contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Guest amygirl

Hi All, Thanks so much for the info re certification of certain documents, yes I will get a solicitor to do the deed and be done with it. I have booked meds and X Ray and all forms are now completed. it has been just over a year now since the first application papers were submitted, so hopefully it will not take too much longer now.

I must just say that this website is absolutely brilliant and has given me so much help.

:spinny:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gliddon

Thanks for responses - it does help to know we're not the only ones. We're now seriously considering ditching our agent and continuing alone, but we'll probably wait to see if we get a case officer in the next couple of weeks (It's now 8 weeks and counting since agent said she was expecting to hear in 6 weeks.) The last straw was this week, when we got a bill for £60 and worked out that it was for the exchange of e-mails when we had to query a mistake - the agent had told us she had NOT received some paperwork, when what she meant was that she had NOW received it! The mistake itself was annoying enough, but to charge us for admitting that it was a mistake is really adding insult to injury. I don't mind paying top-whack professional fees if it's for a top-whack professional service, but that's not what we're getting - it's feeling more and more like a rip-off.

Still, our application was lodged OK, and we've sent off medicals, police checks and the dreaded Form 80, so it's not as if things haven't been done - just that we might as well have done it all ourselves. I'm only sad we discovered this site so late in the process, because it's brilliant. Wish we'd known earlier about the option to go early and hop to NZ to validate; we'd probably be there now, but there seems no point at this stage.

Best wishes to everyone else counting the days.

Mary.

Guest boz8@absamail.co.za
Just to let you all know that the processing of visas is really still going on. My son and his wife informed us today that we have been issued with a case officer. We applied June 2007. They are acting as our agent in aus so all info goes to them first.thumbsup.gif

There is light at the end of the tunnel :jiggy:

Hi I am 67 years old. My son and grandchildren live in Sydney - my other 3 children live in NY and Johannesburg.

How did you go about finding out what you needed to do to apply for migration to Australia? I am having difficulty in locating such information on the Website

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi I am 67 years old. My son and grandchildren live in Sydney - my other 3 children live in NY and Johannesburg.

How did you go about finding out what you needed to do to apply for migration to Australia? I am having difficulty in locating such information on the Website

Hello Boz

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Two out of your four children would need to be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents, and would need to live in Australia, in order for you to become eligible for a Parent or Contributory Parent Visa. What are the chances that a second child will opt to migrate to Australia?

If that is a possibility, the stuff about Parent migration is here:

Family - Visas & Immigration

Parent Migration Booklet

If Parent migration is out of the question, the next thing to consider is whether you could afford a subclass 405 Investor Retirement visa instead:

Investor Retirement (Subclass 405)

If that is no good because you are as poor as a churchmouse and are financially dependent on your son in Oz plus you are single, Aged Dependent Relative might not be impossible:

Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 114)

Other Family Migration Booklet

If none of the above is viable, I think DIAC tend to be quite good about letting Parents make a 12 month visit to Oz on a long stay tourist visa:

Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)

However, they do not like the idea of people using repeated long stay tourist visas in order to "live" in Australia, you would find. They expect you to have a permanent home somewhere else and to leave Australia when your 12 month visit is over.

Sure you can then apply to make another visit, but you have to play that by ear.

I've heard it said that some parents become Students all over again, in order to get longer stays in Oz plus limited work rights whilst there:

Students - Visas & Immigration

These can be a springboard to permanent migration, almost regardless of age, if you use the time in Oz to buy into or establish a successful business in Oz:

Established Business in Australia (Subclass 845)

All that I know about the above idea is that some Agents suggest it. I'm not a migration agent so I don't know anything about this route in detail.

DIAC have just put a new tool on their website, called the Visa Wizard. It would be worth having a go with that to see whether you can find anything else:

Australian Visa wizard - Visas & Immigration

Their Home Page is here:

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

The Information Booklets are normally quite good but they do not cover the whole range of visas:

Information Forms and Booklets - Applications & Forms - Visas & Immigration

Best wishes

Gill

Guest mamaduck

hi gill

just spent a rainy afternoon looking at all the messages about cpv's.its good to know you are out there to help us.My daughter has been in australia for 10 years and as we are heading for retirement want join her and the grandchildren,I am working and I would like to continue working as a nurse once I am there.we have been advised to apply for a cpv, we meet the balance of family requirements.I have been in touch with an agent but they do cost a lot of money.

I thought we would apply for the temporary cpv as this would give us chance to save for the rest of the application fee or until our house is sold.

Is this the right thing to do or is it better to apply for the permanant cpv? also should I use an agent?

Guest Gollywobbler
hi gill

just spent a rainy afternoon looking at all the messages about cpv's.its good to know you are out there to help us.My daughter has been in australia for 10 years and as we are heading for retirement want join her and the grandchildren,I am working and I would like to continue working as a nurse once I am there.we have been advised to apply for a cpv, we meet the balance of family requirements.I have been in touch with an agent but they do cost a lot of money.

I thought we would apply for the temporary cpv as this would give us chance to save for the rest of the application fee or until our house is sold.

Is this the right thing to do or is it better to apply for the permanant cpv? also should I use an agent?

Hello Mamaduck

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

This is not a rude question, Mama. How old are you, please? If you are over 60 then a CPV probably is the best option, and you would have full work rights when you get to Oz. (You would need to register with the nursing authorities in your State, but I don't know whether you would have to register with the ANMC as well. However, that is a bridge you can cross whilst the CPV application is under way, so I wouldn't worry about the nursing registration element for the time being.)

Ian Harrop charges about £1,500 + VAT for a CPV application.

Registered Australian Migration Agents, UK - Ian Harrop and Associates

Go Matilda don't quote their fees on their website but I think they charge a bit less for a CPV.

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Visa, Tax, and Financial Planning for Australia

When sterling is strong against the Oz dollar, it is often worth getting fee quotes from Agents in Oz but I haven't checked the exchange rate lately so I don't know what it is doing:

Bird Australian Migration Agency

However if your application is straightforward (which it is for most British Parents) there is no reason why you can't do the whole thing on your own. I'm pretty sure that I came across some DIAC stats saying that 53% of CPV applications are done by the applicants, without an Agent.

Since your daughter has been in Oz for 10 years, I think we can safely assume that she is going to stay there, don't you?! How sure are you that you want to make Oz your permanent home? If you are sure that you do, the great majority of CPV applicants do not bother with the two-stage process:

Media Release: Capping of Contributory Parent category visas

The DIAC website burbles happily that the application form for the temp to permanent CPV upgrade is shorter than the one for the CPV 173 & 143. Yep, well. Only about 6 pages shorter!

There can be income tax advantages in temporary residency to start with. Apparently you can claim the full rate of Personal Allowances in both countries assuming that you have taxable income in both countries. Also if you retain a property in the UK and rent it out, there can be a tax-perk with that too.

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

However, you don't get the local perks like the first home owner's grant out in Oz ($7,000) and the stamp duty relief which is available to PRs buying their first home in Oz, plus you would need FIRB consent for the purchase:

FIRB: Foreign Investment Review Board - Home

The main risk, though, is that you could run into problems at the Assurance of Support stage if the prospective Assurer has, say, lost his/her job before the AoS can be given, or has died. There are a few people in Oz who will give an AoS for a CPV on a commercial basis, but in the quote I saw last year the prospective Assurer wanted $18,000 for his own fees for assuring a CPV applicant couple.

Do you intend to apply for the CPV before you retire? As things stand at the moment, I reckon that processing times for CPVs will become not less than 18 months and could be up to 24 months or so unless they increase the quota again.

Whether you apply for the 173 or the 143, the 2nd Instalment is the very last step in the process before granting the visa, and the POPC are willing to consider extensions of time if a house is taking ages to sell.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest mamaduck

thanks for replying and no it is not a rude question I am 55,I did ring a nursing agency and I could get work and be sponsered by a hospital for 4 years but I am not altogether sure if I can apply for the cpv during that time.I thought I would start the process in January and it would be ok if it take 2 years I would still be in work and my house would be still up for sale as it is now.If it does sell within the two years am I right in thinking we could go on a tourist visa for twelve months and leave australia for I dont know how long and then renew it.

I really want to be able to look after my grandchildren and assist my daughter in returning to work that is why I am reluctant to get sponsership.

The other issue we may have is that my husband had two stents fitted in his heart,he is fit and well now and having trawled through pominoz I dont think it will be a major problem but of course it is a worry especially when you have to shell out a lot of money to begin with with a chance that we might be refused.

Thankyou for the advice on using a agent as we both work it may be a good idea to use one so that I dont forget anything.there are so many agents out there it is hard to know who to trust with your money so thanks for the recomendation.

Ihave had lots of sleepless nights about all this but ultimately I want to be with my daughter.

regards

maria

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Maria

Thanks for your reply above.

Don’t worry about Hubby’s stents. As long as he is now well again, they won’t prevent him from getting PR in Oz.

Gosh! A 55 year old nurse! You may have several more visa options than you think, Mama!

I hear you about the idea that you want to be with your grandchildren so that your daughter can return to work. OK, let’s go with the various possibilities. I will split this into two or three replies to make it all easier to follow, plus the forum software only permits 8,000 characters in a reply but you need quite a bit more help than that.

Option 1

You apply for a CPV pretty promptly. You can have any of a number of other visas whilst you wait for that. The grant of the CPVs would automatically cancel any temporary visa that you might hold at the time. The CPV application is your “insurance policy” in as much as that will definitely be granted sooner or later as long as you are both reasonably healthy and you meet the balance of family test. If you can get a CPV application to the POPC (Perth Offshore Parents Centre) by no later than Friday 24th October 2008, you would save a bit of money:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

So it might be well worth getting the ball rolling on that. Unless they increase the CPV quota again next year, my instinct at the moment is that a CPV applied for in October 2008 will not see a visa grant until some time in the second half of 2010, but that is just instinct. The next lot of reliable figures will not be published till December 2008.

You then sell your house.

In the meantime, Hubby applies for a Student Visa. What he studies won’t matter because he won’t need it as a route to any other visa. Obviously he would be expected to attend College. He need not do a paid job as well if he doesn’t want to. If he does want to then he would be allowed to do paid work for 20 hours a week during term-time. In the vacations he can do unlimited hours, and on both job-fronts, he can work at whatever he likes. This visa would permit you to be in Oz from 12 weeks before the course starts until 2 months after it ends. The courses start at the end of January or the end of July each year – they usually have 2 course-starts a year.

Realistically, you would look for a course starting around 22nd July 2009, I suggest.

The courses are quite pricey depending on what one studies, because you would be paying international student rates for it. $13,000 AUD for a year is a reasonable guess at the cost of the course.

As the Student’s wife, you need not study and you need not work if you don’t want to. If you want to work you would only be allowed to do paid work for a maximum of 20 hours a week (less if you prefer) throughout the life of the student visa. However I would think you would be able to get a part time nursing job if you wish, and of course it would put you in the right place plus give you plenty of time to look after your grandcubs.

I would think that most Aussie employers, told about the CPV application and that the Student visa is a fort-holding measure only, would be OK about employing one or both of you.

George Lombard is a first rate migration agent in Sydney and George has arranged a fair few Student visas for CPV applicants, so he is the guy to ask about this. Send him an e-mail, I suggest, and say that Gollywobbler recommended asking about this and dovetailing it with a CPV application:

Visa Info | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

Don’t worry too much about the details of Student Visas at the minute. Let us, instead, find out what your preferred game plan would be.

My feeling is that this is the option which might suit you best, given that you have said that you would want to continue to work once you get to Oz on your CPVs.

The CPV 173 and 143 are both “offshore visas”, meaning that both you and Hubby would need to be outside Oz when they are granted. However, as mentioned in my first reply to you, a week in Bali or Fiji would suffice for this purpose.

Continued/.....

Guest Gollywobbler

Continuation/....

Option 2

You apply for a CPV as above. Then you sell your house. Then you go out to Oz on a subclass 676 long stay tourist visa. Once the CPV application is made, DIAC will let you have a 12 month stay in Oz if you wish:

Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)

Very recently they seem to have made a policy decision to stop imposing Condition 8503 on 676 visas when they know that a CPV application is under way. Therefore even if the 12 months expires before the POPC are ready to grant the CPV, you would be able to make an onshore application for another 676 visa. If they impose Condition 8503, no sweat because you would just nip to Auckland, Fiji, Singapore or Bali for a few days in order to get another one.

However neither of you would be allowed to do paid work on a 676 visa, so you would need to be sure that you would not be wasting too much capital. A Student visa might be a better way to defray overall costs?

Also, the Student visa would enable you to keep nursing so that you would not have a longish career break before going back to nursing once your CPVs have been granted.

Option 3

You apply for a CPV either as above or you wait a while before applying, as you prefer.

In the meantime, you apply for the subclass 457 visa which the nursing agency mentioned to you. There is no upper age limit on these and they are so desperate for nurses in Oz that DIAC would be very unlikely to baulk.

This involves more of a rigmarole, which is why you might not want to tackle a CPV application at the same time:

First you would need to get your skills assessed by the ANMC:

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

The visa details are here:

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

Sponsoring a Temporary Overseas Employee to Australia

On this visa, as the main visa holder you would be required to work as a nurse for not less than 38 hours a week. On the other hand, Hubby could work full time as well if he wants to and can do whatever he likes.

The ANMC can be very slow I have heard. 3-4 months. If a competent agent then deals with the visa application, however, that should come through very quickly.

You would get your house on the market in the meantime.

However if you don’t want to be chained to working hospital shifts or whatever, then I agree that this option might not suit you.

It is not impossible, though, that if you apply for a 457 promptly, and the hospital is later agreeable, an ENS 856 visa might become possible for you. This would give you PR in Australia as a skilled migrant, which would enable you to save all the capital costs of a PV. There is a potential age exemption with the ENS visa:

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

They are so desperate for nurses that this could be a possibility.

There are various other possible permutations but I think that you would do better to speak with some migration agents on the phone next.

What you find with Agents is that not many have a good enough knowledge of ALL the visa possibilities in a situation like yours, so unless you join the forums and get some recommendations, you are taking total pot luck with whoever you contact. Also, even with the Agents who have stacks of experience and a very wide knowledge, the ones outside Oz often do not have that much recent experience of DIAC’s attitude to onshore applications, which an ENS 856 or RSMS 857 application would be.

Also, it depends what visas you might feel you want. For example, if you wanted to start with the possibility of an interim student visa first, then in your shoes I would speak with George Lombard first:

Visa Info | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

If you are not keen on the Student visa idea, but you would be interested in the 457 followed by either an ENS or an RSMS visa, either Alan Collett of Go Matilda or George would be able to advise, but it probably would need to be Alan rather than one of his staff:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

My own feeling is that one of Alan or George would be the best person to advise you about the possibilities. You would probably find that they might offer differing advice, which is not uncommon because the Agent’s particular experience, temperament and so forth tends to influence which thoughts he would favour after asking you what you want.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest mamaduck

Hi Gill

your brilliant I am going to get my daughter to look at your message there is so much to think about.I will get in touch with the agents you have suggested.I dont think my husband would be to keen on being a student.thanks for everything.I have another question but unfortunately duty calls!

will get backto you.

regards

Maria

Hi Maria, we made the decision to not use an agent for our visa application and whether that's the right one is too soon to tell. We hope to have a case officer in the next 3 months or so. Gill gives fantastic advice and I have printed and kept bits of her previous advice because you can't better the knowledge of someone who has done it all (successfully) before. However, the main point of this post is that if you do decide to go down the cpv route even if you use an agent, a great deal of the leg work has to be done by you. We found the worst part was gathering all the documents required together. We had to apply for birth certificates for some of our parents as we didn't have anyone left in the family who was able to tell us these details. A quick tip here if you have this problem: I took advantage of 2 weeks free membership of a genealogical website and found all the details I needed about our parents, ie year and place of birth, where registered, folio no etc. If you don't have any of this information you have to pay additional search fees. You still have to get all the certification done so it seemed a short step to me to then complete the form ourselves and send it off. I made a copy of the form and did a trial run before I committed myself to the final thing. I then copied the whole package and off it went. I believe that it's given a quick once over for obvious errors, such as not including payment, when it arrives in Perth before entering the queue for a case officer. I dispatched ours last October and it was received on 13th November. Then the long wait began. We are not in any great hurry though so we are fairly patient.

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do. If I can be of any help please do contact me.

Cathy

Guest mamaduck

hi Cathy

thankyou so much for replying to my message this seems such a friendly site,what is it they say a trouble shared is a trouble halfed.

You say you needed information about your parents,I did not realise that they needed so much information do they also need to know about my brothers and sisters? I think I better print off the forms to see what I need exactly.Did you say that you completed a set of forms first and go over the information before completing the documents you actually sent off?So the agent do they only check the information you provide?

Gill adviced me to start application before october as the fees are about to rise.

I will register with the site you recomened I do know my parents dates of birth and which county they were born but do they need the specfic area.As in by mums case she was born in Glasgow but I dont know where the birth was registered.

Cathy do you also know what happens with our state pensions when we are in australia I have read that it is not indexed linked so it never rises.

Regards

Maria

Gill has adv

Guest mamaduck

hi gill

I read your e mail properly tonight,and looked at the ENS856 my profession would count ,obviously thats if the employer liked me and wanted to keep me on I could apply, I still feel I have a lot to offer from the nursing side of things and dont feel 55.I was offered a job in Darwin in my speciality when I went out for the birth of my grandaughter,My daughters husband is in the australian army and they are moving back to Darwin for three years.I looked at the visa site and my registration would still count if I am over 55 for PR. I would have to work for them for at least two years before they might consider me.Do you think its worth a try? I will get in touch with that agent you recommend.

Regards

Maria

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Maria

Are you planning to move to Darwin for as long as your daughter lives there?

If so, then if the hospital in Darwin is agreeable, it might be possible to get you a PR visa straightaway, either under the offshore ENS 121 visa or more likely under the RSMS 119 visa, the latter because Darwin is in regional Australia, and DIAC are more willing to make exceptions for people willing to go to the regions (especially Darwin & Tasmania) than they are with the ENS visa for someone who wants to live and work in, say, Brisbane.

In Looking at your eligibility for each of the ENS and the RSMS visas, you need to look at 2 pages for each one:

ENS 121/856:

Note that you need to have only ONE of the following under your belt:

2 years on a 457

OR

A huge salary package

OR

A positive skills assessment and at least 3 years' full time experience in whatever sort of nursing you do.

You can fit the third option so you are OK on skills.

Ordinarily you would also need to be under 45, but an age exception is potentially possible:

Because you are 55, you would have to fulfil all 3 of the requirements in the bottom box. I think DIAC might well baulk, although the fact that you are willing to live inn Darwin might help.

RSMS 119/857

Same exercise as above. First let us examine the main requirements:

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

The main thing is that the hospital would have to offer you a contract for a fixed term of at least two years, or make an open-ended offer of a permanent job.

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

Again looking at the bottom box of the age exemption section, with the RSMS visa you only have to be able to satisfy one of the 3 requirements, not all 3. Sure, if you were 59 then it would be easy for DIAC to argue that you are so close to the cut-off that you must satisfy all 3. At the bottom end of the 55-60 age spectrum, obviously there is more flexibility.

That said, the hospitals do seem to like getting nurses in on 457 visas to start with. Partly it is because the visa can be processed quickly. Partly it is because they want a trial period before offering a longer term or permanent job. Partly it is just plain because they have insufficient knowledge of visa regulations and so on.

Even if they ‘stick’ on the idea of a 457 to start with, though, it might be possible to say that they must support you for an ENS or RSMS visa after, say, a six month trial period only.

The best thing would be to ask Alan & George (I’d ask both) how feasible it would be to try to get PR for you via the skilled route rather than the CPV route. I can’t judge that question because I have no experience of trying to convince DIAC of anything in a situation like yours, but Alan & George are both likely to have hands on experience of trying the idea.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest JoanneHattersley

Update post: I had a message from Smiley Grandmas son. She was waiting to board her flight at London Heathrow and was on her way!!!

Any more CPV updates? Mum and Dad are looking at 18-25 October as potential dates.

Guest mamaduck

hi Gill

My daughter is going to be in Darwin for at least three years and we love the place having been there twice before she has also thought of buying a house in Darwin.I am going out to Darwin in March as I am going to be a grandma again so I will make contact with the hospital,I looked on the ageny site and there is a job in my speciality.My daughter has also worked at this hospital as a echocardiogram technician,and she hopes to return to the work there when she returns.Its all very exciting but scary as I have been a nurse here for so long.They will only pay me at a lower level at first because they are unsure of my skills,but you cant have it all can you,and I will have to work fulltime but at least I will be in the same country.

If they did not give me PR would I have to return to England and apply for CPV here,my fear is that I get there and 6months 12 months down the road they will not entertain PR.Will be speaking to my daughter today and agents on monday so I will keep you posted.Thankyou once again for your invaluable help you deserve an OBE.

Regards

Maria

Guest Gollywobbler

Morning, Maria

If they did not give me PR would I have to return to England and apply for CPV here, my fear is that I get there and 6 months or 12 months down the road they will not entertain PR.

You would not have to return to the UK in order to make the CPV application. You have to be outside Australia when the CPVs are granted but there is a good chance that you would not have to leave Australia in order to make the application. If you did have to be outside Australia at the time of the CPV application, all you would need do is to get a package holiday to Bali for a week.

The distance from Darwin to Bali is only 1,000, so probably 3 hours flight time in all and I expect there are direct flights from Darwin. (Whether you would need to go to Bali depends on whether something called Condition 8503 becomes involved but just forget Condition 8503 for the moment or you will get too bogged down in technicalities.)

It is perfectly legitimate to have applications for several different visas running concurrently. As long as you are willing to pay DIAC’s application fees for each visa (the 1st Instalment only in the case of a CPV application) you can apply for 6 different visas at the same time if you want to. DIAC would not penalise you in any way for doing nothing more than trying to establish whether or not you could get PR in Oz based on your skills rather than on the Balance of Family. If there is a chance of saving some $60,000+, DIAC would wonder why you do not want to try to do just that. They are not ogres!

The first thing to do is to ask the Agents whether or not an ENS 856 or RSMS 857 would be a realistic possibility at your age. The answer to that question will drive the remainder of your visa strategy. I don’t know how difficult it is to get skilled PR once the candidate is over 55. The Agents should be able to speak from first hand experience, I would think. If you were planning to move to downtown Sydney or Melbourne, I reckon the Agents would probably say, “Forget it. Too unlikely to succeed in a major conurbation where plenty of suitably qualified and experienced younger migrants would be willing to work.” However, your desire to move to Darwin might tip the scales in your favour on this question, I hope.

If the Agents think it would be worth a crack at the ENS or RSMS idea, you can insure the risk of DIAC eventually refusing to support that idea by applying for a Parent 103 or a Contributory Parent visa as well. There is no reason why you can’t apply for Parent migration before you do anything else, so as to get some progress going on that.

With the Parent 103 visa, you can apply for it at the outset but you can switch to the CPV later on without having to pay another application fee. If you upgrade to the CPV later, you are deemed to have applied for the CPV on the date when you actually applied for the PV 103. One point would need checking, which is whether the amount of the 2nd CPV instalment is fixed at the date when the switch is made or at the date when the PV 103 application was made. It would take 24 – 48 hours to get the answer to that question from the POPC. Just e-mail them on parents@immi.gov.au and ask. Their help is free and they respond fast.

I reckon that if you apply for a CPV before 24th October 2008 you would probably be looking at its being ready for Grant sometime between July & the end of December 2010. If they increase the quota of CPVs again in 2009 then the CPV might be ready before the end of June 2010 but at this stage there is no indication that the quota will be increased in two consecutive years. My instinct (but that is all it is) is that they will not re-visit the quota until 2010 but I could be wrong.

I don’t want to bog you down with any more information/detail at this stage because the next step is definitely to ask the agents whether or not the ENS/RSMS idea would be likely to prove viable on the day.

Best wishes

Gill

and you would have full work rights when you get to Oz.

Gill

Hi Gill,

Just spending a lazy Sunday blunting all the knives, hiding sharp objects and Pethadene in case we drop deeper into despair with the WAITING.... still no request for 2nd VAC!

Noticed the extract above in your reply, somewhere in the distant past I am sure I had been informed that CPV,s were limited to 20 hours per week.

If OH see's this - she will be printing off my CV by the bucket load! :sad:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lanky Lad

I regret to inform you that your OH can put your nose to the work grindstone for 100 hours a week if she wants to once you reach Oz as CPV holders.....:yes:

Retirement and Investor Retirement visa holders are restricted to 20 hours a week (and Students during term time.) However, a CPV holder can be sent straight to the coalface....:cool:

Best wishes

Gill

Guest missymon
Hi Gill,

Noticed the extract above in your reply, somewhere in the distant past I am sure I had been informed that CPV,s were limited to 20 hours per week.

If OH see's this - she will be printing off my CV by the bucket load! :sad:

Hi Lanky Lad,

As far as I know it is if you are going over on a student visa that you are limited to work 20 hours a week. I do hope so or we are really stuffed because I hope( and need to ) to work full time for quite a few years yet:unsure:

:-) Monica

Guest Gollywobbler
Update post: I had a message from Smiley Grandmas son. She was waiting to board her flight at London Heathrow and was on her way!!!

Any more CPV updates? Mum and Dad are looking at 18-25 October as potential dates.

Hi Jo

Please ask SGS to say howdy to Smiley Grandma for me? Hopefully she has had a comfortable journey and isn't too tired.

On the CPV front things seem to have slowed to a snail's crawl but nobody seems to know why. They are taking weeks after the AOS before asking for the 2nd Instalment and then weeks more before granting the visas.

The POPC told Alan Collett recently that they reckon they might well have allocated (got granted but earmarked) all 6,500 visas in the current batch by the end of September. However they are reserving the visas for people ages before they are ready to grant them.

Dunno - let us hope that their "new, streamlined processes" will become less rickety once they have had more time to bed in!

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Lanky Lad,

As far as I know it is if you are going over on a student visa that you are limited to work 20 hours a week. I do hope so or we are really stuffed because I hope( and need to ) to work full time for quite a few years yet:unsure:

:-) Monica

Hi Monica

No worries, lass. As soon as you get your own CPVs, Hubby will be able to send you straight to the coalface for 100 hours a week too. Lanky Lad will know the way to it by then, so he'll be able to lead you there as well.... :smile:

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

A couple of weeks ago the CPV Queue Calculator was giving 720 CPV 143 applications Queued on 30/06/08. It said 780 for 30/07/08. It now says 430 and 530 for each of those two dates.

For the CPV 173 it said 130 on 30/06/08 and 150 on 30/07/08. It now says 100 for 30/07/08.

So bit by bit they are working their way through the backlog of visas that needed to be granted as quickly as possible after 1st July 2008.

We need to remember as well that the POPC also looks after the Parent 103 visa, and they have had to try to grant 1,400 of those as quickly as possible after 1st July 2008 because the Parents waiting for those have been waiting forever already.

It looks like the onshore Aged Parent and Contributory Aged Parent visas for 2008/9 Grants have now been granted (they do get a bit of priority over the offshore Parents, but not much) with no more ready to be Queued yet in either category.

So the POPC are definitely ploughing their way through the backlog of Grants that needed to be made first as soon as the new batch of visas became available on 1st July 2008.

It is a ray of hope to brighten up a damp, grey, Sunday.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Jo & Mark,

Just wanted to update everyone that we paid our 2nd instalment last Sat should be with POPC early next week so its all going ahead.

We have to validate by 25th Dec due to the fact our meds etc had expired and unless like Gill and CO said we have them done again but have decided not to we will just come over to validate and come back again until the house sells lets hope this dreaded market picks up.

Rachael was overly excited as she thought we would be with them for Xmas but unfortunitly not with work commitments and the cost of flights its not possible but we are planning for early Nov. The good news is they are all moving to the Gold Coast about the same time so she is just as happy with that Mum to help clean the house and look after Callum and Dad to put up pictures and move furniture etc

Anyway for everyone still waiting it is moving we just have to have the PATIENCE to wait it out which is the hard bit.

Anyway Mark /Jo hope all is well with Mum, Dad and Marks Mum and get the kettle on we may take you up on the offer of that cuppa would be great to meet everyone

Take care everybody

Evelyn xx

Archived