Going back after only 8 weeks!!

Guest Bolton2Brisbane

Hi B2B

Thank you for the update ... Im really sorry you feel like you have made a mistake. At least you followed your heart...if you had stuck it out I think it would have been really hard to change your mindset because you would always have this longing for home....when you do get the chance to come back you will know whats involved and how to deal with it.

You are a brave lady...I hope everything works out for you.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B2B so sorry that you are struggling still. Sometimes you get to a place in your life where you really cant work out where you belong at all. Take some time and an english summer and work out what to do next - maybe move somewhere else in UK as a different option. Hope it all works out for you.

Guest Curlysoo

My heart goes out to you! However I commend your honesty.:yes:

I feel you made the right decision for you and yours at the time. You moved to Oz and almost instantly felt it wasnt right for you, you were honest about it and made the tough decision to return to the UK. :unsure:

Now that you are here you KNOW the UK isnt for you, but is the only alternative Australia? You have been an entirely honest poster, have a re think about why you felt oz wasnt right for you, make another list for the UK, weigh one up against the other. Sometimes our heads are cruel to us, our memories come into our heads wearing rose tinted glasses clouding the way things really were.:nah:

Good Luck with whatever you do in the future.

Guest leanneandmark

You know what !!

if i was you i think i'd use this time to travel around a bit see a bit of the world and perhaps realize what it is you want out of the place your gonna call home!!

But good for you life is about adventure not money, you can get that money back you're both young enough so try not to stress.

xxxxx

Guest nics26

All i have to say is everything happens for a reason, maybe you needed to come back to the uk to appreciate all you had in oz or to see that things in the uk aren't as great as you thought... whatever the reasons, life is one great big learning curve, just take from it what you can and move on to the next adventure, whatever or where ever that maybe!

I wish you the best of luck and hope you settle somewhere soon.

Nics x

Hello

If and that is IF you do venture back. Would it be Brisbane again or would you try another place?

Just wondered. It was interesting to hear your story as i have often thought i wanted to go back but scared i would regret it as you seem to have done. I am sorry you have had all this to endure but heres hoping you end up where you are happy.

I think you're very brave to go back and very brave to admit that it's not what you expected. I think the great thing is that you can offer advice from experience - I hope you continue to contribute to PIO

Ali x

Guest cantwait

Hi B2B

I think your post if great, and so honest and brave. I hope wherever you decide to settle you find the right place for you. I also think we should all be thanking you, because maybe when people feel homesick, your story will inspire them to have a holiday back home and not to make any decisions too quickly. Another PIO member has given some great advice too on a recent post - to make a list of why you wanted to leave the UK, and a list of what you want to do in Australia. They advised that if you get depressed, go into holiday mode and do some sightseeing.

As I said before, good luck. I hope you make it back to Australia and feel settled and happy.

xxx

:smile:

Guest Rickard Family

Hi B2B

Do you know what! I admire you for being so honest and think you will have help many people with this post, i too like someone else said have printed off your original post and the one yesterday because i just feel it is a very inspiring read as was everyone's replies and support, my better half is a great believer in fate and things happening for a reason we wish you all the best and good luck.

Lou.

Guest Jaynie

I agree, you have opened your soul on this forum and it takes a 'Big Personality' to say what you have said.

I hope you and your partner find happiness and peace in whichever country you decide to live in.

Guest jpearse

thanks B2B for being so honest. I will know where to look next time I have a wave of homesickness. I really hope that it all works out for you. x

Guest AJM2

A big hug to you, everyone pretty much said what I wanted to say.

You are brave, brave for going, brave for coming back and brave for admitting you've made a mistake. Don't let anyone belittle your choices - remind them that it's your life and not theirs!

Thank you for your honest account of it all and Good luck !

Guest taffy 62

Same here!

You have been so brave opening your feelings from the heart, thats what I try to do when advising or trying to help someone.

We all appreciate what you have said and it is really interesting reading to read your first post and latest post.

I wanted to try and catch up with you whilst you were still in brisbane but as I was feeling down also didnt think it would be fair to you as I didnt want you to feel worse than what you were feeling, and thought if two homesick people got together it would have made things worse for you . It would have been more benificial for you to have met a settled positive person that could have maybe guided you over the rough patch.

I hope that you find love luck and laughter in the future, and maybe one day you may decide to come back to 0z. you wont be the first and you wont be the last pingpong pom, and there is a high success rate second time around. At least you have an idea of what you would do different next time.

All the best for the future take care:smile:

WOW are one brave and very honest lady. I had tears in my eyes when I read your last post as you have been through all that and now regret it. Maybe you could try a different part of OZ next time if you do decide to move back. For now though I would just settle down and chill for a while there is no good in beating yourself up about things. Or making any big decisions quickly. One thing is for sure where ever you and your partner end up this experience has only made you both stronger. Good luck to you both. All the very best xxxx

Guest Karen K

I rarely get the computor long enough to be able to read a thread this long. What a great thread and a very brave northern lass you are for opening your heart to us. However if you do ever go back don't go to Brisbane, try somewhere new. FATE is a strange thing so just follow your heart now and forever, good luck in all you do XXX hugs XX PS don't eat those Bury blackpuddings, your'll get fat LOL

Hi, sorry to hear of your homesickness, I think you should go with how your heart feels and your gut instinct. Take this from someone who has already ping-ponged. We had been living in Melbourne for 2.5 years and I was soooooooo homesick, we returned home to the u.k. for just under 6 months, found everything just the same as we left...Husband and son really keen to come back and I thought I was too? as I had started to settle a bit just before we left, but now we are back those gut feelings of feeling homesick again have returned..I am so confused!!!!

:err:Hi, sorry to hear of your homesickness, I think you should go with how your heart feels and your gut instinct. Take this from someone who has already ping-ponged. We had been living in Melbourne for 2.5 years and I was soooooooo homesick, we returned home to the u.k. for just under 6 months, found everything just the same as we left...Husband and son really keen to come back and I thought I was too? as I had started to settle a bit just before we left, but now we are back those gut feelings of feeling homesick again have returned..I am so confused!!!!

Guest sandy25

Hi B2B,

I agree with everyone else. An honest account of the different decisions you made. Just see it as another step forward on the journey of your life, whatever that may be, wherever that may be and whenever that may be. (perhaps think of england as one extended holiday before your next destination). Keep posting and let us know how you are getting on. Luv Wendy

Guest paulwbafc

Hi

I would hold fire on a move back to the UK just for now. House prices are forecast to fall 30% over the next 2 years. I know you miss family etc but make plans in your head that you are going back to the UK but in the meantime while you are in oz take the chance to see a bit of Australia while you can. In a year or 2 you will save a lot of money on property in the UK delaying the move. House prices where I live have dropped on average from 170k to 140k in 12 months. I sold my house last year. 12 months before I sold it the same house in my street went for 170k. Last oct when I sold it I got 140k. Now they go for 125k. End of the year it would go for less. Properties in oz are going up. So be a bit clever and tell family you shall be back in a year or 2 when you see how the property market goes. The recession in the UK is on the way. Energy Bills are going up in Sept 25% in news at moment. Do what is best for yourself and family.

Guest kdal
Hi

I would hold fire on a move back to the UK just for now.

Think you will find that they did come back to the UK, but now want to be back in Australia, someone dug up the old post.

Regards

Guest paulwbafc

Hi.

Me and my family move over to Brissy this summer. I move on June 11th start job 16th. Wife and kids come out end July early August. Looking forward to it now. Had a surprise party last week which I wasn't expecting and gave me a lump in the throat. i will miss a lot about the uk and family but I know deep down we must move on. We have not been happy in the uk for a long time anyway and love australia. Even if we do find it hard out there and want to come back we will be giving it a minimum of 5 years so our eldest son completes his higher education out there. Then Emmie our daughter will be ready for senior school. We did 2 reccys so we are prepared as much as possible and we have taken everything into consideration.

Guest AJM2

Think you will find that they did come back to the UK, but now want to be back in Australia, someone dug up the old post.

Regards

The 'someone' was the original poster, updating us... :smile:

Guest kdal
The 'someone' was the original poster, updating us... :smile:

Hi, Sorry wasn't being rude by putting 'someone' just it is a long thread and knew that I had read on a seperate thread that the people concerned were back home in the UK for now. So rather than typing a lengthly post to Paul left it as brief as possible for him.

Paul, Just read your other post and good luck with the move and the new job, not long now then !!! :cool:

Guest pabloke99
Hi there

Really sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. Why don't you just fly home for a visit before you make such a big decision to sell up all over again. It would be cheaper and it may help you settle? Really hope you get sorted out whatever you decide.

Lots of luck.

Les:yes:

This site is a good source of advice, no sympathy here. Sorry everyone, but Mark (the partner) deserves a medal.

Guest taffy 62

btb

Maybe you could move your updated thread to a new one saying update after moving back from oz or extend the original heading as an update, as there seems a bit of confusion.

A lot of us know you from your first thread and are interested how ya going and some people dont want to read through long threads , and some people may not realise that you have given an update on this one and will miss it, just a thought:smile: .

Your hubby sounds so supportive and I hope this makes you both stronger in your relationship. It will be hard as I did the same when I went back from south africa due to homesickness many years ago.

Hubby started to resent me for making him go back, and we went through some really bad times, ended up moving away from the friends and family in the uk to a different part.

Sorted ourselves out, stuck by one and other then made the decision to come to oz.

since then our relationship has gotten stronger and stronger and were still together.

Hope things work out well for you, but in case things arnt honkydory now your back, just take one day at a time and be there for each other and talk to each other.

if you ever need a chat you can pm me.

all the best.:smile:

Archived