Are you 'comfortable' with Australia's handling of Tamil asylum seekers at sea?

Harpodom

Do you agree with Australia's handling of the 2 Tamil asylum seeker boats?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Australia's handling of the 2 Tamil asylum seeker boats?

• Yes I agree
    • No I disagree
    • I couldn't care less

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Visa overstayers should be shipped off to Manus Island too until they have their claims sorted. Could take years. That's fair.

I'm currently waiting for my Resident Return Visa to be processed whilst I'm on holiday in Blighty. I could be in for another less 'fun' holiday upon my return to Aus if you have your way!

Endless, where have you been ?

I've been worried sick about you.

I've been on the run from the Australian Intelligence (no, don't laugh) Services for 'Thought Crime' and 'unAustralian activities' Parley. Y'know, 'liking' articles critical of the government on Facebook, criticising it's policy of locking up innocent, traumatised children, and asking questions about why Tamils seeking asylum are being sent back to a country which the international community regards as unsafe. That sort of thing. I'm sure Scott Morriscum and Tony Abbot regards the likes of me as the enemy within. :wink:

Guest Guest 47403
I've been on the run from the Australian Intelligence (no, don't laugh) Services for 'Thought Crime' and 'unAustralian activities' Parley. Y'know, 'liking' articles critical of the government on Facebook, criticising it's policy of locking up innocent, traumatised children, and asking questions about why Tamils seeking asylum are being sent back to a country which the international community regards as unsafe. That sort of thing. I'm sure Scott Morriscum and Tony Abbot regards the likes of me as the enemy within. :wink:

Somebody is going to get told off for there spelling soon..............................I can sense it.

I do know the subject I refer to and not from radio red neck phone in's but experience and association within the area.

Not sure how radio phone in's come in to it, however it would appear from your self assessment that you may even be over qualified as before you stated that your experience gave you the right to pass judgment, now you have association too!, a little like a man that because he can excavate a hole with a spade then he believes he can then operate a 200 tonne hydraulic excavator in the mines.

But I was always of the belief that judges had to take all relevant matters into consideration and then pass judgment accordingly, regardless of their own beliefs or leanings?

Not sure how radio phone in's come in to it, however it would appear from your self assessment that you may even be over qualified as before you stated that your experience gave you the right to pass judgment, now you have association too!, a little like a man that because he can excavate a hole with a spade then he believes he can then operate a 200 tonne hydraulic excavator in the mines.

But I was always of the belief that judges had to take all relevant matters into consideration and then pass judgment accordingly, regardless of their own beliefs or leanings?

Just knows what I knows I leave it at that. I agree ignorance should most likely be criminal. Especially when that ignorance is used to pass judgement on others.

His name is George Newhouse (I think).

He was exposed this morning as a former Labor candidate, so a political agenda is part of it I believe.

Exposed ? Thought ALP was as almost as inept as Lib's at partaking in legally binding agreements the nation had signed up to. I suppose it shows there are some folk of character around.

Thunderbolts in heaven. Good to see you have come to the accord, that ignorance is no mitigation to send the potentially tortured back to their torturers.

I hear the torturers "as you call them have refused to have them back anyway. Maybe they'll get sent back to India where they left from?

Thunderbolts in heaven. Good to see you have come to the accord, that ignorance is no mitigation to send the potentially tortured back to their torturers.

I was not talking about my ignorance, but I think you knew that any way! especially as I see you have now changed your tune to say potentially tortured, coming around to my way of seeing things, might get you seeing that there are at least two sides to every story, yours, mine and a 3rd being the truth (which always comes out eventually).

I was not talking about my ignorance, but I think you knew that any way! especially as I see you have now changed your tune to say potentially tortured, coming around to my way of seeing things, might get you seeing that there are at least two sides to every story, yours, mine and a 3rd being the truth (which always comes out eventually).

What, like the 'truth' behind the Manus island 'riots'?

I'm talking the Scott Morrison version of the truth

What, like the 'truth' behind the Manus island 'riots'?

I'm talking the Scott Morrison version of the truth

I simply mean the truth, plain and simple, so do not try and twist it, as it the becomes a your version again. Scott Morrison's version is at present just a mine or yours!

Good to see our esteemed PM showing zero humanity. I should never expect anything else from this reptilian creature but his every utterance makes my skin crawl

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/07/09/05/38/christmas-island-suicide-attempts-report#T6z2SRW5Z0obWv5R.99

Mr Abbott insists his government won't capitulate to what he described as "moral blackmail".

"No Australian government should be subjected to the spectacle of people saying `Unless you accept us, I am going to commit self harm'," he said.

Good to see our esteemed PM showing zero humanity. I should never expect anything else from this reptilian creature but his every utterance makes my skin crawl

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/07/09/05/38/christmas-island-suicide-attempts-report#T6z2SRW5Z0obWv5R.99

Mr Abbott insists his government won't capitulate to what he described as "moral blackmail".

"No Australian government should be subjected to the spectacle of people saying `Unless you accept us, I am going to commit self harm'," he said.

I think he's spot on actually.

Do you really expect any PM to cave and make policy on the run when an asylum seeker threatens self harm.

What do you think the end result might be ?

I expect him to show some statesmanship for once in his life. To show that he views these women as fellow members of the human race.

It's not much to ask, for a normal person

Archived