Who has or is going to oz with £10k or less

Guest mandisfam

yeah kirk and co we are potty...!!!!..lol... if you think about it... it does not add up in the real world... but hey,, if we didnt try , we woildnt know... but having some fantastic friends to help us,, we will be ok...thankfully our luck is changing, good job on offer now, and stuffs going well... i wouldnt advise anyone else to do what we are doing.... but as i say, id rather be skint over here than in scotland...to try and entertain yourself in scotland in crappy weather can be done.. didnt suit our lifestyle , but could be done.. but not cheaply... at least in oz... the weathers been good ..so far to allow us free entertainment... just check out the brisbane south bank australia day free stuff!!!.....didnt get much of that in scotland...

grass is greener on the other side of the fence.... and im on a kinda honeymoon just now... so im giving it time....

have a good weekend guys .. the gallachers:hug:

now living in halpine lakes, mango hill,

All the best sorry for calling you potty but I thought it was word to use without causing offence.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest12551

pmsl... @kirk and co...lol.. no offence taken....thanx for the words of encouragement...it takes alot of bottle for what we have all gone through and going through,,,,to have a good cash base makes it easier on the wallet, not the head,, so we are all really inb the same situation.,.. take care and good luck in the future..

the gallachers xx

• 1 month later...
Guest simondbsmith

Hi, I'm going on my recci to Perth in a week, however we both have jobs to go to on day one with a joint income of about $100,000 per annum in total, i am also getting a company car, basic medi and my rental bond paid for.

On this we have decided not to sell our house, but as the job transition from one to the next is only a few days we are only taking £3000, is this enough?

Hi, I'm going on my recci to Perth in a week, however we both have jobs to go to on day one with a joint income of about $100,000 per annum in total, i am also getting a company car, basic medi and my rental bond paid for.

On this we have decided not to sell our house, but as the job transition from one to the next is only a few days we are only taking £3000, is this enough?

Hi there,

You will have more than enough especially if there is only the two of ya's. You've probs got more than a lot of peeps came out with.

Good luck and all the best.

Most of all enjoy it:)

cheers

Brig x

Guest jimmyay

How much is sufficient for Immigration to approved my PR Visa 176 application? It was asked in the form as What is the value of money, goods and assets which you (and your

partner) intend to bring to Australia?

I don't expect to bring everything when i first arrive in Australia. Maybe after another 3 months or so when i settle down, then i will bring in a container.

Hi,

our story is very familiar with Kirk and Co. We cam eover to OZ on a 457 and we had about $5000. We stayed in a crappy cabin at a Caravan park.We landed on a Wednesday and hubby started work on a Monday, having had no time to look around and get his bearings. We drove an old leaky bomb that my hubbys boss lent us. We had enough money to pay a bond, buy a cheap furniture package from Fantastic Furniture and thats pretty much it. Sponsor then sold us a car which is a 98 magna. It looks nice, but is a oetrol gussler. We paid that off by them taking $50 a week out of his wage. We found a nice house after 4 weeks. The things is you dont HAVE to come out with tons of money, but it does help. I would also stress that although we had no friends, we were helped to some extent. We didnt have to pay outright for our car and my hubby was able to start work straight away. Coming over here on a 176 visa, with no job and the amount of money we had would be totally a nightmare!! There is always that unexpected expense. We are now putting in for PR and I am now working part time which helps. W

yeah kirk and co we are potty...!!!!..lol... if you think about it... it does not add up in the real world... but hey,, if we didnt try , we woildnt know... but having some fantastic friends to help us,, we will be ok...thankfully our luck is changing, good job on offer now, and stuffs going well... i wouldnt advise anyone else to do what we are doing.... but as i say, id rather be skint over here than in scotland...to try and entertain yourself in scotland in crappy weather can be done.. didnt suit our lifestyle , but could be done.. but not cheaply... at least in oz... the weathers been good ..so far to allow us free entertainment... just check out the brisbane south bank australia day free stuff!!!.....didnt get much of that in scotland...

grass is greener on the other side of the fence.... and im on a kinda honeymoon just now... so im giving it time....

have a good weekend guys .. the gallachers:hug:

now living in halpine lakes, mango hill,

you picked the right side of the road:biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest banana

hello guys :)

i have a question...

is 90 000$ AUD enough for a start? i will move to melbourne- west suburbs

i have relatives there, so i will be in their house, so i will not rent. but i have a question with buying a house.

how much does it cost house $ land package? i mean full price? 300-400k ?

and can I buy a house for example ( new little home i've seen for 140k ) and land separetly? i mean on the same loan but separetly?

thanks in advance

Best regards

Guest Hearne_Family

i have a question...

i have relatives there, so i will be in their house, so i will not rent. but i have a question with buying a house.

and can I buy a house for example ( new little home i've seen for 140k ) and land separetly? i mean on the same loan but separetly?

thanks in advance

Best regards

Hey Banana!

Read through this thread and you will see others have made it on way less that what you have, in terms of house prices have you looked at www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au you should beable to get an idea of prices there. As for your last question Im not sure what you mean, you want to take out one loan and with it buy a plot of land and then build your own choice of house on it, rather than getting a package from the big builders? If thats what you mean then Im sure someone will advise you.

Good luck.

Terry.

i have a question...

thanks in advance

Best regards

Alright for a start but what about the finish ?

Guest Hearne_Family
Alright our we going for the 100 meters or the full marathon ?

Im here for good mate, came with $10k and doing well on it thanks.

Guest banana

thank you Terry ;)

i would like to buy a full package ( house and land ), but on the Internet i've seen just prices of the houses... somewhere i've seen $30 -40k. is it true?

is that expensive for one storey new house?

i have in plan to get a job ofcourse... i'm occupational therapist. is somebody from you in medical staff? is my occupation good payed in australia?

thanks and good night (for me )

I'm bringing about 4-5k GBP hopefully it will be enough to get a rental property in Sydney if not its couch surfing until my first months wages come in and I will start work the day after I arrive. I'll need to borrow quite a bit to buy a car at least 50k AUD but i'm young free and hopefully will soon be rich so life is good :)

I'm bringing about 4-5k GBP hopefully it will be enough to get a rental property in Sydney if not its couch surfing until my first months wages come in and I will start work the day after I arrive. I'll need to borrow quite a bit to buy a car at least 50k AUD but i'm young free and hopefully will soon be rich so life is good :)

The boys on Bondi Rescue will love it if you turn up at the beach in your board shorts and start trying to surf a couch......Looking forward to that episode already!!:wink:

Watch out for the rips, you might end up 'sofa' out that you cant get back!

Guest byron

we had very little but I had a job to come to here, its pretty pricey in sydney specially if you are a family

Hopefully this will be a bit of encouragement for all those not coming with a lot of money!!

Well we have been here 17 months and came over with suitcases and $15k, no jobs to come to and had never visited Australia and didn't know anyone.

17 months on, my OH is still in his same job (project manager with air con company) and I am just about to start a new job with the West Australian State Government (my 5th job since arriving).

So it can be done, we are living proof. We brought a 2nd hand car when we arrived and still have it, lived in a fully furnished rental for a year, and now are in our own place and brought furniture (a lot of it 2nd hand).

So it goes to prove that if you are determined you can make it here. We did and we had no connections and no family or friends to assist us. Our expectations wern't high either coming in. We lived in a lovely 3 bed villa, not modern but great for us, with a lovely landlady. We got lucky that OH found a great job within 3 weeks, I on the other hand struggled with finding jobs and was made redundent twice in 17 months.

Would I change things if I had to do them all over again.... NO...life is what you make it, we took a chance and it has paid off for us.

Good luck to everyone in the same boat as us !!

Cheers

Karen

Guest Hearne_Family
Hopefully this will be a bit of encouragement for all those not coming with a lot of money!!

Well we have been here 17 months and came over with suitcases and $15k, no jobs to come to and had never visited Australia and didn't know anyone.

17 months on, my OH is still in his same job (project manager with air con company) and I am just about to start a new job with the West Australian State Government (my 5th job since arriving).

So it can be done, we are living proof. We brought a 2nd hand car when we arrived and still have it, lived in a fully furnished rental for a year, and now are in our own place and brought furniture (a lot of it 2nd hand).

So it goes to prove that if you are determined you can make it here. We did and we had no connections and no family or friends to assist us. Our expectations wern't high either coming in. We lived in a lovely 3 bed villa, not modern but great for us, with a lovely landlady. We got lucky that OH found a great job within 3 weeks, I on the other hand struggled with finding jobs and was made redundent twice in 17 months.

Would I change things if I had to do them all over again.... NO...life is what you make it, we took a chance and it has paid off for us.

Good luck to everyone in the same boat as us !!

Cheers

Karen

Good on ya Karen and family, we are pretty much the same as you guys, came here with $10k and made a brand new start, never been here before and knew no one.

I agree that most of it is attitude, if you are happy to start at the bottom and work up you will be fine.

Congrats on the new job, have a great Easter weekend.

Terry.

Guest Hearne_Family

Are you serious? You are coming over with £5k and then plan to borrow $50k for a car?

Is it still April the 1st????

Guest Weemac

Got out here with about A$10k ish...luckily sponsored, so had job waiting..did what twinsmum65 did above...cheap car (Volvo 850 for 3k...which is now my wifes car)...furnished rental so we didn't have too many big outlays, it is a 2 bedroomed house, perfect for wife, me and a 6yo. The landlord even threw in basic Foxtel for us. We are ready to move to a bigger place soon...the garage is almost full of furniture we have been collecting ready for another place.

Again, same as twinsmum65, my wife went through a couple of jobs in the first year or so..but now has settled...she even passed her car licence...and that let her find a job she enjoys and doesn't have to fret about how to get there.

So it is feasable to do it...just be realistic and grab the opportunity with both hands...It is great for us so far.

Good luck to all,

Mac.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stewburt

We're taking £7500 each so £15000 total for which we're hoping to buy:

-a car each

-driving licence, car insurance

-rental bond and advance rent

-tv (we've heard UK ones don't work in Oz)

-plus food etc until the first Aussie pay cheque arrives which'll be approx 6 weeks after we arrive.

Should be fun!

Stewart:wink:

Archived