contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Guest Scardycat
OOOpppsss

Sorry I am in Manchester....

" Worried in Milton Keynes" was a pun and oft quoted in Agony Aunt spoof on TV!

L.L.

Ooooppps, sorry, have never heard that one before, heard of sleepless in Seattle:biglaugh:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest OldiesRUs

I posted our passports off on Thursday of last week and they came back yesterday morning.

Assuming you sent them special delivery and included a special delivery return envelope, I think you need to get tracking.

Jean:wubclub:

Hi LL

Did you send the silver pouch for the document return? If yes, did you put enough postage on it? If yes, did you keep a note of the tracking number for the silver pouch? If yes, try the Royal Mail website.

I sent Mum's passport on the Monday, by ordinary Special Delivery to reach London by lunchtime on Tuesday. Her passport came back at 8am on Friday the same week.

Once the visa is granted, the CO has to send data to London, via Canberra. The data transfer takes 48 hours. Mum's CO said that it sometimes goes wrong, in which case the CO in Perth has to re-send the data.

dima_visa_evid - Australian High Commission

If you have done everything correctly with the Special Delivery, I would start chasing both London and Perth tomorrow unless the passports are back bright & early.

dima_contact - Australian High Commission

parents@immi.gov.au if you do not know your CO's name. jane.smith@immi.gov.au if you do know her name.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

Yes we used the silver pouch and tracked it to OZzzi House recieved - canot track it back though.

OH flapping in case she put the wrong postcode etc,. I think it is just taking its natural course and as they say 7 - 10 days.... there is still time.

Our flap was / is based on a post which indicated a turn around by post of 4 days!

Suppose it luck of the draw.

Booked flights out 28/10/08 - anybody holding back on flights...DONT...check now coz you'll need a second mortage soon!

There are a couple of other issues involed !

Gil, will email or pm you later.

As for " The kettle, iron and ironing board! I won ! and it will cost "them" £400 more!

And all shall be revealed later.......

L.L.

Bit of an anti climax........ ITS ARRIVED SAFE!

I remember what it was like now, as a kid knowing Father Christmas was coming...

A GREAT feeling ....

Gill, you are a star..... thanks for all your help and time given to help me and countless others.

L.L.

Good on ya LL!

Cheers mate,

The end ( nearly) of a long road that started in 1949 with a £10 pom uncle !!!

Original plan was to land at Perth, have a few days resting inth esun..then fly to Adelaide for sae,,,then drive the Great Ocean road again ( he wrote with smug smile) ...then changed it because no flights bailable in out time span...to Brissy and drive down ro Sydney.... ( we did it in reverse 2 years ago just catch Steveo in action )

Again flights were a problem and OH mad keen to get to her "little girl".

So Plan 99 is direct to Sydney and take an holiday next year driving up to Cairns !

So we dont do not get to test your barbie! least not for a few months!!

Thanks again to all PIO 's little helpers who are invaluable.

L.L.

Guest OldiesRUs

Good news LL. Didn't realise you would be going as quickly as this month! We won't be leaving until February - whether it is on a one way ticket or return depends on selling the house. So you will be all settled and have the barbie lit by the time we arrive!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi LL

Thank goodness your passports have come back safe & sound. My nerves would ahev been in shreds if they had not come back today, wondering who had pinched them and your identity with them etc!

Plan 99 sounds like much the best plan. Let's get you straight to the right place so that your family can make sure they don't lose you wandering round Oz somewhere!!

Microchipping or electronic tagging springs to mind with all these nomadic intentions of yours...... :wacko:

Cheers

Gill

Guest iclark955

My wife and I have just applied for a contributory parent visa. The application has just arrived at the Perth office.

Any ideas as to the normal time it takes to process the applications and how long we will have to wait before getting an aknowledgement.

Thanks in anticipation.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello iclark955

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

At present the POPC are taking around 6 weeks to acknowledge receipt of CPV applications.

Some friends of mine submitted theirs recently but did not send Forms 80 with the main application (the Checklist doesn't ask for Form 80.) The chap who sent the acknowledgement letter sent the link for Form 80 asking the Parents to complete one each and to send them to him as soon as they conveniently could:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

Also, the POPC have - in the last 24 hours - produced a fact/information sheet about CPV processing, which is here:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Please keep in touch and keep us posted with your progress. We have lots of other recent CPV applicant members and/or their children, plus yet more preparing applications or just waiting till they can apply.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest iclark955
Hello iclark955

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

At present the POPC are taking around 6 weeks to acknowledge receipt of CPV applications.

Some friends of mine submitted theirs recently but did not send Forms 80 with the main application (the Checklist doesn't ask for Form 80.) The chap who sent the acknowledgement letter sent the link for Form 80 asking the Parents to complete one each and to send them to him as soon as they conveniently could:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

Also, the POPC have - in the last 24 hours - produced a fast/information sheet about CPV processing, which is here:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Please keep in touch and keep us posted with your progress. We have lots of other recent CPV applicant members and/or their children, plus yet more preparing applications or just waiting till they can apply.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks for the prompt reply Gillf.

I find it strange that another form is required. I completed form 47PA which seems to include all of the information in the Form 80 you mentioned. I agree the checklist doesn't mention another form. We spent a long time checking and double checking everything was accurate. I suppose we will just have to wait for the aknowledge letter to see what they say. We are not allowed to contact them are we?

Ian

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ian

Sure you can contact the POPC. They are very helpful when you do, too. Just send an e-mail to parents@immi.gov.au (they prefer people to use their old e-mail address instead of the new on-line enquiry form.) Or give them a ring on the number below, as you prefer:

Perth Offshore Parents Centre

The Manager of the POPC is a very nice man who has deliberately decided on an "open door" policy for the POPC. Many of the Parents are elderly and so forth. He cannot be too regimental about how he runs the POPC, irrespective of how other departments might treat young, skilled applicants. Phoning the POPC seems like a breath of fresh air because the staff act as if they have all the time in the world, are delighted to hear from you etc. All of them are super to deal with, regardless of which one answers the phone.

Form 80 is THE most irritating document on the planet because it repeats so many of the questions that one has already answered in Form 47PA. That's Bureaucracy for you, I guess! It is part of the Character assessment process:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/index.htm

However they do not want your Police checks yet. The Police checks and the meds only have a shelf-life of 12 months each and if they expire you would just have to do them again, so the POPC's new info sheet specifically advises against frontloading the meds and pccs (ie getting them done before being asked for them.) It is a waste of your money to frontload them, plus a waste of DIAC's time to receive them. It used to be necessary to do them both before the application could be placed in the Queue but they changed that in mid-July 2008, as described in the info sheet and also described here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/news/health-character-requirements.htm

I can see the sense of asking for Form 80 promptly, which seems to be the POPC's new practice. It gets Form 80 out of the way early on so that there is one less thing for the CO to organise and wait for once the final processing begins. I suspect that Form 80 will be included as an up-front requirement next time the application checklist for CPVs is revised. Applicants for skilled visas have been required to produce Form 80 up front for some time now and the checklists for the skilled visas all say so.

It is monumentally irritating to be asked for yet another form when you have just completed a form-filling marathon anyway, plus if you had known about Form 80 it would have been easier to do your Forms 80 (one each, please) at the same time as doing the rest, but the POPC are gradually streamlining their procedures which, ultimately, will benefit both the POPC staff and the applicants.

Best wishes

Gill

PS: The only thing I would say in your own case is that if your application has only just reached the POPC, it won't have been processed into "the system" as yet. They would probably ask you to prepare Forms 80 but to hang on to them until you get the acknowledgement letter, so that you can write the file reference number onto the Forms 80 before sending them off. That will make it easier to ensure that they are united with the file once they reach the POPC.

A friend of mine is cursing at the moment. With her own parents, she is the Sponsor so they decided that Parents (in the UK) would complete everything and send it to the daughter, who would add Form 40 and her own supporting documents, check the entire bundle again for completeness and then send it to the POPC. She used AusPost to send it rather than a document courier, though she did use some sort of AusPost Recorded Delivery.

AusPost seem to have lost the package. They cannot confirm delivery of it, they cannot confirm where it is if it is not with the POPC and AusPost simply say they have no idea what has happened to the application. It was sent a fortnight ago, I am told. So the daughter phoned the POPC to ask whether they have it. They told her that they won't be able to confirm that one way or the other until about 6 weeks after they should have received it, to allow time for the application to be processed into the system. So she is in limbo, not knowing whether to get her parents to prepare another bundle or not when they are hoping to beat the fees increase which will be implemented on Monday 27th October. Difficult choice, that one.

Then again, the Parents who told me that their ack letter had requested Form 80 duly prepared and sent the Forms 80 to their daughter in Sydney. Karen in Sydney sent the forms to the POPC, again using AusPost. Several weeks later, Karen found a card on her mat from AusPost saying that they had been unable to deliver the package because the recipients had allegedly refused to accept it. (????) The package was at the sorting office since AusPost had been unable to deliver it back to Karen either, so the card said.

Karen went to the sorting office to collect it. No package. Nobody understood why it was not there. So Karen phoned the POPC, intent on explaining what had gone wrong and to tell them that she would ask her Parents to complete new Forms 80 and would send the new ones as soon as she could. The chap who took Karen's call told her, "Well, I can't speak for AusPost but the Forms 80 are here. They have been received safely, scanned into the system and I am reading them on the screen as we speak. They are definitely the Forms 80 for your Parents. There is no mix-up at our end."

Guest june coates

hi all

i am feeling soooo nervous.i am off to bali tommorrow to have cpv granted.just hope nothing goes wrong.hopefully i will be back in oz on 10th oct with that long waited for stamp in my passport.wish me luck

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi June

Have no fears! It will be a breeze and you will have a great holiday as well.

Have a really, really good trip, and please give us a shout once you are back.

Hugz

Gill

xx

Guest iclark955

Thanks for the additional information Gill. I will get the Form 80 ready to send to them when we get the aknowledgement.

My wife and I have just applied for a contributory parent visa. The application has just arrived at the Perth office.

Any ideas as to the normal time it takes to process the applications and how long we will have to wait before getting an aknowledgement.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,

It may be easier for you to read posts on this thread.

Gollywobbler ( Gill) has a raft of accurate information and recently there has been lots of posts with regard the latest situation for CPV applicants and process time.

Links to Go Matilda and Reports from Alan Collet ( a certified Migration Agent - and damn fine chap) will keep also help to keep you aware of latest situation.

Quickly, it WAS about 9 month from acknowledgment of an application to being allocated a case Officer, process time WAS about 6 months.

Its likely the 2008/2009 allocation is already over subscribed and a queue system will be in place soon.

Take into account that medicals and police checks have a 12 month life and the old practice of "frontloading" may not be a good option in future.

Take to reading the posts to keep updated.

In the time you have to wait...you will pick up lots of friends and information on the forum.

As an example, we started our application 25th May 2007. Passports with visa stickers arrived back from Aussie House Yesterday ..and is checked every hour !!

Best Wishes

L. L.

Good news LL. Didn't realise you would be going as quickly as this month! We won't be leaving until February - whether it is on a one way ticket or return depends on selling the house. So you will be all settled and have the barbie lit by the time we arrive!

Hi All,

My face and jaw are very sore - seems I have been walking around with a smile welded on my face since getting the passports back.

Very disappointed, The Royal Mail had them delivered by our regular posty - and it was pouring down. I had expected a limo bringing them complete with a whole troop of the Royal Marines band, belting out Advance Australia Fair.!

No worries about the house... after our recent win on the Lottery, our priority was to get to Sydney ASAP.

The food court facing Circular Quay is brilliant and our £10 will be well spent.

Tell you about the house, the kettle etc,. later............

Now as an aside, daughter now has a young dog - one of those Viet namese things with a face like a soggy bean bag! A friend also took in its "brother" from the rescue centre.

When told we would be in Sydney on the 30th..... we were asked if we would be jet lagged and need a few days to recover.

"No, we should be OK..no need to worry about us...we'll be fine."

"Good cos, **** is leaving the dog with us for a month..so you will have both of them to walk while we are at work!" AND any chance you can sort the grass out...and can you check the fence for painting..... but there's no rush!

Dont yer just love the kidz to bits!

L.L.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi Ian, welcome to PIO! My parents got their CPV in the current batch! You mightve spoke with Mum on here......CazBEckham!

Good Luck, we are all here to help so ask us anything. If we dont know the answer, we`ll find it out!

Hi All,

My face and jaw are very sore - seems I have been walking around with a smile welded on my face since getting the passports back.

Very disappointed, The Royal Mail had them delivered by our regular posty - and it was pouring down. I had expected a limo bringing them complete with a whole troop of the Royal Marines band, belting out Advance Australia Fair.!

No worries about the house... after our recent win on the Lottery, our priority was to get to Sydney ASAP.

The food court facing Circular Quay is brilliant and our £10 will be well spent.

Tell you about the house, the kettle etc,. later............

Now as an aside, daughter now has a young dog - one of those Viet namese things with a face like a soggy bean bag! A friend also took in its "brother" from the rescue centre.

When told we would be in Sydney on the 30th..... we were asked if we would be jet lagged and need a few days to recover.

"No, we should be OK..no need to worry about us...we'll be fine."

"Good cos, **** is leaving the dog with us for a month..so you will have both of them to walk while we are at work!" AND any chance you can sort the grass out...and can you check the fence for painting..... but there's no rush!

Dont yer just love the kidz to bits!

L.L.

Hi LL,

Glad you got your Visa back and all OK, now you know why our kids want us over in Aus quicker the better,

When I was over last April our Daughter told me " not to be coming to Aus just to be near them etc we have to do it for ourselves and make a new life etc etc " which I assured her we were I wasn't coming over to take over their lives etc etc but also not to be a babysitter that I wanted to make a life for us and friends our age.

Once we got our Visa and phoned to tell her she was so excited and we told her we would be out Nov to activate as not sure how the house sale is going to go her words were," I hope it sells and you can be over by Jan as Jason & I have a wedding in Sydney and it would be great if you could have Callum for us" need I say anymore who needs who but I wouldn't have it any different, there is also a list of jobs for John to do so he wont have time to work.

The joy of parenthood

Hope everyone is well I still can't post Threads or send pesonal messages hence no one hears much from me these days still can't figure out the problem.

Regards to all

Evelyn x

Your Mum can go with you to Oz, travelling on a tourist visa that will give her a stay of 12 unbroken months in Oz if you ask for that.

When her CPV is ready to be granted Mum will just need to nip to Auckland, Fiji, Singapore or Bali for a week - wherever is closest - so that her CPV can be granted whilst she is outside Australia. The visa label can be put in to her passport in any of the places I have mentioned (there is in-person counter service in all of them.) Then she can go straight back to Oz using her new CP visa.

If CPV processing becomes protracted meaning that one 12 month tourist visa is't enough, a quick nip to any of the places above will get Mum another tourist visa for another 12 months on the spot.

Hi Gill

So to clarify........we can go and take our parents with us and they stay on a 12 month tourist visa....we apply after 12 months for their CPV and they go to Bali for a week......they come back in to oz and stay for another 12 months......and if the CPV has not been granted by then they can to to Bali again?

JOHN

Hi LL,

Glad you got your Visa back and all OK, now you know why our kids want us over in Aus quicker the better,

When I was over last April our Daughter told me " not to be coming to Aus just to be near them etc we have to do it for ourselves and make a new life etc etc " which I assured her we were I wasn't coming over to take over their lives etc etc but also not to be a babysitter that I wanted to make a life for us and friends our age.

Once we got our Visa and phoned to tell her she was so excited and we told her we would be out Nov to activate as not sure how the house sale is going to go her words were," I hope it sells and you can be over by Jan as Jason & I have a wedding in Sydney and it would be great if you could have Callum for us" need I say anymore who needs who but I wouldn't have it any different, there is also a list of jobs for John to do so he wont have time to work.

The joy of parenthood

Hope everyone is well I still can't post Threads or send pesonal messages hence no one hears much from me these days still can't figure out the problem.

Regards to all

Evelyn x

Hi,

Agreed, our daughter gave us all this...do you own thing, you do not need to be near us, if you like Perth, go there its OK....... we can fly out ...maybe!

In truth I think just being in the same country- even 4000 miles apart is better than the current 11000 mile gap!

Todays, little snippets from the web cam.... er mum, will you be going to M & S before you come over.... ( yes) Ok can you get me some knickers!

Future SIL...Oh and can you get me 10 pairs of socks.

After discussions about their trip back to see Sil 's gran. We got, - DO NOT throw your mobile out.... before you come out can you put some time on the mobile so we can use it as soon as we land!

The 28th is galloping up on us, had another two shipping agents in and it looks like we will save at least £500 on the original quote we had.

I reckon we should start a new thread.. "Ex CPV in Oz" coz everybody seems to disapear when they lan din OZ.

We intent having an "holiday" trip back up to Brissy and Stevo's Aussie Zoo, so the beers on you!

L.L.

Guest gliddon

We finally ditched our agent! It's a bit scary to be on our own, but overall the feeling is relief. We do now have a CO at last, and have been asked for AOS. Bad news is we've also been asked for meds, which were done back in July, and police certificates which were supposedly sent to Perth in August, so we're hoping nothing's gone missing. We've also been asked for Form 1221, which seems to want all the same information all over again for a THIRD time. Don't you just love government departments, bless their little cotton socks! Still, compared with the agent, POPC's response time is brilliant. Wish we'd had the confidence to take Gollywobbler's advice sooner, but thanks anyway, Gill - we got there in the end.

Archived