contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to let you all know that the processing of visas is really still going on. My son and his wife informed us today that we have been issued with a case officer. We applied June 2007. They are acting as our agent in aus so all info goes to them first.thumbsup.gif

There is light at the end of the tunnel :jiggy:

Hi Smiley grandma just new to site,

We are in same boat lodged last June but had to have Medicals and Police checks done first to make sure it was OK to go ahead was told it would take 12 - 15mths to reach process got a shock last week when Daughter told us she had word to go to Centre Link for interview so medicals must still be OK once she has the interview and places the bond we will be asked for second payment as far as we know process still goes ahead and visa's are sent out once it opens again in July. Our agent is in Aus and we must have had our case worker for a few weeks and not told about it so you can imagine the PANIC:shocked:

So its all go we plan to put the house on the market and start to get organised as think it could all happen very quickly from now on.

Nice to know there are other older people going for it aswell a lot of people think we are barking mad to move at our age but why not what have we got to loose and probably plenty to gain.

Hope all goes well for you and will look out for further news, Wher are you hoping to settle we are going to gold Coast but daughter is in Sydney

Good Luck

Evelyn:smile:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi June

Brilliant news! I am so, SO pleased for you. The whole thing is working out so well for you that it is really heart-warming to hear this news.

Who will be going to Bali with you? YOu mentioned a plan for a family group visit?

Best wishes

Gill

xxx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Evelyn

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

It is super to hear your good news.

Do, please, keep in touch and let us know of your progress?

God luck with selling your house, too.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest JoanneHattersley

Evelyn....

You are not crazy to move at your age!!!!! Life is for living , right????!!!!

Good Luck with your VISA and the new life!

:cool:Thats great news you will soon be on your way think we will be not long behind you Daughter got interview on Monday as we fast tracked our Meds etc no need to do again all going well bond and final payment will be paid Hubby decided to get the house moving hope to have it on market next week let us all no when the big day is

Good Luck:smile:Evelyn

Thanks things are moving very fast now we have done enough thinking and what iffs . How are you enjoying Brisbane we are aiming for the Gold Coast around Runnaway Bay would appreciate any information you can offer, as daughter is in Sydney we will be doing all this on our own but going to do it stage at a time ,Accomodation , Car , Furniture ( we are not bringing any big stuff with us only personal effects good excuse to buy more) the jobs etc. Can you give me an idea of Cost Of living for 2 out there.I am not long back from a flying visit to Aus as daughter had to have op i noticed prices were going up a lot but thats Sydney prices.

You aer doing a great job sharing all your experiences i think everyone who is about to make the move will appreciate it .

Keep up the good work Evelyn

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hey there Evelyn,

Brissie is great. We came out over three years ago and went where the work was. Boy was it right for us! Brissie ticked all the boxes and then some! I am still with the same employer from when I started, that was great too!

Prices have gone up in the time we have been here. Cost of living is a hard question to answer as it all depends on property, available cash, what kind of lifestyle you are "hoping" to lead etc etc.

We bought all new furniture when we arrived. We went to "WOW" for out plasma tele, "Supa-A-Mart" for furniture and "Harvey Norman" for the electricals. Wouldnt like to add it all up what we spent!!!!!

Cant offer any info at the moment on Runaway Bay. Sorry =( You will probably get more sense out of the internet than from me!!!

GOod Luck and keep us all posted!

Guest Ann H

Hi all, just had email from inlaws co requesting assurance of support to be done, when confirmed by centrelink she will ask for second vac!!:jiggy::spinny: So pleased for them the wait is nearly over. The application was lodged 25th May 07, meds sent to Sydney 30th April 08

hang in there all you great people waiting it will be your turn soon:jiggy:

love Ann

Guest OldiesRUs

hang in there all you great people waiting it will be your turn soon:jiggy:

love Ann

Don't want to hang on in there, I want to go and I want to go NOW ....... stamps feet, throws self on floor kicking and screaming and full on tantrum!!!!!!!

Oooh, that feels SO much better.

Jean:wubclub:

Guest amygirl

Hi again Jean, Oh dear-------a nice bottle of Aussie red is a much better soother than a tantrum !!! Lets hope that we will all be drinking the aforementioned in Aus very soon. Gill

Hello All.

It was suggested I join you all here as I am in a similar situation but definitely at the back of the queue. Just completed CPV application today and waiting on form from son so I can get everything off before 30th June and beat any increase in charges!

My only child has been in Oz since January 2005, got married in 2006 and gave me a gorgeous granddaughter (Indie Rose) last July. (Born at 7 past 7 on 7/7/07 so hopefully that should be lucky!)

Good to see progress for many and hopefully many more of you will get good news this July. I'll be very lucky if I get it next July (2009) but will look forward to watching your news.

The sooner you all get there then the sooner I will!

Hello Gill, I have just looked through this thread and seen that you are guru of all things CPV! Could i pick your brains a bit more about the AOS please. I want to know if you have to submit AOS forms with the application (Form 47PA) and sponsorship forms (Form 40) as I have these all prepared now for my parents but haven't really been able to find out much info on how/where you get the AOS forms and if i need to send them in at the same time as the original application. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Donna

Hi Gill, RE: My last posting, I have just been reading through all your very detailed previous posts and have found my answers! So thank you very much for that. On reading through though, another question arose regarding the form 80. Do we need to send that with form 47PA and Form 40, i quickly looked through the Form 80 and it seems to cover the same family details as in form 47PA. I don't want to give them any reason to reject our application, by the way, i am the daughter, am in Sydney and have just about got everything together ready for posting before June 30th! Any advice gratefully received. kind regards, Donna

Lizg, we will be just behind you then, hope we can make it into the 08/09 batch by the skin of our teeth maybe!! Donna

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Cookiecat, Hi Lizg

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

There is no requirement to submit Form 80 at the same time as the application, hence it is not on the checklist. However it is a lengthy form which repeats a lot of the questions in Form 47PA. DIAC check to see whether the answers given are the same in both forms.... Ergo common-sense is to complete both at the same time, or at least to keep a complete photocopy record of everything sent to DIAC (except, of course, where you hold the original documents.)

With Mum's application - with me in the UK, my sister in Oz and Mum shuttling between us - we deicded to keep 2 master copies of the file, one with Elaine and one with me. Mum being neurotic about keeping things like her marriage certificate in the Bank, we decided just to keep two compete photocpy records of everything sent to DIAC or received from them.

The DIAC website says, "You may be asked to produce Form 80....." I thought, "Nit-picking nonsense. Surely they don't want this from an old dear of 85?" so I ignored it.

Big mistake! Oh yes they did want it and worse was to come. Mum was one of 10 siblings of whom only the three youngest remain, all in their 80s. I've no idea about the details of their spouses, dates of birth, dates of death etc. When I did the first draft of Form 47PA, Mum was in the UK with me. She was vague about the various dates and I concluded that she did not know, so I got my two aunts on the phone as well.

Every query elicited three conflicting answers. Aunt Poppy seemed the most certain out of the three so I decided to acept her answers, thinking "I am NOT going to waste a mint obtaining birth & death certificates for this lot, nor am I prepared to spend hours on the phone grilling my many cousins in the UK, USA and Australia in order to get details of the dates for each of their parents. The dead do not apply for Australian visas so common-sense will just have to prevail."

8 months later, Mum's CO sent Form 80 and by then Mum was out in Perth with my sister Elaine. I had an extremely ratty phone call from Elaine, huffing, "Mother says half the details in Form 47PA are wrong!!!! NOW WHAT????!!!"

Practical commonsense in this situation with Mum is to lose her from the proceedings! She has never driven a car but she thinks that driving one is a committee effort (very dangerous) and she is just as bad about form filling. Eventually Elaine was persuaded that the sibling details in Form 47PA were approximately right and since they are all dead anyway there is no earthly point in worrying about it. The overriding concern was just to make sure that the wretched dates tallied in both forms and to list the survivors at the top of the form, get them right and hope for the best with the rest. Plus GET RID OF MUM WHILST YOU DO IT!

I was very tempted to be very sarcastic in Form 80 when it demanded the addresses of the dead siblings. An Australian solicitor who is a buddy of mine persuaded me not to be a "Pommie comedian" about those, however! He said, "Now, now, Gill. Just put "deceased" and leave it at that, OK?!" I have zilch patience with unnecessary bureaucracy at the best of times so my blood pressure rose by many degrees that particular day!

We probably worried far more about it than was necessary but it was a complete and utter pain to have to deal with it at all several months after we had thought that the "form filing phase" of the endeavour was over and done with.

More recently I decided to investigate the possibility of Australian Citizenship for Mum once she becomes eligible to apply later this year. Stone me! Yet more blinking forms and at a quick glance it looks like they want 2/3 of the same details all over again. I shut the Citizenship website down smartly and I can now understand why Elaine is dubious about a Citizenship application for Mum!

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Cookiecat

For now, all that is needed is to be aware of the AoS bumph and in particular, be aware that the Assurer will be means-tested by Centrelink.

The AoS process kicks off with a letter from the CO asking for the Assurance of Suport to be put into place. The Assurer then makes an appointment to be interviewd by Centrelink and the original of the CO's letter, signed by the CO, must be produced to the Centrelink officer, so Centrelink in Perth told my sister.

So there is nothing to do on the AOS for the minute apart from awareness.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

DIAC have announced the fees for Contributory Parent Visa applications for the year commeciing 1st Huly 2008.

The 1st Instalment is rising by $30, from $1,390 to $1,420 This covers both Parents in a joint CPV application.

The 2nd Instalment is currently $31,550 per parent and this has been frozen for 2008/9, so it will remain at $31,555 each.

This is a very welcome measure which will really take all the pressure off families hurrying to try to submit applications before 30th June 2008.

My thanks to George Lombard, Registered Migration Agent, of Austlimmigration in Sydney for providing this information as soon as it was released yesterday. George's website is here:

Welcome to Austimmigration | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

Best wishes

Gill

This is excellent news, especially if we miss the 30th June deadline. Will still aim for it if I can make it and think of something to spend the 30 dollars saving on. A couple of bottles of Aussie Yellow Tail red maybe??

Hi Gill, Thank you very much for your response re: form 80. I have every intention of keeping 2 x copies of everything, just in case they call mum up and she wouldn't have a clue about what I have filled in! I think I will fill one in just in case, as, like you say, to get the form filling in bit over and done with and then we can just 'enjoy' the very loooonnnngggg wait!!! My OH and I can go for our citizenship in Feb, more forms and lots of reading material, we just got the citizenship booklet delivered the other day, then maybe we can just get on with our lives! Great to hear all your stories and info regarding CPV's and exciting as well, after 5 years of 3 negative TRA attempts and nearly giving up on the whole idea, in the end we had 2 months to leave UK and get to Sydney, we didn't have time for excitement, it was instant panic!! All well worth it though. Well, i'm now off to the local JP to get mum's paperwork certified!! Take care, Donna.

• 2 weeks later...

I see your news and now we are getting a little puzzled.

We were also acknowledged on 25/05/07

CO notice in 20th March 08

.... everything except meds frontloaded.

Did meds in Manchester 01/04/08 ..Dr millions said meds could take 12 weeks in Sydney????

Nothing heard since...

Just wonder if i have missed something in the timeline we have other acknowledged at or around same dates.

Lanky lad

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Lanky Lad

How are you? You’ve been very quiet lately so I’ve been wondering for the last few days whether you are OK. Good to hear from you again.

If your meds are OK, DIAC don’t say any more about them unless you ask. I’ve heard that the Health Operations Centre in Sydney are taking 4-6 weeks at present, once the meds have reached them. Somebody said that their Agent told them 6-8 weeks but I think teh Agent probably added a couple of weeks to prevent people from worrying.

There are 3 ways to find out whether your meds have been cleared. Options are:

Ask your CO to check the database.

Ask the HOC instead:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/processing-centres/hoc-sydney.htm

Use the on-line enquiry form. That system now seems to be working OK after teething problems when they first set it up.

Ask the AHC in London instead. If you ring them they ahve a good Helpdesk who have access to the same database as your CO and the HOC. The canned message is very short so you can get through to a human and get your query answered for a maximum of £10 but have your acknowledgement letter and your passports handy when you ring them. Otherwise e-mail them via their own on-line form:

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Visas%5fand%5fMigration.html

Click on Contact Us.

(Check the details for evidencing your visas as well and maybe save it to Favourites because you will need the address etc so as to get the visa labels into your passports, I siggest.)

DIAC have a fetching belief that since they are not worried about your meds once the database says they are OK, it somehow “must follow” that the visa applicant isn’t bothered about them either!

It turns out that the Australian National Audit Office audited DIAC’s Administration of the Health Requirement for Migration in late 2006/early 2007:

http://www.anao.gov.au/uploads/documents/2006-07_Audit_Report_37.pdf

It is a report of an utter shambles if you ask me! Please see Page 90. They may not be your meds at all, my old son......

Best wishes

Gill

Guest smileygrandma's son in Oz
I see your news and now we are getting a little puzzled.

We were also acknowledged on 25/05/07

CO notice in 20th March 08

.... everything except meds frontloaded.

Did meds in Manchester 01/04/08 ..Dr millions said meds could take 12 weeks in Sydney????

Nothing heard since...

Just wonder if i have missed something in the timeline we have other acknowledged at or around same dates.

Lanky lad

Hi, Have you been asked for your second installment? With my parents I acted on there behalf, and everything was done via email so it cuts out waiting for tha post man, It may depend on your case officer how fast or how much work load she has. Email your case officer or ring check how things are going, we did. Our case officer is always happy to answer our questions, I feel it sped things up, I asked her via email if there was anything else I needed she replied straight away and said we needed form 80, so my parents filled it out and emailed it straight away. so who knows how long it would of taken her to get intouch with me if I had'nt of asked. sorry reply a bit long winded I tent to do that. all the best.

Hi' date=' Have you been asked for your second installment? With my parents I acted on there behalf, and everything was done via email so it cuts out waiting for tha post man, It may depend on your case officer how fast or how much work load she has. Email your case officer or ring check how things are going, we did. Our case officer is always happy to answer our questions, I feel it sped things up, I asked her via email if there was anything else I needed she replied straight away and said we needed form 80, so my parents filled it out and emailed it straight away. so who knows how long it would of taken her to get intouch with me if I had'nt of asked. sorry reply a bit long winded I tent to do that. all the best.[/quote']

Hi,

Its as i wrot eabove...heard nothing since the meds. Dr Millions was away for 2 weeks on the day we did the meds..so I f I had 2 weeks to his statement that the meds take 12 weeks in Sydney, its round about mid July!

We are waiting next stages which is the AOS and visa fee's.

So far we did not worry too much, house not selling so there was no panic.

Finally had a viewer who made an offer. And our house valued at £325K last May -is apparently now worth £280K - so we accepted ! After all whats £45k :arghh:

Now we are hoping that we can look for a flight around october...or sooner ...or wait for the next kick in the groin - when we expect the smart a**e buyer to make a demand for a reduction!

Thanks for your suggestions, will phone or email CO and get an update.

Cheers

L.L.

Hi Gill,

See below for mi comments.

Me quiet....! I've been in a state of deep shock and severe mental trauma for a number of weeks.

I cannot sleep at nights, I pace up and down in front of my computer. I reach out to use the mouse and my hand shakes so much I cannot control it.

Finally I had to goto see my padre and he aked if I could tell him my problems.

Well, I finally broke down and.....sorry for this Gill..I am not easily given to tearful out bursts..but I became inconsolable.

The padre sent for a grief councilor and this caused me even more trouble.

I could hardly speak and only manged to say a few words before breaking into an uncontrollable sobbing.

The padre and the councilor tried so hard to understand me and between my sobbing I heard him this...... I think he has been *(*&(*&(*798798(*&*89 .....The padre gasped and crossed himself 6 times with a silent prayer.......

I looked at him and becoming calm I said ....No padre...its OK...you can use the proper words...this is Poms in Oz

so he looked at the councilor and said .... this prat has been BANNED from BE ( Blinking exPrats)

for posting in stupid spoof posts!

Not recovered yet, still having withdrawel symtoms. Doctor say it could be .... months or years before I am Ok again. ( sob)

This and re-building mi garden to remove paving and gravel to put in grass ...to make it family friendly for sale.....kept me busy!"

Thanks for reply will sus it all tomorrow .

( see your dealing with the enemy! wink wink , now wot i mean )

Guest Ann H
Hi all, just had email from inlaws co requesting assurance of support to be done, when confirmed by centrelink she will ask for second vac!!:spinny: So pleased for them the wait is nearly over. The application was lodged 25th May 07, meds sent to Sydney 30th April 08

hang in there all you great people waiting it will be your turn soon

love Ann

Hi everyone, just when we thought the wait was coming to an end!!( My post above) AOS has been sorted with centrelink and bond lodged. I recieve email from HOC asking for more info on mother-inlaw, she has to go see a cardiologist and have some tests ECG and few other things, all conected to heart disease, they want to know what surgical and medical treatment she will need in the future. Cant believe this wasnt asked for before the AOS was requested?? I felt so bad calling her to tell her after telling her the meds must be ok because the AOS was asked for:sad: Hopefully this is just a formality because she has a condition. We are in OZ and her & father-inlaw are on their own in the UK, so we feel so sorry for them having something else to worry about, both of them are in their late seventies. Sorry for going on & on. I will let you all know how things go. love Ann

Archived