contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

We've recently remembered that our current passports are due to run out in April 2009, and we don't have a case officer yet. At the rate timelines seem to be stretching out, we're worried we may run out of time to renew the passports before we get the visa.We can renew passports in advance, but if we do we'll presumably then have to change the details we've already given on our application. Anybody else hit this problem, and what did you do about it?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Maria

It is easily solved.

Just renew your passports and then complete Form 1023:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf

I would suggest that you send Form 1023 recording the new passport details, plus ceritified copies of the bio pages in your new passports, and a covering letter. It would be an idea to include a copy of your acknowledgement letter as well so as to make it easy for them to match the new documents to your existing application.

Best wishes

Gill

I've added a sticky thread on here for all recent and prospective CPV applicants and their families:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/43861-contributory-parent-visas-important.htm

Hi Gill,

Your link above is busted, I get the HTTP 404 error message.

I spotted that you missed the L off .html

so if anybody uses the link...just add the L.

It may work on some machines..but most will report the 404

L.L.

Sitrep..... 2nd VAC now in the kitty for the annual Canberra Roo and snorker BBQ

Guest Gollywobbler

HI LL

Thanks for the tip about the link. I have fixed the link.

Are you saying that you have now sent your 2nd Instalment money to Oz to await the request from the POPC?

Best wishes

Gill

HI LL

Thanks for the tip about the link. I have fixed the link.

Are you saying that you have now sent your 2nd Instalment money to Oz to await the request from the POPC?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

No.... fee's were already in Aussie, the agent sent it off Monday pm Aussie time.

Just waiting for the grant or whatever the final hurdle is designated. Then its in the post to London ( worries me a lot!) and back within a few days, according to those who have completed the CPV Marathon.

Looking back at those on the forums who said..... nearly 3.5 years ago......"Dont worry, the time will fly by"....... NO, its a load of B******oks , the wait is long, tedious, frought with heartache and despair. Topped by momentary elation at each successful stage completion is ticked off!

Now these symptoms are back in place but attached to house sales - which appears to have killed off the Auckland Shuffle!

When I let you know there is a large G & T waiting for you in Aussie, ask me to tell you the story of The Kettle, The Iron and the Kitchen bin. you will not believe it!

guess they will be a few more posts here before we CPV veterans fade away....

L. L.

Guest OldiesRUs

Oh come on LL! You have to tell us the story of the iron, the kettle and the kitchen bin now you have raised our curiosity. Sounds a bit kinky to me - or is that just my mind?

Gill - LL and I are having a 'race you to the visa' as our 2nd VAC payment has just been paid too.

Jean:wubclub:

Oh come on LL! You have to tell us the story of the iron, the kettle and the kitchen bin now you have raised our curiosity. Sounds a bit kinky to me - or is that just my mind?

Gill - LL and I are having a 'race you to the visa' as our 2nd VAC payment has just been paid too.

Hi Jean

Well I beat you both just had an e-mail this morning to say VISA GRANTED was I shocked as they would only have gotten the cheque last Friday so our CO didn't waste any time Phoned Rachael to tell her and you should have heard the squeals John doesn't know as he is at work will have the Champagne on ice for him getting home.

I am so pleased going out for lunch a BIG drink , have my hair done and LAUGH all the way.

It shouldn't be long for you both bet we all have them by the end of the week as there was just days in between Good Luck

I tried to post a Thread about it but wouldn't let me so I,m sure Tim will help me on that one

Thanks everyone for your support

Evelyn :yes:

Guest OldiesRUs

Evelyn, that's fantastic news!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

That seems to have come through very quickly as most people seem to be waiting about 4 weeks. I have settled that we won't hear before 2nd week in October.

I'm out with the girls tonight, so I'll have an extra slice of lemon in my diet coke to celebrate for you.

Congratulations again, enjoy the celebrations.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Evelyn

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU & JOHN!!!!!!

Enjoy your celebrations this evening!

I shall keep fingers, toes & eyes crossed that you will be able to use one-way tickets for your trip to Oz in November.

Best wishes

Gill

xx

:jiggy:

Hi Maria

It is easily solved.

Just renew your passports and then complete Form 1023:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf

I would suggest that you send Form 1023 recording the new passport details, plus ceritified copies of the bio pages in your new passports, and a covering letter. It would be an idea to include a copy of your acknowledgement letter as well so as to make it easy for them to match the new documents to your existing application.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks, Gill - you're a star! But are you sure you mean 1023? I did look up the form, and then wondered whether it ought to be 1022 instead, as the change is an update rather than correcting a mistake. I suppose it shouldn't really matter if there's a covering letter and the CO is on the ball - only we still don't have one of those!

Still thinking of ditching our agent - fees paid are nearly £4,000 so far and rising every time we send an e-mail. But IF we're about to get a CO any minute now, they'll presumably contact our agent, not us, so now doesn't seem a sensible time to start trying to disentangle ourselves.

We'll renew passports now anyway - we're aiming to do the NZ shuffle so that we can go out in December and at least be with the grandchildren for Christmas. But not having much of an idea of the eventual time-scale is really doing our heads in. It does help to know we're not alone, so thanks to everyone else sharing the agony.

Mary

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mary

Evelyn (Jewatt) dispensed with her Agent at about the same stage in the proceedings as you have reached.

If you want to take over the final processing yourselves, there is nothing much to it. Just complete Form 956:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956.pdf

Having completed it, scan it, save it as a .pdf file and then e-mail it to parents@immi.gov.au It takes about 24 hours for the POPC to react by processing Form 956 into their system and less time than that if you follow up your e-mail with a phone call.

I thought about whether one would use Form 1023 for new passport details or Form 1022. I came to the conclusion that it makes little or no difference, in fact. A new passport isn't really a "change of circumstances" but it doesn't make the original replies given incorrect either. It doesn't matter: the legislative requirement is only that the notification must be in writing. Legally, an ordinary letter would suffice so it doesn't matter how you communicate the details of your new passports.

Best wishes

Gill

Sorry ladies,

My lips are sealed until certain events conclude.

Then and only then will I un-zip!

L.L.

Hi Jean

Well I beat you both just had an e-mail this morning to say VISA GRANTED was I shocked as they would only have gotten the cheque last Friday so our CO didn't waste any time Phoned Rachael to tell her and you should have heard the squeals John doesn't know as he is at work will have the Champagne on ice for him getting home.

I am so pleased going out for lunch a BIG drink , have my hair done and LAUGH all the way.

It shouldn't be long for you both bet we all have them by the end of the week as there was just days in between Good Luck

I tried to post a Thread about it but wouldn't let me so I,m sure Tim will help me on that one

Thanks everyone for your support

Evelyn :yes:

Dont suppose your (ex)CO is female with a scottish sounding name and the initials VM ?

RACE....no contest ..I have a Zimmer in full racing trim

LL - got your VISA???? GOod on ya! Where u going to live out here?

G'day,

The grant was notified by our agent in an email when I looked at our 7am today.

Where will we go.....correct answer at this stage is...... dont know! BUT it will be within reasonable driving distance of Sydney.

Looked as far north as Coffs Harbor and south as far as Wollongong.

We have a couple of places in mind, but favoured place is a bit far north to allow the Kidz to drive up after work on Friday's and would mean leaving earlyish on Sundays.

And as the main idea in our Aussie adventure is to be near our daughter...( and grandchild(ren) if it ever happens!))

I think we need to cater for their work and lifestyle as well as our own.

Will keep you posted.

L.L>

LL - Have your got your visa already? That's not fair if you have. You must have cheated!

Jean...... what do you mean cheat! Me, I just hope my fiance in POPC does not hear you say that.

BUT, when I tell you about the Kettle, the iron and the ironing board, - I will add to it, CPV - the conclusion.:biglaugh:

Guest OldiesRUs

Congratulations LL!! Not in the least bit jealous.

We are heading for Wollongong (Illawarra) region as that is where our son and grandson are. Like you, that's why we are going, so makes sense to live within striking distance.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello LL

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! It is really good to see people getting their visas and coming out of the horrible limbo period.

Evelyn (Jewatt) rang me a little earlier. She is having problems with access to Poms in Oz at the minute. If we send her e-mails via the forum she is able to get them into her ordinary e-mail account but she cannot access the message boards on PiO. We think maybe the security settings in her PC need adjusting but neither of us knows what to do so Evelyn is going to ask her hubby about it this evening.

Anyhow, I told Evelyn your good news. She asked me to pass on her congratulations and best wishes. She also says to tell you that their CO was a girl with a Scottish surname and the initials VM.

Well done again!

Best wishes

Gill

Hi All, congrats on getting your visas wonderful news:jiggy: My inlaws have recieved pre grant email today requesting 2nd vac. They are so happy and we cant wait for them to get here and enjoy spending time with us and their grandkids and great grandkids, good luck to all who are still waiting your turn will come

love to all Ann xxx

She also says to tell you that their CO was a girl with a Scottish surname and the initials VM.

Hi All,

Thanks Gill, if my OH ever does a runner.... I will ask you to take her place, coz you are so efficient and organised - I will always be able to find my socks in pairs!

Its not as though the jobs done and we drift off never to post again...... I thinks some of us CPV veterans can add some facts to the newbies coming along and who will have it even tougher than the Class of 07/08.

At this time and stage in the process...thanks to all the guys and gals who un-stinting give up valuable free time to help others on here .. including the retarded ones like me with the attention span of........ mmm errr whats the name of that fish again?

BUT... we still need to resolves house selling and containers and... ...typical...Emerates are about to cancel the added baggage allowance for emigrants.

But as we will go Business.... who cares! :cool:

PS, VM is OK, resolved a couple of issues for us without blinking! Sound as a pound.....

Archived