189 Visa Lodged March 2015

Just not able to Understand what is going on out there. Lodged on 27/03/2015. Got CO contact on 15th May for PCC for both Aus and India. CO Contacted again after AFP was submitted since the name mentioned was incorrect. Submitted both PCC's on 5th June. So as far as i know, if i get contacted by CO first time, i just need to count 28 days from there to get a response. Now that i submitted both my PCC as per the request, i haven't heard anything yet. It will be 27th day today since the contact of CO on 15th May.

Can someone advise or let me know; if i've heard true there wont be any grants before 30th June? If this is true, this is really frustrating. Got lot of commitments :mad:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what could be the reason of no CO allocated or no update after 3 months?

I did did see someone else posting that they had had no CO contact and when they phoned to see what was going on they were told that they had been allocated a COna while before, but had just not had an email for some reason.

I did did see someone else posting that they had had no CO contact and when they phoned to see what was going on they were told that they had been allocated a COna while before, but had just not had an email for some reason.

They won't send an email unless they want something. You don't get one just to say you have a CO.

They won't send an email unless they want something. You don't get one just to say you have a CO.

But most of the people are getting delay mails and still people are getting CO allocated as i am getting information from other forums.But in my case i didn't even get the delay mail or something from their end, also the status of my application is same "Application received". Suppose CO has been allocated to me and he is processing my case from back end without communicating with me. Then why the application status is same. As i know after three months status should be changed from "application received" to "Assessment in progress". I have called them last week to know about the status, they answered that they are doing some verification, but due to some disturbance in the call. i was not able to hear them properly and missed out something they said after they told about verification.

What do you guys suggest me to do? Should i call them again or any other way out to know the current status of my application.

Thanks in advance.

Sumit

But most of the people are getting delay mails and still people are getting CO allocated as i am getting information from other forums.But in my case i didn't even get the delay mail or something from their end, also the status of my application is same "Application received". Suppose CO has been allocated to me and he is processing my case from back end without communicating with me. Then why the application status is same. As i know after three months status should be changed from "application received" to "Assessment in progress". I have called them last week to know about the status, they answered that they are doing some verification, but due to some disturbance in the call. i was not able to hear them properly and missed out something they said after they told about verification.

What do you guys suggest me to do? Should i call them again or any other way out to know the current status of my application.

Thanks in advance.

Sumit

Don't worry too much about the application status. Mine went from assessment in progress back to application received. They will ask you if they need anything from you. As its only a couple of weeks away now, I would just wait for the 1st of July and if you don't hear anything then, give them another ring. In the meantime, I believe, no news is good news.

Don't worry too much about the application status. Mine went from assessment in progress back to application received. They will ask you if they need anything from you. As its only a couple of weeks away now, I would just wait for the 1st of July and if you don't hear anything then, give them another ring. In the meantime, I believe, no news is good news.

Thanks alot for the information..

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

I am new to this group but have been a silent observer for a while. I just want to say I really am happy to have found a group as supportive as this.

We applied for our PR subclass 189 on 26 March 2015. We are doing it with an agent. We gave all the docs, did our PCC and medicals. They came back requesting a few additional docs, which we provided. We were also requested to provide forms 80 and 1221 ( i think that's the correct number). Application status has been "assessment in progress" since 2 Jun 2015.

I called DIBP this morning to enquire and they advised that there is nothing pending from our side, routine checks are being done and that they will email us once they're done. The waiting is a killer ... I wish everyone the best of luck. We are keeping our fingers crossed for a grant soon. There seems to be a lot recently, particularly on other forums.

Good luck to all!

Hi Guys, I too lodged visa on 04 March 2015, 4 months over since I lodged my visa and nearly 2.5 months gone since CO assigned. Any of you got visa during these few days? If so, appreciate your help to update.

Same issue is bothering me as well. On the one hand you have applications from early May getting grants and on the other, this. Are you claiming points for work experience? I'm thinking because of my long gaps in employment and no relevant work experience, they are hesitant in giving me a grant. Even though Ai meet all criteria.