contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Guest gliddon

Just been looking on british expats forum. There are two posts on there from people who now have case officers; one was acknowledged on August 16th 2007 and one on 21st August. We were acknowledged August 7th and have heard nothing - should we be panicking?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest missymon

Cathy do you also know what happens with our state pensions when we are in australia I have read that it is not indexed linked so it never rises.

Regards

Maria

Gill has adv

Hi Maria,

I rang Pensions office in Newcastle recently and they informed me that whatever state pension you are entitled to when you leave UK, that is the amount you get for life in Oz. No indexed linked.

Regards

Monica

Guest Where'sTheWind
Hi Jean

just to let you know' date=' since your timeline is almost identical to mum and dad's, that they got their request for the 2nd VAC yesterday, so hopefully yours should be just around the corner. Mind you, theirs did come in response to a an email they sent to their CO requesting an update on progress, so firing off a quick email to your CO might help move things along a bit.

For the record they got their CO allocated 12 June and the AoS bond was posted around the first week of July.

good luck

rick[/quote']

Hi all

Just a quick update on Mum and Dad's timeline - all's done and dusted and they've had their visas stamped in their passports. Final timeline is as follows :

App Ack. 02 Aug 2007

Co allocated 12 June 2008

AoS Bond posted 7 Jul 2008

2nd Vac request 20 Aug 2008

Visa grant letter 3 Sep 2008

Passports received back with visas 6 Sep 2008

So things are still moving along - this last bit went fairly quickly I reckon, not sure why other people's applications seem to be getting stuck at this point. Hopefully things will start moving again soon.

Hi all

Just a quick update on Mum and Dad's timeline - all's done and dusted and they've had their visas stamped in their passports. Final timeline is as follows :

App Ack. 02 Aug 2007

Hi,

POPC does move in mysterious ways....

App Ack 25/05/07

CO allocated 6/3/08

Aos Bond Posted 21/7/08

Still waiting!!!

Emailed CO - back after 2 weeks vacation...who said "... will try to write the letter next week..." two weeks ago.

These two different timelines seem to indicate the wide variation of individual worload..or work ethic!

Monday 8am 08/09/08 no email from agent asking for 2nd VAC so its back to nail biting for another 24 hours.

L.L.

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi LL and Rick - it really does seem to be pot luck doesn't it. Everyone's time lines are just so different even though we all seem to have applied around the same time. Rick got acknowledged 6 days after us and has the visa and here we are still waiting for 2nd VAC request. CO said 5 weeks ago that it would be requested within 4 weeks, been waiting since beginning of July.

I just don't know what to think anymore.................

By the way, congratulations to SmileyGrandma and Son. Hope you had a good trip over and I bet you had a fabulous reunion.

Jean:wubclub:

Guest Gollywobbler
Just been looking on british expats forum. There are two posts on there from people who now have case officers; one was acknowledged on August 16th 2007 and one on 21st August. We were acknowledged August 7th and have heard nothing - should we be panicking?

Hi Mary

There is no cause for concern at this stage. As the others have all mentioned, it is impossible to predict exactly when your CO will make contact. They seem to allocate a batch of applications to a particular CO and then leave it to him/her to prioritise his/her own caseload.

When my Mum's Contributory Parent visa was being finalised, almost exactly two years ago, her CO went down with flu for a fortnight. Which was frustrating but the poor lady was not well - it is winter in Perth so I guess now is the time of year when colds and flu are most likely to strike.

Keep an eye on other people's timelines for a while, I suggest. Also, if you are not using an Agent but you are using Norton anti-virus, check the Spam bin manually before you delete anything. Norton does not like whatever e-mail system the DIAC computer uses and it is notorious for dumping e-mails from DIAC straight into the spam bin.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all

App Ack. 02 Aug 2007

So things are still moving along - this last bit went fairly quickly I reckon' date=' not sure why other people's applications seem to be getting stuck at this point. Hopefully things will start moving again soon.[/quote']

Hi WTW

BRILLIANT NEWS!!!!!

When are your parents planning to head for Oz? Do you know, yet?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Where'sTheWind
Hi WTW

BRILLIANT NEWS!!!!!

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks Gill, we're all over the moon that they've finally got that magic piece of paper - it's such a relief after years (literally) wondering if it'll all come off.

I'd just like to say a big thanks to you for all the time and interest you've taken in helping us to get across the line - your efforts are appreciated by myself and a lot of other grateful punters on this forum.

The other good news, which they found out the same day as the arrival of the final visa grant email is that the house is now sold and should complete very quickly (since there are't too many busy solicitors at the minute, unfortunately for anyone trying to sell a house), so we're hoping to have them here by the start of November. So, as you can imagine they are in full OMG mode, but they've done a fair amount in advance so getting the last few odds and ends done in that timeframe shouldn't be a big stretch.

So, good luck to everyone who's anywhere on this journey - it's worth the wait (although it would be nice if it didn't have to be such a long bloocy wait!)

cheers

Rick

Guest marian and ian burgess

Well done Oldies! So the whole process took about 15 months in all! That's heartening for the rest of us!

Best Wishes for your future' Enjoy!

Marian Burgess

Hi WTW

BRILLIANT NEWS!!!!!

Best wishes

Gill

AT LAST !

Request for 2nd VAC......

and only 28 days to decide which bank to rob for the readies to pay!

Init amazing that "they" take 15 months or more to do their bit...and give the punter just 28 days ( less 5/7 to transfer with some buffer.) to get a small fortune paid in!

Looks like October departure! Drat another Christmas without snow, :biglaugh:

But they will probably say they've given you 15 months to get the money - you can't win either way!!

Still it's progress Lanky Lad - hang on just a little longer as you're almost there and at least you know you're in this year's allocation.

(2 requests inside 2 days - they must need the money)!

Regards

Liz

Just got the email requesting 2nd VAC. Very excited, it's going to happen!!!!

Hi Jean great news told you you wouldn't be long behind us bet you are over the moon its a great feeling all that worry.

We transfered the money to Aus last Sat Rachael phoned this morning to say she had the cheque ready to post by special delivery POPC should get it Friday CO said she would look out for it so lets hope we all have our Visa,s by end of the month.

Guess what we also had our first viewer this evening was I excited you can believe it The viewing went OK but a bit worried where to put there suite I said I could leave them mine Ha Ha but I was also asked about it at work today so who knows we may get on that one way ticket yet

Pity we all weren't closer we could all go out to celebrate and bring Gill along as a big THANKYOU

Good luck with everything keep us informed

Evelyn:spinny:

Hi Gill,

I have sent you a few e-mails but not sure if you are getting them but wanted to say THANKS for everything as you will know from this Thread it is all going great best thing I ever did was take your advice CO couldn't be more helpfull she has been in touch with me all the way since I sent the papers.

Don't know why but everytime I place a Thread I never seem to get the replies come through thought it may be our computer any sugestions it works Ok in Britts Abroad

Regards

Evelyn

Hi Evelyn

Fingers crossed about the house - tell them to buy a new suite!

I am close to you so if you want to meet up for a toast to Gill before you go I'm up for that.

Re the emails - is it possible you've blocked the email option. There are experts about that will hopefully be able to give you more info.

Here's to that one way ticket!

Liz

Oldies and Lanky Lad

Did you see other thread about rate being best it has in last 5 months at almost 2.20 to the pound?

Maybe the wait may benefit you financially just as second vacs due.

I paid first vac when rate was at lowest but then my timing has always been off!

Liz

Hello everyone, we just heard the news yesterday that the contributary parent visa allocation for 08-09 has already been exhausted! We put our application in for bang on the 1st July, anyone know if it's likely that we would be included in the 08-09 allocation or if we would have to wait for the 09-10 batch?!!! Any info much appreciated. Thank you very much. Donna

Oldies and Lanky Lad

Did you see other thread about rate being best it has in last 5 months at almost 2.20 to the pound?

Maybe the wait may benefit you financially just as second vacs due.

I paid first vac when rate was at lowest but then my timing has always been off!

Liz

HI,

My maths are rubbish but to me that means on £100K the difference from last week @ 1.9200 - adds about AUD$28000 to the kitty

Our VAC is already in Oz so that bit wont affect us directly...but if the house sells soon..we just land lucky on the exchange rate....unless the UK press talk us into another recession and then who knows!!!

Just dropped the OH off in town, new hair do day - last seen skipping along like a 10 year old singing Waltzing Matilda... and this after a bash at Advance Australia Fair at dawn!

The next few weeks look like being brighter than the last 12 months!

How many are looking at October flights? Hands up.

L.L.

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi All.

The Aussie $ is going up alright, bless it's little plastic socks!

Our 2nd VAC payment has gone off today. Bought the dollars yesterday and it cost us £29,023.36 - when I first enquired on Monday, when we got the notification, it would have cost us £29,635.00 so we saved £600. Probably going to be more tomorrow, but just wanted to get it over there.

We can't go before January because son over here is getting married at Christmas.

If the Scots are off to celebrate and toast Gill, have one for me.

We're nearly there guys!!!!!

Hello everyone, we just heard the news yesterday that the contributary parent visa allocation for 08-09 has already been exhausted! We put our application in for bang on the 1st July, anyone know if it's likely that we would be included in the 08-09 allocation or if we would have to wait for the 09-10 batch?!!! Any info much appreciated. Thank you very much. Donna

Hi Donna

If you mean July this year then you're in same position as me. Mine was sent and acknowledged June and the projected date for visa is December 2009 (the 09/10 batch I'm afraid!) Been told not to expect a case officer to pick up case until application has been in 12 months.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but time passes quickly and we'll probably need until then to get ready!

Best Wishes

Liz

Guest missymon

Hi Donna,

Is this true already????? Where did you hear this news hon?

Monica

Hi Liz and Monica, my OH looked on the Go Matilda news page and it said it there, i didn't personally read it though. That means the whole year's allocation has gone in less than 3 months! Liz, have you heard more from the immi then? We've received acknowledgement of our application but only had that one letter so far. Yes, it was July this year, we're not far apart. I was hoping as we were in early then we may have just scraped in by the skin of our teeth! I was expecting about a year's wait, but not two!!

Donna

xx

Hi Donna

The acknowledgement letter indicated approx 12 months for case officer,and other information on this site from those that are nearing the end of the process or have completed, indicates a further 6 months before visa. (2nd VAC's, AOS, meds, police checks, etc)

A year and a half maybe? Don't worry - it will fly in!

Best Wishes

Liz

Archived