189 Visa Lodged March 2015

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Direct grant received today!!!!!!! Thank you all for your help and support during the application process and wishing the best of luck to those still waiting :)

Congrats! So exciting.

Hopefully ours won't be too long now.

we seem to be in a similar situation -

- accountant general

- 65 points

- lodged 31st march

Our fingers are crossed for a direct grant.

Front loaded everything that seems mandatory,

can I ask you which documents you provided?

Thanks both! Still buzzing :D

Congrats! So exciting.

Hopefully ours won't be too long now.

we seem to be in a similar situation -

- accountant general

- 65 points

- lodged 31st march

Our fingers are crossed for a direct grant.

Front loaded everything that seems mandatory,

can I ask you which documents you provided?

I hope you hear back soon!

I uploaded the following:

- IELTS results

- ICAEW transcripts

- University transcripts

- Degree certificate

- CPA skills assessment

- Birth cert

- Passport

- UK PCC

- Medicals

Hope that helps x

Thanks both! Still buzzing :D

I hope you hear back soon!

I uploaded the following:

- IELTS results

- ICAEW transcripts

- University transcripts

- Degree certificate

- CPA skills assessment

- Birth cert

- Passport

- UK PCC

- Medicals

Hope that helps x

Thanks.

I have uploaded all that stuff.

my only concern is that in my excitement to get stuff uploaded, I didnt read the instructions properly and so a couple of my files (degree certificates and transcripts) have been uploaded with a filename containing spaces, which I saw later is a no no.

I am now debating whether to upload them again with acsuitable filename, or just wait and hope they are accepted.

I just don't want to waste time getting a co assigned just for that...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I wouldn't re-upload them, it'd just be more docs for the CO to check. They must be used to people making that error and it's not hugely obvious that you're not allowed to use spaces.

Congratulations bro..

I got couple of questions to ask. I got contacted by CO today (which was quite a relief). Applied on 27/03.

Asked me to send PCC India and AFP Aus. My AFP got just recently expired on 13th May, so i knew they will ask me for a new one. However, my Indian PCC date is till 23rd June in the certificate. So it has not even been one year. I had lodged last year while applying for TR and receieve the certificate in June end. So technically its not been 1 year of it. Also, i read it in the Immi website where it is clealry mentioned the Police clearance is valid for 1 year. I havent been to India either after i got my PCC in June 2014.

My agent said we emailed the CO today reuploading the PCC and an email which will explain my situation. He says we will wait if the CO approves that. Will it be considered?

Dont mind reapplying for PCC again, but it takes almost 1 month for us to get our PCC (experienced last time).

Will my case be considered. I am glad i haven't been asked anything else..

Thanks! Please advise.

I wouldn't re-upload them, it'd just be more docs for the CO to check. They must be used to people making that error and it's not hugely obvious that you're not allowed to use spaces.

Thanks for the advice.

Has anyone else uploaded docs with spaces in the name? or am I just a dumbass? And if so, did you get asked to provide them to a co?

My concern is that they may not be able to even open the files, in which case it will surely delay my application if the request I upload again / email them...

Granted!!!!!CO asked for Norway PCC on 22nd Apr. which I had already submitted before.

I wrote an email for description yesterday and received the VISA GRANT NOTICE just now!!

Hi bro

What description did you write to the Co. I have been asked for my Indian pcc too. But even i gave my pcc done in June end 2014. Less than a year. Also i Hvent been to India either. Can you please tell me what email you wrote to clarify the CO? Can it be the case where they might have not even looked at the pcc?

Just been on the phone to Adelaide CO's about my early March application, was told there are no places left so may not get looked at again until July the 1st. Basically had a points issue that has been sorted but our application appears to have gone to the back of the queue.

Contacted GSM Adelaide today. I was told about the possibility of my visa application to be put on hold until July as all the places have been filled.

189 visa application: Ielts academic result - 13/03/15, Skills Assessment received - 26/03/15, EOI lodged - 26/03/15, Invitation received - 27/03/15, Visa lodged - 29/03/15, CO contact - 15/05/15, Grant - ?

Just been on the phone to Adelaide CO's about my early March application, was told there are no places left so may not get looked at again until July the 1st. Basically had a points issue that has been sorted but our application appears to have gone to the back of the queue.

Contacted GSM Adelaide today. I was told about the possibility of my visa application to be put on hold until July as all the places have been filled.

Which occupations are you both listed under? I'm an April applicant and obviously eager to know if this applies across the board or whether it is just that your occupational ceilings have been hit.

Which occupations are you both listed under? I'm an April applicant and obviously eager to know if this applies across the board or whether it is just that your occupational ceilings have been hit.

GP here, 70 points currently working in Oz on a 457. I got the feeling it was across the board rather than an occupational limit.

It is not about any specific occupation but applies to all GSM applicants. As there is a certain number of places available in each stream which has been reached. I think Occupation ceilings can only affect your application until you receive an invitation. I applied with 75 points as a social worker.

Edited by Kaur

Many thanks to both of you for the quick replies! That really is bad news though!!!

GP here, 70 points currently working in Oz on a 457. I got the feeling it was across the board rather than an occupational limit.

It is not about any specific occupation but applies to all GSM applicants. As there is a certain number of places which has been reached. I applied with 75 points as a social worker.

189 visa application: Ielts academic result - 13/03/15, Skills Assessment received - 26/03/15, EOI lodged - 26/03/15, Invitation received - 27/03/15, Visa lodged - 29/03/15, CO contact - 15/05/15, Grant - ?

Hi did the CO told all the remaining application will be put on hold till july? I have the same case. CO contacted me for my 189 visa on 15th may and asked me to provide PCC and AFPC.. On its way to submit.How come i'll be on hold then??

Hi did the CO told all the remaining application will be put on hold till july? I have the same case. CO contacted me for my 189 visa on 15th may and asked me to provide PCC and AFPC.. On its way to submit.How come i'll be on hold then??

In my case, I was contacted by CO and asked to provide functional English proof for my partner on 15/05/15. Today I contacted them regarding that and came to know that the immigration minister has sent some updated guidelines as all the places are filled. I tried to confirm if the applications already with a CO would also be in waiting till July. So I was told that it is the most possible scenario under current circumstances despite I provide all the requested info. A 'Strong possibility' was insisted.

Edited by Kaur

In my case, I was contacted by CO and asked to provide functional English proof for my partner on 15/05/15. Today I contacted them regarding that and came to know that the immigration minister has sent some updated guidelines as all the places are filled. I tried to confirm if the applications already with a CO would also be in waiting till July. So I was told that it is the most possible scenario under current circumstances despite I provide all the requested info. A 'Strong possibility' was insisted.

Mrs Kaur, i guess it depends on case to case and occupation. I just contacted my Agent and he advised me that not to panic until there is any update as such I applied for General Accountant. Also, he told me whenever there is such news it is update on the immigration website and simultaneously it is also updated for Migration Agents. Till now, there is no such update.

Mrs Kaur, i guess it depends on case to case and occupation. I just contacted my Agent and he advised me that not to panic until there is any update as such I applied for General Accountant. Also, he told me whenever there is such news it is update on the immigration website and simultaneously it is also updated for Migration Agents. Till now, there is no such update.

I would also say as your agent said, not to panic. It is as it is, beyond my control. I am not discussing any rumour here but the conversation I had with someone from immigration department.

Allocation dates for General Skilled Migration applications

General Skilled Migration (GSM) processing centres allocate applications; in accordance with priority processing arrangements; to meet the Migration Programme planning levels set by the government.

The Migration Programme planning level for the Skilled Nominated category now has limited number of places left for the 2014-15 programme year. This means processing times will be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.

General Skilled Migration (GSM) processing centres allocate applications; in accordance with priority processing arrangements; to meet the Migration Programme planning levels set by the government.

The Migration Programme planning level for the Skilled Nominated category now has limited number of places left for the 2014-15 programme year. This means processing times will be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.

Oh this is confusing> I have read this but does it say the processing willl be more for people who have applied after 8 march 2015? i have seen a lot of grants after that