457 - Current processing times

tbk

This is their description of initial allocation together with the current timescale which is 35 working days

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]EXPLANATORY COMMENTS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Initial Allocation

It was 40 days last week, which suggests they completed 2 weeks worth of allocations last week to stay at the level and then decrease it by a week...let's hope the purge continues[/TD]

[TD]35[/TD]

[TD]Initial Allocation is the first assessment of an application by a case officer. If the application is lodged assessment-ready, we seek to finalise it at this stage. For processing efficiency, we request applications be assessment-ready when lodged. Consistent with this, and the programme’s aim to provide quick outcomes, the network’s focus is on reducing the time taken to make Initial Assessments.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Has anyone had request for more info for visa in the last couple months and submitted it and then nothing? its been 40+ working days now and nothing. From a LR country sucks lol

My wife was asked for a full health assessment, which was uploaded 2 weeks ago. Since then, our application (1 main + spouse + 4 kids) from low risk country has also just been saying "assessment in progress".

By the way, if they request a full health assessment on 1 applicant, but no further info needed at the time for any other applicant, will it then be relatively safe to assume that they will not be asking for more info later? It would be quite annoying if we are to go through more rounds of further info requests...

Edited by Michael P

Hi

just a question

verification call has been done yesterday from immigration to my last employments for reference letters checks

is that means all the internal checks has been done,and this is the last stage?

nomination has been approved last month,and now I'm waiting for my visa

thanks

Got my visas granted today - together w my de facto partner!

Nomination and Visa application on 15 Sept 2016.

Health assessments submitted on 22 Sept 2016.

Visa granted on 3 November 2016.

From a LR Country.

That's 7 weeks on the dot; no further information was asked at all. So shocked and surprised! Was expecting the department to ask for further information esp regarding my da facto relationship, but none was asked!

Goodluck everyone!

Visa application submitted May 23rd 2016, health checks September 10th, visa sub class 100 granted 25th Oct. As I was in Oz for 10 days on a tourist visa I now need to go to NZ for 5 working days!!:arghh:
NZ is a lovely place to visit! Enjoy :)

Hi All Applying for 457 visa from UK to Australia (Adelaide SA)

here are my timelines to date.... any idea how long the last stage might take?

Sponsorship application submitted 12/08/16 approved 28/09/16

Nomination application submitted 29/09/16 approved 25/10/16

Visa application submitted 2/11/16 ...ANY IDEAS HOW LONG THIS WILL TAKE? (they have not asked for medical).

Thanks

Hi All Applying for 457 visa from UK to Australia (Adelaide SA)

here are my timelines to date.... any idea how long the last stage might take?

Sponsorship application submitted 12/08/16 approved 28/09/16

Nomination application submitted 29/09/16 approved 25/10/16

Visa application submitted 2/11/16 ...ANY IDEAS HOW LONG THIS WILL TAKE? (they have not asked for medical).

Thanks

You will possibly have to wait the 6-8 weeks again. Alot of MA's submit all three parts together so everything gets done at once

Hey,

It seems like the "Network" are putting a VERY high priority on "Decision Ready" 457 applications. Applications that are RFI'ed seem to be practically forgotten about. This 28 day period is most certainly not the case. My personal exp currently at 45 days. since 31st Aug

Hey,

It seems like the "Network" are putting a VERY high priority on "Decision Ready" 457 applications. Applications that are RFI'ed seem to be practically forgotten about. This 28 day period is most certainly not the case. My personal exp currently at 45 days. since 31st Aug

So you mean the fresh application are on priority rather than the application which are asked for more information , I've my nomination approved and they are just asking more info on my work experience .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say fresh applications are given priority, but if they are decision ready with an approved nomination then it seems like they processed at the same time and any that are not decision ready will be placed on the back burner, they say that people tend to upload the required info over a period of time and not all at once so I think its now the norm that you will not receive any reply for that 28 days. I too was asked for proof of work exp, i already had it and forgot to upload it! doh... the only difference is when a health info is requested that will be reviewed within a couple of days.

That being said, with the government anything is possible. Let us know whe your visa is granted.

There is a lot to second guess with it all.... Ours was nomination and visa submitted together on 23/9, packaged by an agent through the employer, yet some people have had theirs done before this date, can only expect it has something to do with local rather global allocations still.... Ours is 30 days today, so hopefully, if they're up to mid September, as it would appear, we should be done by next Friday., especially if they are still going by the current 35 day processing time .. Hoping, 

Edited by Loobeeloulou

There is a lot to second guess with it all.... Ours was nomination and visa submitted together on 23/9, packaged by an agent through the employer, yet some people have had theirs done before this date, can only expect it has something to do with local rather global allocations still.... Ours is 30 days today, so hopefully, if they're up to mid September, as it would appear, we should be done by next Friday., especially if they are still going by the current 35 day processing time .. Hoping, 

I did my visa application on 19th september. I waa so hoping that I ll get a response today but no response as yet. Is there anyone who applied around same time and still waiting for a response?

I did my visa application on 19th september. I waa so hoping that I ll get a response today but no response as yet. Is there anyone who applied around same time and still waiting for a response?

I did mine on 27 September. Nomination was approved and an RFI was issued both on 10 October (spouse requested to do full health assessment). Answer was provided 19 October, and since then I heard nothing. LR country.

Latest status indicate that you will hear something very soon:

Please note the auto-response was updated on 7 November 2016 with new information on the initial assessment date for processing.

We have recently moved to a global allocation model for processing cases. The network is processing applications lodged from 19 September 2016 onwards (the current assessment date will be updated weekly on a Monday).

Edited by Michael P

I did mine on 27 September. Nomination was approved and an RFI was requested both on 10 October (spouse requested to do full health assessment). Answer was provided 19 October, and since then I heard nothing. LR country.

I had got my Nomination approved when I made application for Visa on 19th September. They say it is taking 35 days for them to check the application. I hope they dont ask me additional documents. I do not have anymore patience to wait. I am not working here at the moment. Thats the worst part..

AFAIK, you can request priority (48 hour response) if you can show evidence of any kind of financial hardship/consequences for either yourself or the sponsor.

For urgent requests for assistance, please include the words Priority Request for Assistance in the subject line of your email. If there are exceptional circumstances requiring the urgent allocation of a case please the words Priority Allocation Request in the subject line of your email.

Such requests will NOT be considered further unless there is a brief statement providing reasons for the request. If there is no statement or the request is considered not to be urgent, you will not receive a response and/or the application will be processed within the normal timeframe. If the request is considered to be urgent, we will contact you within 48 hours.

AFAIK, you can request priority (48 hour response) if you can show evidence of any kind of financial hardship/consequences for either yourself or the sponsor.

For urgent requests for assistance, please include the words Priority Request for Assistance in the subject line of your email. If there are exceptional circumstances requiring the urgent allocation of a case please the words Priority Allocation Request in the subject line of your email.

Such requests will NOT be considered further unless there is a brief statement providing reasons for the request. If there is no statement or the request is considered not to be urgent, you will not receive a response and/or the application will be processed within the normal timeframe. If the request is considered to be urgent, we will contact you within 48 hours.

Thank u very much. I wasn't aware. I will try this now. Thanks again