Have just lost my RSMS...

IN Trouble

I worked just under 6 motnhs, but I didn't like the job very much, wasnt what i wnated to do - so didn't go very often. Immi sent me the letter, i now have 28 days.

Sounds like it is time to go home then, not surprising you were sacked if you did not work.

They haven't changed the rules at all. It has always been a condition of a 187 RSMS visa that you were expected to stay with the employer in the regional area for 2 years and it would have said that on your grant letter. If someone gives it a good shot and stays for more than 12 months, or if they lose the job through circumstances outside their control, DIBP have been known to be lenient but from what you've told us, you didn't put the effort in and the result was therefore pretty well inevitable.

I worked just under 6 motnhs, but I didn't like the job very much, wasnt what i wnated to do - so didn't go very often. Immi sent me the letter, i now have 28 days.

You have not given much information in your post but I would assume that you have received an “Invitation to comment on adverse information received by the Department” letter. Depending on your response, the Department will decide on whether to cancel your visa.

You should treat this very seriously and carefully research your response as it could very well decide whether your visa is cancelled or not.

• 3 weeks later...
You have not given much information in your post but I would assume that you have received an “Invitation to comment on adverse information received by the Department” letter. Depending on your response, the Department will decide on whether to cancel your visa.

You should treat this very seriously and carefully research your response as it could very well decide whether your visa is cancelled or not.

I spoke to my case officer, and he said that I had to prove it wasn't my fauly. I've written to say I didn't like the employer and didn't think I should have to work their shifts. I'm not leaving, they'll have to find me

I spoke to my case officer, and he said that I had to prove it wasn't my fauly. I've written to say I didn't like the employer and didn't think I should have to work their shifts. I'm not leaving, they'll have to find me

There is no condition imposed on a subclass 187 visa that requires holders to work for a particular employer, or at all.

If the minister forms the view that you did not intend to undertake the agreed work, or that your employer did not intend to offer the work agreed to, then you could have your visa cancelled for providing false or misleading information.

Commenting on what the DIBP will or will not have to do is unlikely to assist your case.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent, sooner rather than later?

Hi...i think 1 year and a half is not that long to sacrifice for you to stay legally. Please be considerate for others in your future actions. I believe that DIBP Oz is lenient enough but if you really want to stay illegally this might affect future visa applicants.

haha is this a wind up? where you going to work then? dont you think employers check your visa status?

Wowwwwww. Hopefully DIBP will see this and go through whatever process they have to to subpoena the IP address you're posting from.

Archived