189 Visa Lodged March 2015

Just starting a thread for everyone who lodged their 189 visa application in March 2015.

I lodged on 14th March, I have uploaded everything apart from PCC which we are waiting to come back. Medicals booked for 28th March. The waiting game now begins!

Be good to hear from others who have lodged this month :-)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

youngfreewild,

I was told that I had to wait to have my CO assigned before I could book my medicals by the receptionist at the hospital in Scotland! Have you had a CO assigned?

If not, how did you go about booking these? Probably a daft question or I was given the wrong info from the hospital but any info you could supply would be great.

Cheers.

I haven't had a CO assigned yet. You shouldn't have to wait, if you log into your immi account, under each applicant there is a section about health requirements. You click on a link and go through and answer some medical questions then it opened up a referral letter with my HAP ID on, this is the reference number which the hospital asked for. I am not sure why they have told you that?? Some people even have medicals before they lodge their application, so I have heard.

Macca10 where are you from? I thought the same thing but was advised by folks on here that if you are from a low risk country eg UK you can book your medicals Asap. When you make your application and upload all your documents read the whole page as there is a small section about booking your medicals. You download a form and it gives you your HAP ID to use to book your medicals.then choose one of the immigov approved hospitals to book your medical. We used spire health hospital in Manchester yesterday. £660 for two of us, myself being more expensive as I will be working as a nurse.On another note congrats on your adventure guys, I started the February 2015 application thread as we applied on the 19th so it's nice to see A new thread come up as it means we are progressing! Best of luck guys!

Pinkestlady and Youngfreewild,

Thanks for that info. I had a suspicion that this was the case. I am up here in sunny Scotland which is part of the reason for wanting to move to Oz!

I had read on the IMMI site that you had to wait for the CO to be assigned but I noticed many people going ahead. Which I shall now do! Five of us so OUCH! But needs must.

I also lodged in Feb Pinkestlady so I will need to find your thread. Good luck to you both and hope things go smoothly!

As far as I know they only send out the invitations on those 2 days. I got mine on the round just gone (13th March) I got my invite just after 1pm on Thursday 12th (which is just after midnight Canberra time). Good luck for the 27th :-)

Cheers, I thought as much. Good luck with the rest of the application! :)

Pinkestlady and Youngfreewild,

Thanks for that info. I had a suspicion that this was the case. I am up here in sunny Scotland which is part of the reason for wanting to move to Oz!

I had read on the IMMI site that you had to wait for the CO to be assigned but I noticed many people going ahead. Which I shall now do! Five of us so OUCH! But needs must.

I also lodged in Feb Pinkestlady so I will need to find your thread. Good luck to you both and hope things go smoothly!

I'll try to be technical.......hyperventilates........ http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/228324-189-visa-lodged-february-2015-a.html did it work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hopefully not too long for you! :) Do you have a job lined up/know where you are headed?

I lived in Melbourne for more than 6 year as a student and temporary resident then came back to my country and decided to go back again.. I do have many relatives and friends in Melbourne, so I will settle there. How abt u?

Oh cool! I used to live in Brighton when I was younger :) hoping to move back to Melbourne too, but will really go wherever I can find a job to be honest. Hoping to sort out something through work but it's all a bit far away to start planning since I don't have the visa and wouldn't be looking to move until 2016.

:ssign17:Glad i found this group..i lodged my application on 13th of march...i am in australia on another visa..i was in the immi office this morning in Brisbane, to know if CO has picked up my file yet..but beautiful woman on

reception said she cant tell me this.....:ssign7:

Atlas..u should book yer medicals ASAP cuzzy...because i have 2 friends applied in Feb as an Accountant got their PR within 6 weeks.....

I would if I could! :) Not back in London until 4 May so it'll have to wait until then.

My UK PCC arrived today, now all that's left is the medical - yay!