We moved back 4 years ago

carrotcruncher

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get any snow here last year :-S found the weather to be pleasant the last year with a record warm summer according. However enjoy your trip back to Perth and hopefully the reasons you left last time are solved. You heading back over soon? I would love to be in Perth :-)

Don't blame you for wanting to comeback. I cant believe its Autumn and I am still surfing as the days are shorter but still amazingly warm. I will only return to the UK for a holiday or to remind myself how crap it is. This is my home and loving it

Deteriorating NHS, rising prices, I know prices in OZ are high, but you don't have heating costs, also the ridiculous class system especially here in the SW. In my 34 years in OZ I was never made to feel any different to anyone else.

It might not have the same class system as UK, but I think it has something. I am in a pretty senior job and so I tend to work and mix with other senior people. I am telling you they boast and brag about the schools they send their kids too, it would be deeply shameful to use a public school, they are also very, very suburb conscious and I have even heard conversations bragging about their investment portfolios, wanted the ground to open up and swallow me first time I came across that. Class no. Brash, yes can be at times.

But as someone going through a deliberation between two countries that I love, I envy your clear thinking about where you want to be. Good luck with the move back.

:cry: Big big big mistake. Can't wait to get back to the sun. Record snow falls, record low temperatures, record rain fall, record winds......UK weather ERRRRRR!

I will kiss the tarmac at Perth airport when we arrive.:biggrin:

why did you jump ship back to the uk..? What did you expect.. Hot weather..??

Guest guest30085

If you are able to, then go wherever makes you happy carrot cruncher (love the name by the way). Best wishes for your move back :)

Guest The Pom Queen

I guess you have the visa to get back, which is great news. I worry about those who return home without citizenship just in case they decide it wasn't the right move.

We have heating costs in Canberra :wink:

And Adelaide. Gets really really cold here in Winter, believe it or not. We've been having some lovely mild days, but you can tell Winter's on its way come sunset. My electric blanket is on right now (it's 12.05am as I type). It's lovely here though.

Edited by barbaitch