The Harpos are heading back to blighty next week

Harpodom

Any tips?

Any do's & don'ts?

Do we each need to bring our Korans with us?

Has anything changed that we need to know about?

Will Nigel Farage be at the border checking that we're white anglo saxons before allowing us in?

What's the goss? Are Ant & Dec still alive? If so, why?

I hear there is some sort of footy comp going on in June that might rival the mighty AFL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha nothing will have changed, everyone you know will be doing the same old and everything will be the same although things will be noticabley unkempt and dirty from what you are used to but you will see there are lots of things happening around you rather than the wasteland that is Oz :-)

Actually not that long, it was Oct 2012. We try and go back every 2 years but by Christ it's expensive!

We are paying $1174 return with Malaysian Air, leaving on the 10th of June to Dublin, and returning on the 5th of July. Price would have been a lot more if we came back after that date, or if we flew into a UK airport. Even taking ferry fares from Dublin to Holyhead into consideration, it is far cheaper. Car hire is costing us $559 for a compact for 20 days.

Actually not that long, it was Oct 2012. We try and go back every 2 years but by Christ it's expensive!

Why?:wink:

Don't think you'll notice much difference in a couple of years Harpo. We went back last year, we were well under pressure to do it as it's only the second time we've been back and it was my nieces wedding. On ething I noticed was how the roads seemed a lot norrower than I remembered and how busy everywhere was. That was near Stockport though so I guess it depends where you are going. We had a couple of weeks with my Sister in Melton Mowbray. I've never seen that part of the UK and it was a lot nicer than round Stockport.:cool:

We are paying $1174 return with Malaysian Air, leaving on the 10th of June to Dublin, and returning on the 5th of July. Price would have been a lot more if we came back after that date, or if we flew into a UK airport. Even taking ferry fares from Dublin to Holyhead into consideration, it is far cheaper. Car hire is costing us $559 for a compact for 20 days.

That's cheap, is that return air fares each or both together?

Any tips?

Any do's & don'ts?

Do we each need to bring our Korans with us?

Has anything changed that we need to know about?

Will Nigel Farage be at the border checking that we're white anglo saxons before allowing us in?

What's the goss? Are Ant & Dec still alive? If so, why?

I hear there is some sort of footy comp going on in June that might rival the mighty AFL

All of the above may happen/ have happened...:laugh:...enjoy your trip

There have been some articles written about Malaysia Airlines heading for bankruptcy.

Even before MH370 they have been losing a lot of money and obviously worse since then.

Depends on your mindset I suppose whether you are happy to fly with them. There may be some risk or you may be getting a bargain.

There have been some articles written about Malaysia Airlines heading for bankruptcy.

Even before MH370 they have been losing a lot of money and obviously worse since then.

Depends on your mindset I suppose whether you are happy to fly with them. There may be some risk or you may be getting a bargain.

Er, excuse me Mr PC, but this is a thread about Britain, not MH370, thanks.

Just keep hooded up so no visible facial features on display, don't make eye contact, sort of shuffle with a tough guy swagger, hand always in pocket as if caressing a shooter and you main come out of the ordeal without blemish or worse to head or limb.

Do give reports on how folk over there manage in such dire circumstances. You never know may even be able to stumble across the odd moments of enjoyment.

That's cheap, is that return air fares each or both together?

Return fare per person. Price to fly into Dublin is far cheaper than flying into London or Manchester. Crazy thing is, is that the last time we flew a few weeks ago, we priced the fare from London, then Dublin departures, and it was much cheaper from Dublin, even though we caught the exact same flight as we would have if we had flown from London. The flight from Dublin was a code share with Malaysian. Had to change planes in both directions in London. If you are willing to sacrifice a little of your time, it is much cheaper.

We have flown Malaysian many times over the years, with no problems. We have always found the service excellent, the food excellent, and we will continue flying with them.

Do we each need to bring our Korans with us? :biglaugh:

No, but Scott Morrison might be doing that when you land back in Melbourne! :wink:

Do we each need to bring our Korans with us? :biglaugh:

No, but Scott Morrison might be doing that when you land back in Melbourne! :wink:

No he won't care as long as you are entering Australia legally.

No he won't care as long as you are entering Australia legally.

But what if Harpo and his family are seeking asylum from the horrors of the UK?

Archived