Contact details in case child has accident at school

redleader

Hi there,

Just wondered if anybody knows if Australian schools have a form that parents must fill in, when their child starts school with them. ( ie whom to contact in the event the child had an accident for instance?)

Any further info on this would be helpful!

:)

Hi there,

Just wondered if anybody knows if Australian schools have a form that parents must fill in, when their child starts school with them. ( ie whom to contact in the event the child had an accident for instance?)

Any further info on this would be helpful!

:)

It would be pretty daft not to.....

All schools always need the parent's contact details and then a further contact such as a relative or a family friend who can be contacted in case the parent cannot.

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies. Yes, I thought it would be standard, that next of kin details would be required by the school. And yes I suppose, on the face of it, it does sound an odd question to ask. My reasons for asking are, that my son left for Australia with his dad in Feb, after going thru the UK courts to establish contact etc. Having recently contacted the school to find out how he's doing, they advised me that I was not even listed as a parent on the enrolment forms!! Now heres the question. Do enrolment forms ask for parents details? Or would that be disclosable on an 'emergency contact' details form, or are these forms the same thing? The plot thickens!

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies. Yes, I thought it would be standard, that next of kin details would be required by the school. And yes I suppose, on the face of it, it does sound an odd question to ask. My reasons for asking are, that my son left for Australia with his dad in Feb, after going thru the UK courts to establish contact etc. Having recently contacted the school to find out how he's doing, they advised me that I was not even listed as a parent on the enrolment forms!! Now heres the question. Do enrolment forms ask for parents details? Or would that be disclosable on an 'emergency contact' details form, or are these forms the same thing? The plot thickens!

Yes they do ask for parents details on the form but don't ask for proof. If you want to know how your son is doing you may need to provide the school with a copy of a solicitors letter or court order. They won't give any details out over the phone or email as they have no idea who you are.

I think you are reading too much into it. His dad probably hasnt put you on the forms as you are not in the country. Probably put down a friend as an emergency contact as if they could not get hold of his Dad, it would take a lot longer trying to get you.

Hi All,

No plot. No they don't ask for all parental details and they wouldn't want a an emergency contact thousands of miles away. My eldest went to live with her Father in Brisbane when she was 15 and we were still in the UK. I wouldn't have expected to be emergency contact that would be daft. I did ask for progress reports but tthey never came.

Archived