Feeling fed up in perth..?

paul1977

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't read the blog as it's of no interest to me as someone heading towards Australia but I'm guessing it gives a good battering of Perth considering the appreciation shown by those that have commented on this thread so far.

But don't you find people that write blogs (any blogs not just slagging Oz) a bit needy, a bit look at me?

not at all, find people who write blogs seem quite intelligent

Guest The Pom Queen
More like penguins very poor cousins!

P.S. I lurk every now and again.

Missed you, lovely to see you here

If someone doesn't like it....they will use any excuse to head back.

my mums hairdresser lived here for approx a year if that...

had a rental near where we are....jeepeers the stories she has told her....

no way could they have been true.

she couldn't hack it, but felt the need to engage horror stories of spiders climbing out of every crevice, children having to dodge snakes etc etc

So many untruths its unreal

she couldn't hack it, but felt the need to engage horror stories of spiders climbing out of every crevice, children having to dodge snakes etc etc

I reckon that some people "Made up their minds" even before they have unpacked the boxes, you have to give it at least 2 years and you have to make an effort. It's strange how so many people expect the perfect life after emigrating.

I reckon that some people "Made up their minds" even before they have unpacked the boxes, you have to give it at least 2 years and you have to make an effort. It's strange how so many people expect the perfect life after emigrating.

How do you know that...?

Really..!!! Every thought people may prefer living in the uk..??? Realisation doesnt live up to expectation

Absolutely identify with a lot of what she said. A couple of things reminded my of a time last year when I was getting back into my car after paying for my petrol (looking forward to the ultra high-tech convenience of Pay-at-pump when we get home) and saw a charming barefoot (obviously) young man getting out of his car with the plate "PANTYDROPPA". Now that is class!

Seems people who fail to integrate love to blame the country rather than their own approach

It also seems that people who enjoy living in Australia always say that those who leave have failed to integrate (or failed in some other way). Some people like living in Australia and others don't. Simple as that, it's not a matter of success or failure. It just seems that a lot of the time people who like it have the same opinions as each other and vice versa.

Absolutely identify with a lot of what she said. A couple of things reminded my of a time last year when I was getting back into my car after paying for my petrol (looking forward to the ultra high-tech convenience of Pay-at-pump when we get home) and saw a charming barefoot (obviously) young man getting out of his car with the plate "PANTYDROPPA". Now that is class!

Haha, I've seen that car too...

at first I was a bit bemused, I've worked at a licensing centre here, and every private plate applied for has to go before a board before it can be passed.

then I just laughed

Guest Guest 47403

You say that as if that type of thing is unique to Perth and a reason for not liking it, there's a car I see near me with a sticker saying 'good boys go to heaven , bad boys go to Amsterdam' and a silhouette of a couple bonking..................so what!

Haha, I've seen that car too...

at first I was a bit bemused, I've worked at a licensing centre here, and every private plate applied for has to go before a board before it can be passed.

then I just laughed

And there is the difference in mindset I suppose.

Like al things there are a wide range of sensations. My relative returned after thirty years. Nothing bad to say just decided it was the right time to return to her roots.

Surely Perth isn't that bad?? And the winters, I expect them to be colder but the way she describes it, sounds awful :-(

It can feel awful...

Perth yesterday was a nice 23-25 degrees during the day, but come evening, I was sat on the couch watching tv with a blanket and a hot water bottle, and it's not even winter yet!

And until 10 years ago I lived in the north east of Scotland so I do know what a cold winter is lol

It can feel awful...

Perth yesterday was a nice 23-25 degrees during the day, but come evening, I was sat on the couch watching tv with a blanket and a hot water bottle, and it's not even winter yet!

And until 10 years ago I lived in the north east of Scotland so I do know what a cold winter is lol

Is that because you've acclimatised ? Yesterday it got down to 16c at 4 in the morning. In Scotland wouldn't that be summer temps?

Is that because you've acclimatised ? Yesterday it got down to 16c at 4 in the morning. In Scotland wouldn't that be summer temps?

That would be a glorious day in Scotland :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not 'Bashing' either country, merely pointing out that yes, some people do feel that the cold weather here is awful! I detested the cold while living in Scotland too. I suffer from Raynauds Disease and the last couple of evenings my hands have been suffering already :(

Archived