Singapore Airlines

Moobobs

Nothing but. Plus 30KG luggage limit too. Standard meals are very good in comparison to BA/Virgin etc, but there's a zillion food options if you want a different kind of meal, all bookable on their site in your planned trip section. Staff are very good, entertainment system on the planes is one of the best i've come across so far, and the A380 is a winner for comfort and space.

Thanks londongal! We're travelling with a 3 year old so good news about the entertainment! I'm sure I read somewhere about them having wifi too. They were quite a lot cheaper than the other airlines so wondered if they were as good but they sound better so I'm happy now - phew! X

Agree, great airline.

FWIW if you want to read about the plus points of flying with them and having a changeover or a few hours on the ground at Changi airport just bung the airline into the search feature.

We love taking a dip in the rooftop pool at the airport and chilling between legs on the flight.

Guest Dave53

I'm a fairly frequent long haul flyer , and I have to agree with all the commendations here re Singapore Airlines .. I would choose them any day over Emirates , which got few thumbs up here ..

Dave C

We flew out for our validation trip earlier this month with Malaysian and were impressed but no footrest, sounds a tiny thing but I have a bad back and found it really made a difference - been trying to find out which airlines do have footrests - anyone know about Singapore? For our searching only Quantas seem to.

thanks!

We flew out for our validation trip earlier this month with Malaysian and were impressed but no footrest, sounds a tiny thing but I have a bad back and found it really made a difference - been trying to find out which airlines do have footrests - anyone know about Singapore? For our searching only Quantas seem to.

thanks!

Our flights with them did. Pretty much every long haul flight I've been on has had them.

Great, travelled with them last year and only bad thing was a flight got cancelled which meant we had a 9hr stopover in Singapore. We complained to the travel agent and Singapore airlines got us a room in the airport hotel and we had a nice swim in the pool on the roof, couple of drinks from the poolside bar, nice snooze. Went to the flight from Singapore to Manchester feeling very refreshed.

Great, travelled with them last year and only bad thing was a flight got cancelled which meant we had a 9hr stopover in Singapore. We complained to the travel agent and Singapore airlines got us a room in the airport hotel and we had a nice swim in the pool on the roof, couple of drinks from the poolside bar, nice snooze. Went to the flight from Singapore to Manchester feeling very refreshed.

We flew with Singapore airlines last year...the A380 was amazing...and the ladies on board couldn't do enough...my youngest son (who is 7) was sick on the plane before we took off so he didn't want to eat...the stewardess was really worried about him...she kept coming over to check he was ok...and because he didn't want to eat anything she brought him a lunchbox filled with crackers cheese cutlery water to take with us for our journey home...saying she wasn't sure how long it would take us to drive home and she was worried he would be hungry (she also gave us a second one for my other son)...we were so thankful as he was hungry 5 mins after leaving heathrow lol the whole experience was amazing and would definitely fly with them every time :)) I cannot praise them enough...

Agree, great airline.

FWIW if you want to read about the plus points of flying with them and having a changeover or a few hours on the ground at Changi airport just bung the airline into the search feature.

We love taking a dip in the rooftop pool at the airport and chilling between legs on the flight.

Next time, i'm gonna book the longer stopover option (by an hour or 2) and take the skytrain to T1 to do just that.

If anyone hasn't realised, there's an amazing place upstairs at T3 - Transit area where you can pay for a shower, massage, place to sleep etc - I find a shower makes ALL the difference after a 13 hour flight, makes you feel human again before the next leg.

Archived