So when do you realise you've acclimatised!!

Phoenix16

OMG this weather in Perth is freaking me out!!!

Im wearing boots, coat and scarf somedays!! Then you get out and suddenly it's 23 degrees and your thinking whaaaat!! And then 2 mins later the heavens have opened!!

its making me think about June 2010 when we landed, I'm thinking 'woo hoo' summer time!! I really didn't realise it was winter!!! but the climate was mild, balmy 20 degrees days, I'm a POM I chucked my shorts on!! What a shock to walk round freo and see people in balaclavas!! I was totally she'll shocked, with hind sight I suspect they were too seeing me in shorts!! 3 weeks in I went to the hair dressers, she had a scarve on, I was like ' it's soo lovely I could sun bathe on the beach' she informed me promptly that I would 'stand out like a sore POM' I did spend most of that winter in shorts!!!

NOW, it's 4 years later and I could grab that balaclava in freo, to go with my boots, my coat my scarf..blooming heck it's cold, so does that mean I've finally acclimatised!!!!!!

When your family come over from the UK and you're in your jeans and jumpers and they are sunbathing next to your pool in their swimmers !:cool:

ha ha!, you've really made me chuckle because it's ohh soo true!!! And I bet they actually do get in the pool too!! 4 years ago so did I but OMG not on my life now!!!!

I've been here 10 months and am fully acclimatised.

On Facebook, I saw someone in the UK post that they were off to Spain and they were delighted because it was 22 degrees.

That's socks, boots and jeans weather for me now :wink:

Edited by Kapri