189 Visa Lodged March 2015

Hello

even I got an email today regarding places full for this year...lodged on 17 March as an accountant CO allot 8 May...asked for only my baby's passport copy...don't know what they have planned for .

Hi Lucy. From where did you get that email? Is it from the migration website? If they were closing the application then how come they contact us for more information.?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems a bit unfair - lodged visa application for 189 on 23rd March and there are people being granted who lodged a week after us - is it completely random to me and now saying they are full up?!?

anyone know what the rules are on grants or co contact? doesn't seem to be in date order anyway

not a happy bunny

I am just off the phone to a CO and have been told that things may need to wait until July as they are very close to filling their quota this financial year. BOOOOOOOOO!

I hadn't even realised there was a quota! Did they say they will notify you if your application is put on hold until

July? This waiting game is painful.

Hello guys and senior forum members,

I'm just new here on this thread and I really find it very helpful.

I just decided to try out for visa 189 and here are my questions I hope you guys will be able to enlighten me:

I'm yet to sit the IELTS exam. Do you have any tips or useful links that i can use to review? I'm amazed by the scores of the members here :)

I plan to submit my assessment application when I turn 5 years in the company this December. After the assessment what would be next? Should I submit the EOI already (That is after I receive positive assessment). EOI then wait for the unvitation to apply for a visa?

I'm not a CPA nor a finance graduate but I have 4.5 years of finance experience. Do you guys think it would be good enough?

Which assessing body is faster? IPA or CPA AU?

I'm really worried because I'm not sure if my bachelor's degree would count any point because it is not related with my current line of work. Do you think I'd still get points for my degree?

Thanks a lot and good luck to all of us!

I hadn't even realised there was a quota! Did they say they will notify you if your application is put on hold until

July? This waiting game is painful.

What I don't understand is I have the same email telling me quotas are almost full and yet click the occupation ceilings tab on http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx and the occupation we are entering under is woefully under filled (GP).

What I don't understand is I have the same email telling me quotas are almost full and yet click the occupation ceilings tab on http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx and the occupation we are entering under is woefully under filled (GP).

Same for mine - think there must be an overall quota which applies regardless of specific occupation.

Occupation ceilings affect an application only until the stage of receiving an invitation to lodge a visa. I had a chat with the CO. What I understood so far is that, Now after the lodgement of a visa application, delay is likely to be caused by the almost filled slots available for GSM visas in general, for this financial year, regardless of occupation.

For the 2014-2015 Program Year which ends on 30 June 2015, 43,990 subclass 189 skilled Independent visas were available in total across all occupations. When this number is reached (and according to reports, it now has been), no more 189 visas can be granted for that PY. Grants will start again after 1 July.

Direct grant received today!!!!!!! Thank you all for your help and support during the application process and wishing the best of luck to those still waiting :)

Just came to c how things going here after celebrating my GRANT and just saw that you had your GRANT... congratulations buddy... :jiggy:

Do we think our files will be reviewed (rather than case officers being given a month off) and then we will get grants soon after July or do we think that our files will sit dorment between now and then. Surely that would create a huge backlog and huge delays which the department really dont want.

Do we think our files will be reviewed (rather than case officers being given a month off) and then we will get grants soon after July or do we think that our files will sit dorment between now and then. Surely that would create a huge backlog and huge delays which the department really dont want.

COs and teams will work the same as they do usually - the grant itself is just a click on a computer screen. The real work is in the processing up to that point and that won't stop or even slow down.

COs and teams will work the same as they do usually - the grant itself is just a click on a computer screen. The real work is in the processing up to that point and that won't stop or even slow down.

Would you think they will still assign CO during that time?

Can those who received this 'We're full for the year' email please confirm they had 189 applications and not 190? Because this is what I found on the website: http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.aspx

They say that skilled nominated category is affected, with no mention of skilled independent. Someone from expatforum claims a 'cap and cease' clause comes into play where all pending applications are cancelled and fees is refunded. Everyone must lodge afresh after July 2015. That would be so not cool.

They say that skilled nominated category is affected, with no mention of skilled independent. Someone from expatforum claims a 'cap and cease' clause comes into play where all pending applications are cancelled and fees is refunded. Everyone must lodge afresh after July 2015. That would be so not cool.

That's incorrect. Applications will continue to be processed, however if a cap is reached then the visa grant won't be issued until after June 30th.

That's incorrect. Applications will continue to be processed, however if a cap is reached then the visa grant won't be issued until after June 30th.

Yep. That cap and cease clause is only under rare circumstances on the direction of the minister. On the bright side, 3 direct grants just today, doesn't feel like there is a slowdown. I wonder on what basis they are deciding which ones to grant and which ones to put on hold till July?