So many moving back to the UK!

mygirlies

Try putting 75 million .....all different races into sleepy Perth and see how it goes ! Britain does very well and deals with all the diverse cultures better than Australia will ever do. Look how well the aboriginals have been integrated ! It's shameful.

Im not drawing a comparison between the two countries. Just stating that IMO Britain (mainly England) is getting worse for racism and racial tension brewing up. And 75 million all into Perth? WOW! There isn't even 75 million in the whole of the UK so I don't think putting 75 million in Perth would go down too well..Might be a bit cramped and end up like London :laugh:

Edited by WeegieDave

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked in the UK for 5 months nothing there either, I have signed up with all the agencies & they ignore me at most, I am maybe going back to the Uk with my tail between my legs & a big fat hole in my pocket after mayebe wasting my money all £12000 coming here & getting 0 return of my hard earned money

I found this a real shock too. It took me six months to find a permanent job in Melbourne, since getting back to London three weeks ago I have been four already and have the luxury of being selective. Sadly we have not helped ourselves as poms have a reputation for going home after about two years. My boss in Melbourne was a pom and admitted that he immediately discards any CV's of people that have not been in the country for at three years, although accepts it is hypocritical of him. I got lucky as I started as a temp and they liked me, everyone gets that break at some stage it#s just a matter of how long. I hope you are not waiting too much longer.

As mentions by an earlier poster I found that once settled life was much the same. Both countries are safe and speak english (important to me as that is the only language I speak), and you have to work 40 odd hours a week in either to pay rent/mortgage/bills etc. Essentially the only thing better in Australia was the weather, and the difference between London and Melbourne was not significant enough to be worth living on the complete opposite side of the world, miles away not only from home but anywhere.

Edited by grahamffc

5 months in one city being Adelaide? Rather inexperienced and green to draw such a conclusion. You came and left in no time at all.

Doesn't really take an experienced person to come to the conclusion either. Ive lived in 3 cities in the UK man. Living is Living wherever you decide to live. How is living in Sydney or Melbourne or Perth or Brisbane any different really??

I spent 3 months in Adelaide btw.

Well after spending 5 months living in Australia this year on a working holiday visa Ive kinda come to the conclusion - same sh1t different place.

Its only after living there (and blowing £10k to £20k of savings and jacking a UK job) that people realise their life is no better. And they have the added disadvantage of having their old friends and family living thousands of miles away.

I've spent 8 years in Oz, and agree in part with this. But I'm so glad I had the opportunity to experience life here - and it really makes you appreciate all the great stuff in the UK. I have never sat down and costed my life in Oz - was always determined not to do this, as would have to factor in giving up a pretty secure job, finally salary pension etc. many tens of thousands worse off at a rough guess. But you can't put a price on the adventure!

5 months in one city being Adelaide? Rather inexperienced and green to draw such a conclusion. You came and left in no time at all.

You like a lot of ex pats seem to spend their time worrying about the decline of the uk, is that to try and justify your existence in a foreign land. I would have thought for all ex pats if you love Oz so much why spend your time on a forum defending your need to choose oz over the uk. Quite baffling to me.

Doesn't really take an experienced person to come to the conclusion either. Ive lived in 3 cities in the UK man. Living is Living wherever you decide to live. How is living in Sydney or Melbourne or Perth or Brisbane any different really??

I spent 3 months in Adelaide btw.

It's just that 5 months is no time at all. I was still finding my feet after 6 months. Its different just coming over to a country and casually working with no real view to settling in and staying permanently or havinga flying visit of 5 months. You would have barely scratched the surface in 5 months.

You like a lot of ex pats seem to spend their time worrying about the decline of the uk, is that to try and justify your existence in a foreign land. I would have thought for all ex pats if you love Oz so much why spend your time on a forum defending your need to choose oz over the uk. Quite baffling to me.

Don't start your crap / critisicms on me. I ain't worried either or trying to justify my existence in a foreign land and please detail to me where I was defending my need to choose Australia over the UK before shooting off on a tangent with no real substance.

In response to byrned:

That's a bit of a cheap shot.. If i didn't notice, this website is called Poms in Oz (i.e. for those in Oz to discuss living here or for those wishing to move wanting to find out info from others who have done the journey). That's what I do on here - I am returning the favour as I received lots of helpful info when I was looking to move.

What gets me are people who have moved back to the UK, clearly hating Oz and their experiences here (not a description of everyone who has moved back but some) and then stay active on this forum to try an justify their move back to the UK, including putting their negative experiences across. I would find another website if I ever found myself in that situation.

Edited by perthbound2013

Im not drawing a comparison between the two countries. Just stating that IMO Britain (mainly England) is getting worse for racism and racial tension brewing up. And 75 million all into Perth? WOW! There isn't even 75 million in the whole of the UK so I don't think putting 75 million in Perth would go down too well..Might be a bit cramped and end up like London :laugh:

Oooh....no quite as over populated as I thought then !.....ok 60 million + :yes:

Yeah, it was 2 years and 11 months ago to be exact and was kicked off after a black gangster wannabe was shot dead by the police. Mob mentality spread after the initial kick off! I was born in bred in the UK and Islamic extremist marches on the streets are relatively recent but ever increasing. As are the far right groups dressed in Stone Island gear and flat caps. A party such as UKIP would have been laughed out in bygone years but are now gaining popularity as the months go on. I don't care what the papers write. I am big enough and old enough to see what is happening and it is going to get worse.

Stop worrying mate and worry about the problems oz has got with muslim extremists in oz, I felt racial tensions over there as well, the UK as many countries have had demonstrations by far right..far left groups over the decades, you are not here so only get your news from the media that overblow everything like the recent schools in Birmingham being radicalized which have just been found to be rubbish, I travel to brum and london a lot and I never ever see any problems between races...stop worrying.

Sure the major hubs of the UK are in decline, but you want to try living in some of the smaller towns like Daventry or Wellingborough. Underfunded councils, minimal policing, mob mentality, racism round every corner, wall to wall chavs and pikeys.

Britain is getting worse by the day.

Really....crime has been falling over the last few decades, you hardly see chavs these days and the drinking culture has declined a lot.

The ONS said the reduction of crime measured was driven by a fall in offences - including household theft, which was down 25% and overall violence, which fell 22%.

Reports of vandalism fell 15% over the course of the year.

The figures also suggested there were 762,000 crimes experienced by children aged 10-15 in 2013 - down 13% compared with 2012.

BBC Home Affairs correspondent Danny Shaw said the fall in crime came as no surprise.

But he said the size of the reduction - the biggest since the survey began - was "unexpected".

Well after spending 5 months living in Australia this year on a working holiday visa Ive kinda come to the conclusion - same sh1t different place.

Its only after living there (and blowing £10k to £20k of savings and jacking a UK job) that people realise their life is no better. And they have the added disadvantage of having their old friends and family living thousands of miles away.

Spot on, oz has all the problems the UK has.

Spot on, many have to justify their move after a few mounts as they realize its not like the glossy programmes on TV but in reality is same shitte different country, I suppose ith gives some comfort to constanly look for any bad news about home to make them feel better about their move.

Spot on, many have to justify their move after a few mounts as they realize its not like the glossy programmes on TV but in reality is same shitte different country, I suppose ith gives some comfort to constanly look for any bad news about home to make them feel better about their move.

So... Why do you constantly look for bad news about Australia??

And why do you look for bad news about the UK...

I don't. I was involved in a discussion about rising racial tension in Britain. No more, no less. I have no agenda with my homeland.

I just find it rather amusing and hypocritical that you choose to have a pop at people who apparently post negative stories about the UK, especially given your posting history and reputation.

I don't. I was involved in a discussion about rising racial tension in Britain. No more, no less. I have no agenda with my homeland.

I just find it rather amusing and hypocritical that you choose to have a pop at people who apparently post negative stories about the UK, especially given your posting history and reputation.

Because its same shite different country, oz has many problems of its own with racial tension, it just makes me smile that you only comment on problems in the UK and not on your doorstep, the man in the street does not feel any racial tension over here and I certainly have never ever heard it discussed when I am working in the pub or out with my mates, every country has problems this day and age and the UK is no better or worse than most countries including Oz, as I say you need to stop worrying as the UK will get along fine without you..:cute:

Stop worrying mate and worry about the problems oz has got with muslim extremists in oz, I felt racial tensions over there as well, the UK as many countries have had demonstrations by far right..far left groups over the decades, you are not here so only get your news from the media that overblow everything like the recent schools in Birmingham being radicalized which have just been found to be rubbish, I travel to brum and london a lot and I never ever see any problems between races...stop worrying.

When do you travel to London then pb, i have never seen a post from you where you have been there?

The riots a couple of years ago that had a racial undertone to them. The EDL type groups are ever increasing and you have that mob in the flatcaps protesting now (Britain First). Islamic marches are relatively recent and ever increasing on UK streets also. UKIP are gaining popularity at an increasing pace as polls prove. You have your head in the sand or are in denial to suit your own agenda if you think there isn't a simmering of racial tension brewing up in Britain.

Don't see racial tension as simmering in Britain at all. Still only between 12 and 13% born abroad. Who can say what the situation will be like in Australia in coming years? London, one of the most mixed cities on earth remains one of the most tolerant.