The Curse of the Migrant

Marisawright

..........I guess the migrant has a little of what the eternal traveller experiences...!

..........each place you live.......shapes you.....you take your memories and leave a little of you behind....

..........but memories are static...!

..........time moves on......

..........to return......it must be viewed as a new time.......

..........to be able to make home.......wherever you are......

..........is about fulfilling your needs ATM......

...........as many wants as possible......

...........feeling ...at home.....is about being content with who ,what and where you are now...ime....

...........the place .....country....chosen because it full fills these needs...!

...........a curse.....?........not IMO......a blessing......and a ....priveledge....

............to be able to take a little of somewhere new.....leave a little of you behind....

...........helps build a life of diverse and happy memories....

............live a life full of experience........

.............but beware you have no roots......and as such can be blown from place to place....

.............looked at as home is where you are.......not where you've been.....

..............will give contentment.......

..............and accepting where you've been......a memory.....

..............will turn a curse.......into a blessing......IMO......X

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think young people travel anyway these days. Both here and the UK young people leaving Uni and youngsters like my son, who works FIFO and decided to have 3 months off travelling last year. We have two nieces in the UK who have finished their teacher training degrees. One is in China with her boyfriend the other in the South of France. They will get to see a lot of the World and may decide to settle for a while in some place we, as parents, never considered.

Hopefully they will return home one day, if not we will just have to get used to it, like our families did when we emigrated.

I used to support Spurs when I was young in London- best team, never liked the sound of Arsenal who the rest of my school friends supported- reminded me of ar@@holes.

Perhaps it is time to rekindle your interest in Spurs! Check out http://www.ozspurs.com. I see the Melbourne Spurs meet at The Imperial Hotel. Now the time difference is back to nine hours, the kick off times are more civilised.

How cute, try being a Newcastle fan ;).

My first Sydney FC game will be Spurs can't wait :D

Yes, I guess supporting Newcastle United, you are in the 'same boat', but with more holes in yours (at the moment!) I have a soft spot for Newcasle Utd because I was born in South Shields. My Mum's family were Geordies, from Jarrow/Hebburn I think.

Yes, I guess supporting Newcastle United, you are in the 'same boat', but with more holes in yours (at the moment!) I have a soft spot for Newcasle Utd because I was born in South Shields. My Mum's family were Geordies, from Jarrow/Hebburn I think.

Will you be going to the spurs game? Im not asking for a date lol. Just wondered seen as it says NSW as you location.

Will you be going to the spurs game? Im not asking for a date lol. Just wondered seen as it says NSW as you location.

Yes, I have my tickets, or at least I HOPE I've got my tickets, as I opted for having them texted to me. I must check if I did pay for them. I'm sure I did. Spurs fans are coming from all over Australia for the game.

Yes, I have my tickets, or at least I HOPE I've got my tickets, as I opted for having them texted to me. I must check if I did pay for them. I'm sure I did. Spurs fans are coming from all over Australia for the game.

I haven't got my ticket yet but I cant imagine Spurs (or Newcastle) are going to pack out the stadium like Man U or Juventus

..........I guess the migrant has a little of what the eternal traveller experiences...!

..........each place you live.......shapes you.....you take your memories and leave a little of you behind....

..........but memories are static...!

..........time moves on......

..........to return......it must be viewed as a new time.......

..........to be able to make home.......wherever you are......

..........is about fulfilling your needs ATM......

...........as many wants as possible......

...........feeling ...at home.....is about being content with who ,what and where you are now...ime....

...........the place .....country....chosen because it full fills these needs...!

...........a curse.....?........not IMO......a blessing......and a ....priveledge....

............to be able to take a little of somewhere new.....leave a little of you behind....

...........helps build a life of diverse and happy memories....

............live a life full of experience........

.............but beware you have no roots......and as such can be blown from place to place....

.............looked at as home is where you are.......not where you've been.....

..............will give contentment.......

..............and accepting where you've been......a memory.....

..............will turn a curse.......into a blessing......IMO......X

if you aren't a writer..you should be!

• Like 1

I can't remember if I ever thought I would be 'living the dream!?" (Who coined that expression?) I think I had this vague idea that Aussies were all like the Australian Cricket team (especially Dennis Lillee, Rod Marsh and Jeff Thomson) and they did their schooling on the radio, and needed The Flying Doctor when they got sick. I still remember going into my cabin on the ship at Singapore, to meet my first three Aussies, all of whom shook my hand.

I just 'lived the life' rather than 'lived the dream.'

way back when you landed in oz..I'm not sure 'living the dream' existed..it was only after you arrived with many opportunities that it was seen as 'living the dream' making good money..cheap houses..etc..but those days are gone...living the dream is quite a new thing IMO .

Living the Dream

A sarcastic phrase used to describe the pure boredom and bullshit associated with deployments. People who are screwed into being fobbits with combat arms MOS's are usually the first ones to throw this gem at some one who makes the mistake of either asking, "What's going on?" or "How are you doing?".

Random super happy guy walking into a center of operations: "Hey how are you doing?"

Bored fister: "Living the dream asshole. Thanks for rubbing it in."

Do you know what time the kickoff is?

7 30 pm on Sat 30 May.

[h=1]Tottenham Hotspur vs. Sydney FC[/h]

image: http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/dbimages/sfx138834.jpg

sfx138834.jpg

Tweet59 Share

Related links

Eight-times FA Cup winners Tottenham Hotspur FC will play an exclusive one-off match against the in-form Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium on Saturday 30 May.

Boom English Premier League club Spurs will bring a world-class squad to Sydney, with their current list including rising superstar Harry Kane, Danish midfield wizard Christian Eriksen and champion French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. But they will have their work cut out against Graham Arnold’s high-flying Sydney FC who famously defeated David Beckham’s LA Galaxy team 5-3 in a heated encounter at Sydney’s Olympic stadium.

Tottenham Hotspur’s first visit to Australia in 30 years tops off an amazing sporting week at ANZ Stadium, with a Super Rugby Final re-match between the NSW Waratahs and NZ Crusaders on Saturday 23 and the crucial State of Origin I on Wednesday 27 May. For more information about what's happening in Sydney this week go to www.sydney.com.

So this is your chance football fans -make sure you're at ANZ Stadium for a blockbuster week of sporting events – culminating with a must-see football classic, Spurs v Sydney FC!

[h=3]Tour Dates:

Ticketek is selling for the following venues only[/h] [TABLE=class: tourDatesTable]

[TR=class: tourRow]

[TD] Sat 30 May

ANZ Stadium, Sydney [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[h=2]Event Information[/h]

Venue:

ANZ Stadium, NSW

Date:

Sat 30 May 2015

Read more at http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=HOTSPURS15#Jgu0t80c6vZelJ77.99