A warning and advice urgently needed- Visa granted but application not been lodged??????????

calNgary

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the original post was not one where we were going to get updates. The situation as set out was bleak and the post was to serve as a warning to others. I only hope someone with influence at DIBP saw it and is thinking of ideas to stop future applicants being conned in this way.

Guest guest30085
Not much more that could be put on a public forum, sadly.

Thanks George.

I was just hoping they were still eligible to apply for a visa.

I understand there would not be any updates on their case against the visa company, if there is one.

• 10 months later...
Guest DizzyD

Worst Visa Nightmare - Storm clouds to sunshine!

Hi all,

I am the Mum of the family who survived!! It is us who stood, almost a year ago to the day, with a fake visa grant notice and a totally broken heart / life. Apologies that it has taken so long to update you, but honestly, it has taken all strength and focus to re-stabilize our world and rebuild ourselves a future. It has been a long, uncertain and emotionally exhausting year. However, I am now ecstatically happy and delighted to report, that, following the direct help, advice and support received from the wonderful members of this amazing forum, we were able to pursue our dream once more and have recently been notified of our Positive PR Visa Grant Notification :-D WOW!!! :-)) We have booked our flights and cannot wait to arrive to our new 'sunshine filled' lives in Brisbane just 8 short weeks from now!! :-)) How amazingly lucky are we?!! It has been a very rocky road, but we are full of hope for a bright and happy family future. Many thanks to everyone who has shown kindness and support to us over the last year. You gave us strength and this will never be forgotten. xx

Worst Visa Nightmare - Storm clouds to sunshine!

Hi all,

I am the Mum of the family who survived!! It is us who stood, almost a year ago to the day, with a fake visa grant notice and a totally broken heart / life. Apologies that it has taken so long to update you, but honestly, it has taken all strength and focus to re-stabilize our world and rebuild ourselves a future. It has been a long, uncertain and emotionally exhausting year. However, I am now ecstatically happy and delighted to report, that, following the direct help, advice and support received from the wonderful members of this amazing forum, we were able to pursue our dream once more and have recently been notified of our Positive PR Visa Grant Notification :-D WOW!!! :-)) We have booked our flights and cannot wait to arrive to our new 'sunshine filled' lives in Brisbane just 8 short weeks from now!! :-)) How amazingly lucky are we?!! It has been a very rocky road, but we are full of hope for a bright and happy family future. Many thanks to everyone who has shown kindness and support to us over the last year. You gave us strength and this will never be forgotten. xx

Fantastic news, this is great to hear, lots of luck with your move Dizzy...

Cal x

What action/punishment has been taken against the agent if any ?

Unfortunately Parleycross, with visa fraud, the law does not support the victim. The incident was reported, 'logged' and 'filed' by the fraud office. No further action to our knowledge was ever undertaken. They were not MARA registered. Legally, these cases could take two years+ in court, only for them to fold if found guilty, leaving us, the family, with all court costs to pay and them free to continue to trade / cause heartache under a different 'Ltd company' name.

Edited by DizzyD
typo

Unfortunately Parleycross, with visa fraud, the law does not support the victim. The incident was reported, 'logged' and 'filed' by the fraud office. No further action to our knowledge was ever undertaken. They were not MARA registered. Legally, these cases could take two years+ in court, only for them to fold if found guilty, leaving us, the family, with all court costs to pay and them free to continue to trade / cause heartache under a different 'Ltd company' name.

But for those exact reasons, they should be named and shamed on this thread. There needs to be some consequences here. If you have evidence of their fraud then they cannot claim defamation. For all we know right now they are taking someone else's money. I don't think anyone expects you to take them to court in a private prosecution, but surely there is an ethical responsibility to name them so others will not fall prey?

I realise it is all well and good saying as much when I have no 'skin in the game', but I would exhort the owners of this site to make a stand. At the very least, you could say that DizzyD has reported 'company name limited' and 'joe bloggs' to the fraud office but that you have seen no documentary evidence of fraud. That is a factual statement and doesn't defame anyone.

What a horrendous experience you've had, DizzyD, but delighted to hear you've made it through!

But for those exact reasons, they should be named and shamed on this thread. There needs to be some consequences here. If you have evidence of their fraud then they cannot claim defamation. For all we know right now they are taking someone else's money. I don't think anyone expects you to take them to court in a private prosecution, but surely there is an ethical responsibility to name them so others will not fall prey?

I realise it is all well and good saying as much when I have no 'skin in the game', but I would exhort the owners of this site to make a stand. At the very least, you could say that DizzyD has reported 'company name limited' and 'joe bloggs' to the fraud office but that you have seen no documentary evidence of fraud. That is a factual statement and doesn't defame anyone.

One of the sticky threads includes a link about the forum's guidelines regarding legal threats. So if you have any questions, perhaps check out this sticky thread..... http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/236542-get-going-migration-susan-johnson.html

One of the sticky threads includes a link about the forum's guidelines regarding legal threats. So if you have any questions, perhaps check out this sticky thread..... http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/236542-get-going-migration-susan-johnson.html

Exactly, so PIO has a record of publicising the names of companies that threaten legal action, hence your link (and good on them). So why can't we find out the name of the company in this case? It would appear as if they are quite happy to name & shame.

It doesn't appear as if the company in the OP is get going migration, as the number of starred characters does not match.

Guest The Pom Queen

What a horrendous experience you've had, DizzyD, but delighted to hear you've made it through!

@robfromdublin we did not remove the name on this thread but you have already been pointed out the link to the company responsible from one of the moderators. We have had 3 legal threats from this company ourselves and as we now state every company who threatens us with legal action will now be named.

Guest The Pom Queen
Exactly, so PIO has a record of publicising the names of companies that threaten legal action, hence your link (and good on them). So why can't we find out the name of the company in this case? It would appear as if they are quite happy to name & shame.

It doesn't appear as if the company in the OP is get going migration, as the number of starred characters does not match.

The starred our characters don't mean a thing, that's you presuming. You have already been told who the company is. So let the matter drop. However, it's nice to know that next time I receive a legal threat on my doorstep you will pay all our costs to fight the matter in the courts. :notworthy:

Guest The Pom Queen

@DizzyD this is wonderful news, congratulations on your "legit" visa. Please pm me and let me know how you went on with your case against them. No wonder they never have any negative feedback if they threaten everyone with legal action. I can't understand why they haven't been closed down :no:

Anyway enjoy your wonderful new life down under and try and put all this behind you. :hug:

@robfromdublin we did not remove the name on this thread but you have already been pointed out the link to the company responsible from one of the moderators. We have had 3 legal threats from this company ourselves and as we now state every company who threatens us with legal action will now be named.

Thanks TPQ, good to know that the link posted from a moderator actually was the company (and person) involved here, and not a separate instance of legal threat (it would appear you get a few).

Good on you for making their name known. A lot of people would just shut down the discussion and it takes courage to do otherwise.

The starred our characters don't mean a thing, that's you presuming. You have already been told who the company is. So let the matter drop. However, it's nice to know that next time I receive a legal threat on my doorstep you will pay all our costs to fight the matter in the courts. :notworthy:

Ha! Like I say I have no skin in the game. But there are alternative ways to fighting legal matters than in the courts, as you have ably demonstrated with your other thread.

I had not been told who the company was. That's you presuming. All the moderator did was link to the forum's guidelines re legal threat....

Guest The Pom Queen
Ha! Like I say I have no skin in the game. But there are alternative ways to fighting legal matters than in the courts, as you have ably demonstrated with your other thread.

I had not been told who the company was. That's you presuming. All the moderator did was link to the forum's guidelines re legal threat....

Well I'm presuming you now know who the company was and we can get on with celebrating with DizzyD :wink: