contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Hi Donna

A year and a half maybe? Don't worry - it will fly in!

Best Wishes

Liz

Hi,

We first had to wait until the Kidz had been "settled" for the 2 year required.

We went through...sell up and go over on a 12 month holiday visa.

That idea died with the house market last year!

Now we are just waiting for the 2nd VAC to be processed and the arrival of the grant letter.

Time does fly.... after all the wait...we are no rushing abut trying sort out what to take , what to dump and HOW we take/send it, a car to get rid of and be ripped off again.

Garage, loft and every other place you dump stuff out of sight needs clearing.

Good news is ..this forum is a great place to meet people and get good advice, and information.

L.L.

PS, anybody want a 2005, Volvo S40, 33,000 miles ........ cheap!

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Evelyn

Fingers crossed about the house - tell them to buy a new suite!

I am close to you so if you want to meet up for a toast to Gill before you go I'm up for that.

Re the emails - is it possible you've blocked the email option. There are experts about that will hopefully be able to give you more info.

Here's to that one way ticket!

Liz

Hi Liz thats a great idea to meet up even if it was in Edinburgh as not sure how near you are to Livingston I will PM you.

The woman came back last night to measure for her sofa said they really loved the house and wanted to buy then got on about missives etc and as its fixed price couldn't put in an offer so not holding my breath but Agent going to find out,

I got all excited yesterday as it would mean we could go on one way ticket john trying to keep my feet on the ground that it might not happen.

I keep telling John its something in the computer so I may contact Tim to ask his asdvice

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Donna,

Is this true already????? Where did you hear this news hon?

Monica

Hi Monica

Donna heard the news here:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

The POPC have not yet said that they have allocated all the visas for the 2008/9 Year. It was merely the case that one of the COs told Alan Collett that if they continue to allocate visas at the same rate which this CO had been seeing, then it is likely that all 6,500 will have been allocated by the end of September.

There have been 3 recent changes in procedure since 1st July 2008, being:

1. If Form 80 has not been submitted up front (it is not on the Checklist) they are asking for it in the acknowledgement letter. When they do the next revision of the Checklist, I reckon a requirement for Form 80 up front will be in the new Checklist.

2. August 2008 applicants are beginning to get acknowledgement letters. The letter tells them that when their application has been added to the Queue they will be given their Queue Date so that they can then use the Queue Calculator to meaningful effect.

3. Hitherto it has been a legislative requirement that all Parent and CP visa applicants must meet all the basic criteria (eg Balance of Family) plus meet the Health and Character requirements before they can be added to the Queue.

The Minister signed the necessary amending legislation in July. From now on, Parents and CP visa applicants will be added to the Queue before being asked to show that they meet the Health and Character requirements. The meds and police checks will be requested when the CO is ready to begin the final processing, which won't be until about a year after the application is lodged.

The changes will undoubtedly streamline the process. It is absurd for a CPV applicant to have to undergo two lots of meds and produce two police checks in the space of a year or 18 months. It is a waste of the applicant's time and money and it is also a waste of DIAC's resources.

The overall effect of the 3 changes will be that people will be added to the Queue relatively quickly. Therefore the visas will also be allocated very quickly, but this will happen several months before the visa will actually be granted.

My calculations are that anyone who applied for a CPV before the end of November 2007 will probably get a visa out of the 2008/9 quota. I reckon that later applicants will be in the 2009/10 quota, expecting visa grants after 1st July 2009.

Does this help?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Liz thats a great idea to meet up even if it was in Edinburgh as not sure how near you are to Livingston I will PM you.

The woman came back last night to measure for her sofa said they really loved the house and wanted to buy then got on about missives etc and as its fixed price couldn't put in an offer so not holding my breath but Agent going to find out,

I got all excited yesterday as it would mean we could go on one way ticket john trying to keep my feet on the ground that it might not happen.

I keep telling John its something in the computer so I may contact Tim to ask his asdvice

Hiya Evelyn

I have not forgotten you, honey. This has merely been a hectic week.

Great stuff to hear that it is all happening with your 2nd Instalment. As you say, the COs at the POPC are really super to deal with, aren't they?

Fingers crossed about your house, too! I know nothing about the Scottish conveyancing system, so please forgive my ignorance. Once there is a binding agreement between you and the buyer, how long do you normally get till you have to complete the deal and vacate the house? Also, how long does it normally take to get the binding commitment into place once a willing buyer is found, please?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi All.

The Aussie $ is going up alright, bless it's little plastic socks!

Our 2nd VAC payment has gone off today. Bought the dollars yesterday and it cost us £29,023.36 - when I first enquired on Monday, when we got the notification, it would have cost us £29,635.00 so we saved £600. Probably going to be more tomorrow, but just wanted to get it over there.

We can't go before January because son over here is getting married at Christmas.

If the Scots are off to celebrate and toast Gill, have one for me.

We're nearly there guys!!!!!

Jean:wubclub:

Hi Jean,

Your as excited by all this as me I was over the moon with our rate we thought it would have been about £30.000 had to transfer $58,660 to POPC but added a bit extra as its rachaels 30 birthday so she could get herself something so we transfered $ 58,800 and it only cost us £27,406.55 which then left us enough to buy our flights so hopefully it keeps going up and up good news for us.

We hope to go out sometime in Nov as have to validate by 25th Dec but will try and leave it as long as possible as we may have a buyer for house just waiting on word I :biglaugh:am on holiday but can't settle to anything at the moment don't know wether to laugh cry or screem just want to pack up the house and get going,

I had John take a car load of stuff to Cancer Shop and managed to get some bits sold through the paper so its a start.

Any other woman as excited about it all and their OH just taking it in their stride must be a man thing.John is doing my head in as he wont get excited until its all final etc doesn't want me to get my hopes up on first viewing sale WHY NOT its better than sitting crying Ha Ha.

Yes Jean if we meet up we will certainly have a toast to Gill on you any excuse maybe we can meet up in Aus.

Will let you know when we get our Visa in our little hands.

Love to everyone waiting

Evelyn x

Hi Gill great to hear from you i bet you never get the chance to be bored i just wanted you to know how greatfull I was for all your help.

The lady came back again last night which came as a shock as i didn't think they were interested to measure for her sofa Ha Ha but she is going to move the door anyway she said they really wanted to buy it and as it was fixed price couldn't put in an offer don't ask why anyway as far as I know a house in Scotland is under offer until the Missives are signed then it is deemed as sold and you can't pull out this can be done in a matter of days after the survey is completed up until then you could accept another offer ( i didn't know this she told me ) and the sale can be completed within 4 -6 wks if not earlier it can happen quickly i spoke to our agent who is waiting to hear from the viewers if not she is going to phone them to find out what they mean and we can take it from there,

If it all goes ahead we could make the activation date even if its going over just before Xmas.

I just can't believe how its all happened at once as we haven't had one viewing as I said earlier I didn't know yesterday wether to laugh or cry what to do with myself but John is trying to keep my feet on the ground so I don't get disapointed if it doesn't come off but its not working Ha Ha I had hime start taking bits to the charity shop this morning as I decided to have a weeks holidays things have a way of working out.

I hope you are well and you do the most wonderfull job helping us all out on this sight we should nominate you for an MBE

Will phone you once we get our Visa to tell you more about the house side of things in Scotland

Evelyn xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Monica

The POPC have not yet said that they have allocated all the visas for the 2008/9 Year. It was merely the case that one of the COs told Alan Collett that if they continue to allocate visas at the same rate which this CO had been seeing, then it is likely that all 6,500 will have been allocated by the end of September.

1. If Form 80 has not been submitted up front (it is not on the Checklist) they are asking for it in the acknowledgement letter. When they do the next revision of the Checklist, I reckon a requirement for Form 80 up front will be in the new Checklist.

2. August 2008 applicants are beginning to get acknowledgement letters. The letter tells them that when their application has been added to the Queue they will be given their Queue Date so that they can then use the Queue Calculator to meaningful effect.

3. Hitherto it has been a legislative requirement that all Parent and CP visa applicants must meet all the basic criteria (eg Balance of Family) plus meet the Health and Character requirements before they can be added to the Queue.

The Minister signed the necessary amending legislation in July. From now on, Parents and CP visa applicants will be added to the Queue before being asked to show that they meet the Health and Character requirements. The meds and police checks will be requested when the CO is ready to begin the final processing, which won't be until about a year after the application is lodged.

The changes will undoubtedly streamline the process. It is absurd for a CPV applicant to have to undergo two lots of meds and produce two police checks in the space of a year or 18 months. It is a waste of the applicant's time and money and it is also a waste of DIAC's resources.

The overall effect of the 3 changes will be that people will be added to the Queue relatively quickly. Therefore the visas will also be allocated very quickly, but this will happen several months before the visa will actually be granted.

My calculations are that anyone who applied for a CPV before the end of November 2007 will probably get a visa out of the 2008/9 quota. I reckon that later applicants will be in the 2009/10 quota, expecting visa grants after 1st July 2009.

Does this help?

Best wishes

Gill

Gill

Many thanks for info. It is not clear however what is going to happen to those who applied before August, i.e., those who did not (and have never been asked, like myself and Donna) to provide Form 80's. Do you think this likely to prevent them being placed in queue?

If not, do you think they can also expect to be advised of their queue date?

I feel like I've fallen into a black hole - I'm neither one or another!

As always I'd value your opinion.

Regards

Liz

Guest Gollywobbler
Gill

Many thanks for info. It is not clear however what is going to happen to those who applied before August, i.e., those who did not (and have never been asked, like myself and Donna) to provide Form 80's. Do you think this likely to prevent them being placed in queue?

If not, do you think they can also expect to be advised of their queue date?

I feel like I've fallen into a black hole - I'm neither one or another!

As always I'd value your opinion.

Regards

Liz

Hi Liz

Form 80 (Character) is not one of the threshold criteria any more and therefore should not affect the date when your application has been/will be placed in the Queue.

I found out that they are asking for it when they send the acknowledgement via some friends of mine. The Parents have submitted a CPV application which was lodged on 1st July according to the ack letter which is dated 11th August. The guy who signed the ack letter asked them, in it, to complete Forms 80 as soon as convenient and to bung them across to him. Unusually for DIAC, he did not impose a deadline. However the tone did suggest that he was serious about wanting Forms 80 sooner rather than later. Father had actually sem-completed Forms 80 before submitting the application so I don't know why they weren't included at that stage. (However he is 80 and by the time the application bundle was ready he was probably as sick of all the red tape as I was at the same stage with Mum's application!)

If the POPC now want Form 80 up front then the ack letter is the time and place to request it because the ack letter has to be prepared and sent anyway. If they haven't asked for it in the ack letter, they will simply leave the CO to ask for it once s/he gets involved. It is a waste of time for them to sift through all the applications to see whether or not they have the Forms 80 and to make special requests for them if not.

I thought you were going to complete and send your Form 80 during your recent week off? Did you put off the evil moment in the end?!!! If you did, it won't make any difference to the overall timescale as long as it is with the file by the time your CO reads through the file. However if it is ready then you might as well send it to them now. Enclose a copy of the ack letter so that they can match the Form 80 to your application, I suggest.

Somebody on BE has said in late August or early September that their own ack letter talks about the Queue Date and says they will be notified of when it is. This is obviously a new system which might only happen automatically for people where it says so in the ack letter - I don't know.

On the other hand, if your application has not already been placed in the Queue (which it could have been given the new arrangements) then somebody will look at the file and place you into the Queue. Whilst s/he is doing that, they might as well drop you a quick e-mail to let you have a note of your Queue Date.

If necessary they will backdate your Queue Date so as to ensure parity between you and the other applicants, so don't worry about that.

I am inclined to suggest the following:

Sit tight for the moment.

Let us wait for a statement from the POPC saying that the 2008/9 quota has been filled.

Let us then wait for people to start saying that they have been given Queue Dates, and let us see what their lodgement dates were etc.

Knowing your Queue Date is not going to accelerate or decelerate the processing speed with your file, so I suggest that the best course is to grit your teeth for the moment and just wait to see what starts to happen for other people.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest mamaduck

hi gill

i emailed alan at gomatila I am going down 457 route,have sent cv to nursing agency and awaiting reply I have to work full time and can apply for PR if not go down CPV route whilst I work.Forgot to ask about my husband he does not want to work,can he go with me on another visa?Its all very scary as I have worked my hospital for so long.Still have medicals to do as far as I am aware.All at gomatilda so helpful.

maria

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Maria

Thanks for letting me know. I am delighted to hear that Go Matilda also think you might have two potential PR strings to your bow rather than the CPV only. Go for it!

Hubby will be included in whichever visas you apply for. No need for him to work if he does not want to.

Meanwhile, I hope you don't mind but I gave your user-name to another PiO Member in Chat the other night. This guy is joining the RAAF. To start with he will be stationed in Wagga Wagga, in NSW, for 6 months. After that he could be transferred to a number of other places and Darwin is one of them. He asked about Darwin. I told him not to listen to rumours about Darwin but to contact you and ask you because you have been there. He said he might do that at some stage. I hope you won't mind if he does? It is quite rare to find members on here who have actually been to Darwin instead of "I've heard that....."

Best wishes

Gill

Hi

I am in a similar position. Application for 143 visa acknowledged 2 January 2008. The letter stated they were processing applications lodged on 10 May 2007. There was no mention of sending Form 80 or of any queues, so I am also in limbo,wondering if I will be in this years allocation.

Susan

Guest missymon
Hi Monica

Does this help?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

You are such a darling! You always help! This makes things a lot clearer for me. If we do get into the queue quicker then we may look at going out to Oz on a student visa or a tourist visa as you suggested a few months ago. At least once we are in the queue I feel we will have a better idea of when we get our visa. We are filling in our Form 80 now and will forward with a copy of our acknowledgement letter. All depends on whether we can sell the house or not. It has only been on the market for 2 weeks.

Thanks so much

Monica x

Hi everyone and hello and thank you Gill for that latest information. I'm now a bit unsure of whether to complete and send the Form 80. I have just dug out the copy of the one and only letter from the immigration that my parent's received and sent to me.

It's dated 20 June 2008 and says this:-

Acknowledgement of receipt - parent subclass 143 (contributory parent - migrant) visal application.

1 name and dob of parent 1

2 name and dob of parent 2

I refer to the application for a parent subclass 143 (contributory parent - migrant), which was received by this office on 17 June 2008.

A case officer will be allocated to assess this application, however due to the large number of applications received you will not be contacted immediately. For this visa category, case officers are currently processing applications that were lodged on 20 June 2007.

When allocated, the case officer will contact the applicants to request any further documentation/action to complete outstanding requirements in order to progress and/or finalise the application. Please note that any requests will specify a period of time within that information must be supplied to this office. It is unlikely that requests for extensions of time will be granted unless there are particularly compelling or compassionate circumstances.

Where requests for furher documentation are not satisfied within the specified period, the case officer may make a decision based only on the information already provided.

There is then a paragraph about changes in circumstances and contact details.

So my letter doesn't mention anything yet about sending Form 80. Does the 2nd paragraph mean we have been put in the queue? Liz G, is this the same as your letter?

Gill, sorry if this is a stupid question but do they initially allocate a visa per application, in which case the numbers would get used up quickly and, if on later processing, the applications are found to not meet criteria etc, the visa then gets added back to the list of available ones? If you know what i mean!!! i suppose our wait all depends upon how many people from 2007 were 'leftover'? Does Go Matilda get any figures/stats on how many applications go in for this type of visa? We probably don't really want to know that though!! Look forward to your thoughts, kind regards, Donna.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Donna

Yes. It sounds like you received the "standard acknowledgement letter" that they were using until early July 2008.

The more recent one which I've seen, dated 11th August, says that the application was received on 1st July 2008.

Immediately after the above, it says:

Please download, complete and return the ‘Personal Particulars for character assessment’ Form‑80 for each applicant at your earliest opportunity. Form‑80 is available from our website at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf.

Apart from that the more recent letter that I've seen says that as on 11th August they were assessing applications received on 30th June 2007. In all other respects it is identical to the one in your possession.

I think their new desire for Form 80 up front is is probably linked to the new arrangements under which it will no longer be necessary to submit meds and police checks before one can be added to the Queue.

Agents Gateway - Health and Character requirements for parent visa applicants outside Australia

With regard to the Queue Date and people being notified of it, pleas see Post #116 on Page 75 of the big British Expats thread, posted by Jean 58 on September 1st 2008. She had just received an e-mail from the POPC which reads as follows:

I can confirm that your application has been received by the Perth

Offshore Parents Centre (POPC). The application was received on 09

November 2007.

For Contributory Parent visa categories (subclasses CA-143 and UT-173),

it is taking approximately 10 - 12 months from lodgement date until the

case is allocated to a case officer. Your application is registered and

awaiting allocation to a case officer. We are currently processing

applications that we received in the first week of August 2007 for

allocation to case officers.

Because your application has not yet been allocated to or assessed by a

case officer it will not have a queue date. The queue date is not the

lodgement date. The online queue calculator will give false information

if you put your lodgement date in, at present it will not work for you.

The case officer is the person who will provide a queue date when the

requirements are met to do so.

That seems fairly definitive. The thread is here:

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!! - Page 75 : British Expat Discussion Forum

Evidently the plan is that a CO will examine the file sooner than they used to and then if everything is OK (apart from the meds and police checks) they will add the applicant to the Queue. 6,500 visas is 1 per parent, not anything else and the Queue counts people, not the number of applications ahead of one's own.

However on 30th August 2008 a guy posting on the Go Matilda forum said this was the content of an e-mail which he had had from the POPC on 15th August 2008:

"I can confirm that your application has been received by the Perth Offshore Parents Centre (POPC). The application was received on 01 April 2008.

For Contributory Parent visa categories (subclasses CA-143 and UT-173),it is taking approximately 10 - 12 months from lodgement date until the case is allocated to a case officer. Your application is registered and awaiting allocation, currently we are processing applications that we received in the last week of July 2007 for allocation to case officers.

Once your case is allocated to a Case Officer, they will make an assessment of the application and request outstanding documents such as a police clearance certificate.

The processing times for the 143 and 173 are the same.

As your application has not yet been assessed it will not have a queue date in which to place in the online queue calculator. Once it has been the case officer will advise you what is your queue date. This program year (financial year) the quota of places for the 143/173 combined is 5900. The calculator will allow for this, therefore choose the visa type that you applied for when using the calculator".

Obviously, then, out of a total quota of 6,500 visas some 600 have been earmarked for allocation to applicants for the onshore Contributory Aged Parent Visas leaving 5,900 for distribution to offshore Contributory Parent visa applicants. That e-mail of 15th August also tells the guy specifically that he will be told when his Queue Date is.

i suppose our wait all depends upon how many people from 2007 were 'leftover'? Does Go Matilda get any figures/stats on how many applications go in for this type of visa

Go Matilda does not get given any particular stats. Those are published in DIAC's Annual Report each year. The Annual report for the 2006/7 Program Year was published in mid-December 2007. It says:

Processing times for the offshore contributory parent category visas did not meet published performance standards through 2006-07. The number of applications received by the Perth Offshore Parents Centre (POPC) have more than doubled in three years (from about 3000 cases in 2005 to more than 7000 cases at June 2007) and the average application rate is 325 cases (525 people) per month. With only 3500 visa places available under the programme, POPC faced a rapidly increasing workload and consequent backlog.

The department responded to this situation by putting in place a number of revised management practices to ensure smarter processing, including restructuring POPC and introducing streamlined processing methods to improve productivity and efficiency.

The expected gains did not show immediately and it will take some time for these measures to take effect and catch up with on-hand applications

I assume that wanting Form 80 up front and also Queueing the applications before getting the meds and police checks is all part of the streamlining described in the report.

Therefore on 1st July 2007 the POPC had only CPVs available to grant before 30th June 2008 and 7,000 applicants waiting for them.

New stats will be published in the 2007/8 DIAC Report but that will not be available till mid-December 2008.

I think you can safely assume that your Parents will not get their CPVs prior to 30th June 2009. Hopefully, though, they will be granted towards the end of 2009.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest hazyborders
Hi Donna

Yes. It sounds like you received the "standard acknowledgement letter" that they were using until early July 2008.

The more recent one which I've seen, dated 11th August, says that the application was received on 1st July 2008.

Gill - in case it's of interest, just to let you know we had the request for form 80 in our acknowledgement letter of 9 Nov 07, and sent it off the same month. It's probably now in a neat pile on the floor somewhere!!

Best wishes

Steve

Guest Gollywobbler
Gill - in case it's of interest, just to let you know we had the request for form 80 in our acknowledgement letter of 9 Nov 07, and sent it off the same month. It's probably now in a neat pile on the floor somewhere!!

Best wishes

Steve

Hello Steve

Thanks for this. Most interesting. I'd have expected them to have absolutely identical drills for everybody and just make "across the board" alterations from time to time.

Perhaps the people who do the initial processing and acknowledge applications are allowed a fair amount of discretion about whether they think it is worth asking for Form 80 early on or not.

Personally I think it is worth getting it out of the way in the early stages because it is such a complete to have to do it several months later.

They do seem to be holding the timeline at about 12 months from submission until a CO makes contact to start the final processing. If they are holding the bridge I guess it must be regarded as good!

Best wishes

Gill

Guest OldiesRUs

Can I just ask why everyone refers to 'the dreaded Form 80'. Reading various threads on PIO about it while waiting for our CO etc., made me start to think that I must have totally messed it up because I found it so straightforward. But then reason prevailed and I realised that our Agent would have picked it up if we had got it wrong.

I didn't think it onerous at all. I just filled it in. Am I not normal? Is there an extra bit of stress in this whole process that I missed out on?

Jean

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jean

My Mum was 85 when I completed Form 47PA for her. She was originally one of 10 children, only 4 of whom were still alive in mid-2005 when we started preparing Mum's CPV application.

When it came to listing the details of the dead siblings on Form 47PA, Mum was clear about their names but she hesitated about the dates of their births & deaths.

Aunt Connie was in a nursing home in Melbourne anyway. Alive but only just, in her 90s etc. Mum and my two remaining Aunts were in the UK.

When Mum hesitated, I got the two remaining Aunts on the phone to see whether they knew the relevant dates for sure? All 3 disagreed with each other but Aunt Poppy sounded more confident than Mum and the other aunt so I accepted Aunt Poppy's dates and those went in Form 47PA.

I had noticed Form 80 and had glanced through it but the website said, "You may be asked to complete....." I thought, "Surely they don't want that from an 85 year old lady? It would be completely de trop to do so."

Therefore I ignored Form 80. Several months later, Mum's CO contacted us asking for....guess what....Form 80!

Mum was in Oz with my sister Elaine so she got the job of taking Mum through Form 80. Poor Elaine. She did the first draft and e-mailed it to me. I said, "Change it. Don't try to put them in order of birth. Put the live ones at the top, leave a line and then list the dead ones underneath in order of birth."

Then Elaine complained that Mum was saying that the dates for the births & deaths were wrong in Form 47PA. (She had evidently forgotten the hour-lonng phone call with my aunts!) "Elaine. These people are dead. They will not be applying for visas for Oz. The dates are therefore irrelevant. The script is Form 47PA. That has the dates Poppy gave. Jusrt repeat them and tell Mum to stop wittering. Just do it and tell her to sign the box. Don't let her read it or she will try to turn the whole thing into a 3-way Committee Effort and we will be here for a week. Just be firm with her."

A bit later, Elaine rang again, nearly in tears. "What shall I put for addresses?" "Whaddya mean?" "It says put names AND addresses for siblings. What shall I put for the dead ones?"

"Elaine, they deserve that we should put "Grave number 123, Row 15A, A B&C Cemetery" etc. This is ridiculous. However, just put "Deceased" and leave it at that."

Elaine ended up completing Form 80 about 5 times in ink before it was finally right, and it took her nearly all day what with me telling her to change Form 80 and Mum claiming that Form 47PA was wrong!

Cheers

Gill

Guest mamaduck

hi gill

no problem,would gladly help anyone and it means more friends out there.I liked wagga wagga not a great deal to do but traveled up to sydney,it did take 5hrs though.

Darwin can get very hot and humid but where we were in larakeyah it was only a short walk to the beach.You cant walk very far because of the humidity but all the malls are air conditioned.

We went to the local yacht club and watch the sun go down it was very beautiful.Lots of out door activities to do,we love it but it is not everyones cup of tea because of the heat.I am a typical english rose so of course I dont go out without sun protection,you just have to cope with the heat and it can be very debilitating.Christmas day was very very hot so no roast dinner,just lots of lovely fresh sea food.

The goverment building in Darwin is really beautiful and the views from the cafe terrace are spectacular.I cant wait to to go back I made some lovely friends there

Can I just ask why everyone refers to 'the dreaded Form 80'. Reading various threads on PIO about it while waiting for our CO etc., made me start to think that I must have totally messed it up because I found it so straightforward. But then reason prevailed and I realised that our Agent would have picked it up if we had got it wrong.

I didn't think it onerous at all. I just filled it in. Am I not normal? Is there an extra bit of stress in this whole process that I missed out on?

Jean

Hi Jean

I think it's the length of the form that's off putting and all the information gathering required before sitting down to do it, i.e., relatives info, qualifications, etc as I don't hold all the dates in my head. Also there was a bit of split in the family many years ago following divorce which doesn't help!

Next day off I promise to do it! lol

Liz

Hi All, thank you very much Gill for your very comprehensive answer to my stupid question! From the sounds of things then we are still in for about a 12 month wait, which is what we expected and we're OK with that. I think i am going to send in the Form 80 anyway, like you say, once they've got it then hopefully we shouldn't be asked for it later down the track. Ours is pretty straightforward anyway so shouldn't be too stressful. It does seem that we are all getting slightly different letters though doesn't it, which is a bit strange as, like you said, you would imagine just the same 'standard' type acknowledge letter was sent to everyone. Oh well, next mission: Complete Form 80!! Thanks for all your help! Kind regards, Donna

Hi All,

Will the lucky ones who have finally got the visa in the passport, advise how long it took after paying in the 2nd VAC.

It seems to be taking about 4 weeks.

------------------------

Looking at a number of posts connected to the CPV trail and it may be worth taking into account that at the end of the trail, your "validate by" date appears to be the last day of your police check validity.

There are a number of posts from applicants who may run out of time because the house has not not sold. We all got into "front loading" to minimise the waiting, so it may be something to take into account.

Hi All,

Will the lucky ones who have finally got the visa in the passport, advise how long it too after paying in the 2nd VAC.

It seems to be taking about 4 weeks.

------------------------

Looking at a number of posts connected to the CPV trail and it may be worth taking into account that at the end of the trail, your "validate by" date appears to be the last day of your police check validity.

There are a number of posts from applicants who may run out of time because the house has not not sold. We all got into "front loading" to minimise the waiting, so it may be something to tak einto acount.

Hi Lanky Lad

We have just paid our 2nd Instalment last week and have to validate by 25th Dec plan to go end Nov before prices get too expensive so hopefully it wont take too long, spoke to CO and she said she would have it done ASAP due to time span ( wasn't that good of her the little gem )

The update of our house the couple want to buy but the person buying theres has let them down so it looks like Scotland is starting the same Chain effect as England so who knows if she gets someone else to buy before we go in Nov we may still get on a one way who knows.

Will keep you informed of when we get our Visa to give you an idea

Evelyn

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Alan Collett has spoken again with the POPC in the last day or two.

As a result, he has amended his recent news article:

I've added a sticky thread on here for all recent and prospective CPV applicants and their families:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/43861-contributory-parent-visas-important.html

Best wishes

Gill

Archived