whichever was earlier.

Archived