What are your Pros and cons about moving to Australia?

marie

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You need to remember that most of us live in Australia, not paradise where you live. Everywhere I have lived in Aus, which is quite a few places in two states, has had barking dogs all over the place. My neighbour is a former policeman and he's got a few stories about the problems they cause, I can tell you. Could be solved eith the stroke of a pen, but the political will's not there.

Nope, nothing but the occasional dog bark in my suburb.

You need to remember that most of us live in Australia, not paradise where you live. Everywhere I have lived in Aus, which is quite a few places in two states, has had barking dogs all over the place. My neighbour is a former policeman and he's got a few stories about the problems they cause, I can tell you. Could be solved eith the stroke of a pen, but the political will's not there.

Having the countries best farmers market helps, and dogs have never been much of a problem even when I lived in South Aus. What have they done to pommy dogs to stop them barking?

Do people in Australia keep their dogs out in the garden more or do most people have house dogs the same as us?

All British people I know in Aus keep their dogs inside and walk them twice a day. Australians view dog ownership slightly differently - buy three blue heelers and dump them in the back yard for the rest of their lives.

All British people I know in Aus keep their dogs inside and walk them twice a day. Australians view dog ownership slightly differently - buy three blue heelers and dump them in the back yard for the rest of their lives.

Our next door neighbour keeps his dog in the backyard. She has a cosy bed in the garage and she's walked twice a day.

I suspect my neighbour would think that cooping Stella up in the house would be cruel, rather than letting her run round a big yard as she pleases.

I think you need professional help, and you know it.........

The dogs round here don't bark much but the ones near our beach house do- horrible little mutts. They are not lonely, there are 2 of them and they bark at their own shadows. Why do people keep dogs if they just leave them outside all the time and ignore them? Actually, why keep the things at all unless you need them for rounding up sheep?

Haven't read all the thread, but the backyard dog annoys me, a dog is part of the family, let it share the Ffg house.

but is it surprising from a country that still lets puppies and kittens be sold from so called pet shops, got from unscrupulous breeders.

makes my blood boil, could not believe it when I moved here. Walked into one store and just burst out crying when I saw them. Then asked the assistant about it, poor animals are left there in all weather conditions, no heating or air con depending on season.

australia needs to get a grip on this.....

Dogs are very sociable animals....I've had dogs all my life and am still surprised by what they understand and how they interact with humans.

my dogs are my fur babies, just like my human daughters. All part of my family:wub:

Same here Fifi...I can't comprehend having a dog and making it stay outside, my little baby is snoozing next to me on the couch, I think she know somethings afoot, will miss her heaps when we go away but at least she gets to stay at home this time with our house sitter

I never thought I would kp dogs outside but I have two here outside n its better for them I think. .they come in if it rains though. .n I spend alot of time in yard wth them n walk them daily...they run around as much as they like..chase birds..throw old bones around n find shady spots to rest...house is too hot...sometimes I camp outside wth them lol its nt cruel...I used to think so but Ive changed my mind. ..I wouldnt do it in uk coz its too cold n wet but its different here..

Dogs and cats and other pets and vets, dog poo. There's a thing. I wonder if dog poo is worse or better in Oz. Does it smell worse or better? Are the pavements cleaner or dirtier. Do people pick it up more or less?

The real thing that is worse in Oz than the UK is traffic lights. Not how many but the colours. Far inferior shade of Amber compared to UK. And plates too. Cups and saucers are OK but not plates. And don't get me started about Aussie salt!

Dogs and cats and other pets and vets, dog poo. There's a thing. I wonder if dog poo is worse or better in Oz. Does it smell worse or better? Are the pavements cleaner or dirtier. Do people pick it up more or less?

The real thing that is worse in Oz than the UK is traffic lights. Not how many but the colours. Far inferior shade of Amber compared to UK. And plates too. Cups and saucers are OK but not plates. And don't get me started about Aussie salt!

Stop buying cheap salt. Plentiful range of gourmet salts available, link to two below

http://www.thesaltbox.com.au/seasoning-salts/?gclid=CIuElcn7qsICFVUIvAodUZQAUQ

http://www.murrayriversalt.com.au/

Archived