Who has or is going to oz with £10k or less

Guest mandisfam

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why dont yer start a thread on who has $900,000 thou or more kirk? there might still be some people on PIO who DONT know what your worth?:wink:

Breaths some life back into the thread though nothing like stiring the pot now & again its nice to see the passion some have on here for the move & sometimes it needs someone to through a spanner in for some to show it as we have done in the past:wink::wink:

Breaths some life back into the thread though nothing like stiring the pot now & again its nice to see the passion some have on here for the move & sometimes it needs someone to through a spanner in for some to show it as we have done in the past:wink::wink:

I know what yer saying kirk,BUT some people are HAVING to go with £10k or less?

Is it giving them a reality check or raining on their parade?

Ive nothing against those going over with fortunes,good luck to them,most people with plenty £ have worked for it,so no probs.

However,i think the point of this thread was to "encourage" each other/show it can be done with £10 k??,and it just does'nt seem right to me that people use the thread to harp on about how much they have compared to the less fortunate ones? call me old fashioned...

I think theres some really inspiring stories in this thread,tbh,i remember fiona only went out with a few bob and has done well,look at the post from exenger,$80 !! thats superb in my book!!,everyone roots for the underdog and im the same.

Good luck to them all anyway,thats all i want to say:notworthy:

Guest Hearne_Family
I know what yer saying kirk,BUT some people are HAVING to go with £10k or less?

Is it giving them a reality check or raining on their parade?

Ive nothing against those going over with fortunes,good luck to them,most people with plenty £ have worked for it,so no probs.

However,i think the point of this thread was to "encourage" each other/show it can be done with £10 k??,and it just does'nt seem right to me that people use the thread to harp on about how much they have compared to the less fortunate ones? call me old fashioned...

I think theres some really inspiring stories in this thread,tbh,i remember fiona only went out with a few bob and has done well,look at the post from exenger,$80 !! thats superb in my book!!,everyone roots for the underdog and im the same.

Good luck to them all anyway,thats all i want to say:notworthy:

I think the majority of us in this thread that read Kirks posts will not be put off by them, unfortunately there are people in this world who like to make sure that people know they have money...apparently it makes them a better person!?:jiggy:

Still as yous ay there are some of us that come here with very little not by choice but because thats all we have, I guess if you are used to having money and a nice house then thats what you will expect here too...for those reading this and thinking of moving here with £10k or less, work out the sums, if they add up then go for it.

Terry.

I think the majority of us in this thread that read Kirks posts will not be put off by them, unfortunately there are people in this world who like to make sure that people know they have money...apparently it makes them a better person!?:jiggy:

Still as yous ay there are some of us that come here with very little not by choice but because thats all we have, I guess if you are used to having money and a nice house then thats what you will expect here too...for those reading this and thinking of moving here with £10k or less, work out the sums, if they add up then go for it.

Terry.

I dont post to put people off far from it but to make them think could I wait & be more prepared. The last thing I want to here or read is someone saying I made a mistake if only I had given myself more time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest12791

Well, i look at it like this, money isnt everything, my partner and i have both been divorced and lost so much financially! Peoples circumsatances are different and everyone with a lot, little or no money should be given the respect they are due, it takes guts to up and move to the other side of the world. Im going back to oz with very little in the bank and I dont care realy cos i dont need too much only the basics to live, although a pool would be good!!!!! guess i will be working here or in brisbane, no difference to me realy. I would say to anyone with ten grand or less, go for it live your dream youre a long time dead. Better to have given it a go than sat with a pot of money wishing you had done it years ago, Good luck to everyone , annemarie xxx

Guest Alexxxxx

I'm so glad you started this post.. I was very worried about this too. We are in the EXACT same position. We bought our property at the wrong time too so there isn't alot we can get off it now. So we're just going to rent it. And selling all of our stuff and hoping to have jobs lined up by the time we get there to start not long after arriving. That's the plan anyway. We're so eager to get out there that we really don't want money holding us back so we're aiming for about £5-7,000. Hopefully the currency rate will go up a bit by the time we go and up it a bit more :) we don't have any children so it is literally just the two of us so hopefully that will be feasible!

Where you looking to go in Aus? and when you looking to go?

Terry.

My sums never add up,I`ve always been rubbish in Maths,lol,

but hey what the heck,if we dont do it we never will know,

Guest torren

Kirk, that's great but sadly all your luck and money hasn't helped you because you can't spell 'throw' (i.e. through a spanner) surely with all your good luck and money you would know that.....perhaps something more productive to concentrate on until you finally move to oz?

Kirk, that's great but sadly all your luck and money hasn't helped you because you can't spell 'throw' (i.e. through a spanner) surely with all your good luck and money you would know that.....perhaps something more productive to concentrate on until you finally move to oz?

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: but thankfully its not a problem for me. I left school with no qualifications everyone said you will not get anywere. All my friends went on to higher education (Degrees) me found a apprenticeship no one wanted hated colledge failed my final exames twice then past. Now though have paid for my house no morgage, have visa to go to oz within the next 5 years, can buy house in oz outright, money in bank, earning a very high wage so a spelling mistake is not a problem but feel free to correct me at any stage.

Guest Hearne_Family

Guys, before this gets out of hand and too personal can we agree to disagree? There have been many great threads on this site that have turned nasty and personal causing them to be closed.

Weather we agree with Kirk or not he is just sharing his opinions and there is no need to correct his spelling.

Kirk has obviously worked hard to get where he is, but some people work hard and dont get paid well for it and that is why some of us are in this situation of coming with £10k or less.

Lets keep it relevant please.

Terry.

Guys, before this gets out of hand and too personal can we agree to disagree? There have been many great threads on this site that have turned nasty and personal causing them to be closed.

Weather we agree with Kirk or not he is just sharing his opinions and there is no need to correct his spelling.

Kirk has obviously worked hard to get where he is, but some people work hard and dont get paid well for it and that is why some of us are in this situation of coming with £10k or less.

Lets keep it relevant please.

Terry.

It is no problem to me as it reminds me of the putdowns I had when I was younger & how I have shut them up now.

It's funny you say that, because as I read it most of the putting down seems to come from you. But maybe you've just explained why you've given so much of your time to a thread that bears no relevance to your situation. Go Kirk you keep proving those playground bullies wrong..

Guest Hearne_Family
It is no problem to me as it reminds me of the putdowns I had when I was younger & how I have shut them up now.

The thing is Kirk constant bragging about having money will put peoples backs up, to some people money is everything, to some its a hinderance and to some its of no importance, money does not make a person and thats what people are trying to say.

Terry.

It's funny you say that, because as I read it most of the putting down seems to come from you. But maybe you've just explained why you've given so much of your time to a thread that bears no relevance to your situation. Go Kirk you keep proving those playground bullies wrong..

I dont think I put anyone down if I did it was unintentionable please show me thread & I will correct it. All I want is for all of you is to have the best possible start & not have to return for some reason of which could of been provented by waiting till the moment is right.

I dont think I put anyone down if I did it was unintentionable please show me thread & I will correct it. All I want is for all of you is to have the best possible start & not have to return for some reason of which could of been provented by waiting till the moment is right.

And so you let others know how much you "care" about them by telling them how much money you've got.

Interesting.:huh:

Guest wingywangwoo

Thanks Kirk!

No offence by your posts at all mate!

We spent several years researching our move, Thought we had it all planned, Got our 175 visa so all systems go, checked the job market, all looked healthy there to, good exchange rate at the time,....

Fast forward a few months and you find yourselves with the house sold, Flights booked and well and truly on your way!

Then you land, get your holiday let sorted, and your hire car, and its away you go, Before you know it a couple of weeks have past, you now have a rental, so organized broadband, foxtel etc, and get the kids sorted in school, Got rid of the hire car and brought your own!! Then then more job hunting!!

The question is that you ask yourselves is where the hell have all the jobs gone? They were there a few months ago???? You think all will be ok, send off a few more cv's make lots more phone calls and check all the papers, Then 3 months have gone by, and you keep telling yourself a job and i mean any job will come along soon.... You pay a few more bills, Fill the tank and finally check your bank balance :arghh: Thats when reality hits, and you really start to wish you had researched even more!!!

Its ok when its just you to think about, you may well survive having no job for a while, but when you have a wife and 3 kids to support its a whole different ball game, If i could turn the clock back, i would have looked into job sponsorship as a way to get to Australia, at least i would have a steady income!! So yes make sure you can afford to keep yourselves afloat for however long it takes to secure a job! Because i can tell you, its far from easy, And this is coming from a plumber!!!!!

all the very best!!

Thanks Kirk!

No offence by your posts at all mate!

We spent several years researching our move, Thought we had it all planned, Got our 175 visa so all systems go, checked the job market, all looked healthy there to, good exchange rate at the time,....

Fast forward a few months and you find yourselves with the house sold, Flights booked and well and truly on your way!

Then you land, get your holiday let sorted, and your hire car, and its away you go, Before you know it a couple of weeks have past, you now have a rental, so organized broadband, foxtel etc, and get the kids sorted in school, Got rid of the hire car and brought your own!! Then then more job hunting!!

The question is that you ask yourselves is where the hell have all the jobs gone? They were there a few months ago???? You think all will be ok, send off a few more cv's make lots more phone calls and check all the papers, Then 3 months have gone by, and you keep telling yourself a job and i mean any job will come along soon.... You pay a few more bills, Fill the tank and finally check your bank balance :arghh: Thats when reality hits, and you really start to wish you had researched even more!!!

Its ok when its just you to think about, you may well survive having no job for a while, but when you have a wife and 3 kids to support its a whole different ball game, If i could turn the clock back, i would have looked into job sponsorship as a way to get to Australia, at least i would have a steady income!! So yes make sure you can afford to keep yourselves afloat for however long it takes to secure a job! Because i can tell you, its far from easy, And this is coming from a plumber!!!!!

all the very best!!

Hope all works out & thanks.

Guest Stupendousman

After following a number of responses in this thread, I must say that I for one don't find Kirk's comments offensive...if anything I feel a little sorry for him as all of his security and self worth appears to be wrapped up in money and personal wealth.

I really admire those who are following their dream inspite of the financial hurdles and risks involved...after all courage is facing your fears and overcoming.

We too will be leaving with little but will be willing to give much!

After following a number of responses in this thread, I must say that I for one don't find Kirk's comments offensive...if anything I feel a little sorry for him as all of his security and self worth appears to be wrapped up in money and personal wealth.

I really admire those who are following their dream inspite of the financial hurdles and risks involved...after all courage is facing your fears and overcoming.

We too will be leaving with little but will be willing to give much!

so you would appluade a student who comes on here telling everyone he or she had 10 A stars. I come on here made good from admitidly not trying at school & get crap from some for turning myself around & making good. Listen to your kids

Archived