contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi June

Please see this article by Alan Collett of Go Matilda:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

The risk with deferring the upgrade is that something (eg redundancy) could happen to a prospective Assurer. That would put the CP 143 visa in jeopardy unless an alternative Assurer can be found.

Best wishes

Gill

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SEFFnSARAH

hI

I know that I am being extremely thick but I am new to all of this and computers are still alien to me. People keep saying that they are frontloading police clearance and medicals - what exactly do you mean? As I say sorry to be so dense but ......!

Thanks

Sarah:err::embarrassed:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sarah

You are not thick!!

Frontloading the police checks and meds means getting them done before the Case Officer requests them.

The reason for doing this is to try to shave some time off the overall processing timscale for the visa.

If the cheap, old fashioed police checks (which are still "legal tender" are used, the police reserve a right to take anything up to 40 days to process and return them.) At the moment the Health Operations Centre in Sydney is said to be taking a full calendar month to process Superman's meds, where there is no need to send the meds file to the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth. It is not always possible to see a panel doctor straightaway, and the blood test results take 7-10 days to get back to the Panel Doctor before he can send the meds to Sydney. Then the courier can take up to 5 days to deliver them and so forth.

So frontloading can save some time but against that, visa meds and police checks only have a shelf life of 12 months. Once the visa is granted, the grant letter gives an Initial Entry Date. Everyone included in the visa must enter Oz on or before the IED. (It does not matter if they only make a short rekky visit, but they must all make the Initial Entry.)

The Initial Entry date is usually 12 months from the earlier of the dates of the police checks or the meds. Therefore as soon as these are done, the countdown will begin. If anything then causes delay with the grant of the visa, it could get to a point where the tim left in which to make the Initial Entry is unrealistically short. In those circumstances, DIAC normally insist on a new set of meds, which can prove very costly.

If the applicants wait until the Case Officer asks for the meds and police checks, they know that everything else with the application is OK. Also if - as has happened with CPV applicants recently - meds were requested as long ago as Sept 2007 but it seems no more visas will be available before 1st July 2008, the applicant is in quite a strong position to push for an extension of the Initial Entry Date and sometimes an extension of up to six months can be allowed, though 3 months is more usual.

Where the applicant has taken the initiative and - it turns out - has had the meds done too soon, the applicant really only has him or herself to blame if s/he has to fork out for a second set of meds and police checks later on.

I reckon that the best strategy is to make the application and then watch how long it is taking for other applicants to be asked for their meds. When you think you are about a month away from hearing from a CO, see what else is happening. Have they stopped granting visas by then? If so, no sense in frontloading anything. Is it a CP 143 visa? If so, getting the Assurance of Support into place could take a while, so the meds processing can be running concurrently with that and so on.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Gill,

Thanks for that. At least I now know. It was more for us than mum at this stage really but just replied on this thread as it had already been mentioned. We applied for our 136 at end of Feb and have been told it is taking at least 3 months for acknowledgement. Have been thinking that we will start on Police Clearance and Meds once we have received official acknowledgement then we will have everything ready once we given CO. If valid for 12 months should be ok, hopefully not taking that long.

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smiley grandma

This is the e-mail my son and daughterinlaw received. They e-mailed it to us yesterday. :jiggy:

The request for the 2nd Visa Application Charge (VAC) should be issued shortly - we are currently working our way through several hundred applications. We hope to have this exercise completed within the next few weeks. Our Client Service team will be in touch to request this with a view to granting visas after 1st July 2008.Your VAC is determined by your lodgement date, so no need to take any notice of the current rates.

hope this is of help

.......people posting on here or on BE

Gill

umph.....

Anybody quick enough to see me re-register on Bee Eee to comment on a CPv sparkly thread!

X mentioned a posting on a "rival forum!....Y asked what forum....

Poms in Oz came the reply.

SO..I re-registered and made a post to the effect...PiO was not a "rival" but an aditional support! ( for us lot looking for help)

Next time I looked... Poms in Oz became XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and my number one and only post was deleted!

Did'nt even get time to ask for cancellation ( AGAIN) of my sparkly new acount!

So I reckon no more mention of Big Edded anal retentive forum, should be made on here and should be referred to as.... XX

L.L.

PS...maybe we should all have a day on BE and reply to every thread possible and just say....BOO ..... Pomz in Oz wuz here! that should keep the buggers busy!:jimlad:

ADDITION TO POST SUNDAY 11/5/08: seems That BE dont mind having links to a sensible forum on their legally protected - censored and policed forum. So for those who followed that link to thi spost...WELCOME.

Come and join us!

Sit rep....

CP 143 - meds sent .....

House still sitting here looking for new owner to love!

Wife screwycidal,... "lets knock another £25k off... it might help"

Lost the pool and new Holden already...now it looks like a rent a tent or go bush !

Lanky Lad

The way to add a link from British Expats to a message on this forum is to replace all the lower case letters "o" with "%6F". Don't use the quotation marks. In internet language a %6F is an o. At least this seems to bypass British Expats auto stripping system, until the moderator spots the message that is.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hellloooo Lanky Lad

Unfortunately I was not quick enough to catch your sparkly contribution to The Other Place.

However, we have a new Member called Bonzer Sheila who is nothing if not direct. Please see this thread:

state sponsorship??? any ideas people want to live in perth : British Expat Discussion Forum

One of the Moderators of the Other Place (the one on the broomstick) has informed the world that, "(I'm sure you wouldn't do this anyway, and I don't know if its true in this case, but please don't try and get round the filter as some of the sites that appear as ***** have threatened legal action if their names appear.)" :policeman:

Tell you what, LL. You can be the Judge & Jury. I'll be the Prosecutor.

How much do you think we should award ourselves in Damages and Costs? I'm inclined to think we should go for broke with the claim but I'll be guided by Yer Honner's superior wisdom about what sort of quantum might be reasonable if anyone should have the temerity to by-pass the filters. I'd suggest that we sue the witch as well as the wardrobe?

Hugz

Gill

xxx

Hey Sue..... I can see you

Where is you sence of humour a joke post mentioned not one forum.

With this mentllity...no wonder other forum grow!

Sorry folks seems humour on Blitish Expratts is also banned! ( can I say that ...any way i am a web designer.... if I get rattled I'll start mi own forum and you can mention anything)

Thank him up there we have Gill ( you still my mate? ...or is it the chop here too!)

Guest Gollywobbler
ooooooooooooooooppps

You have been banned for the following reason:

I don't think I need to put the reason as you already know. Sue

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

sob sob sob

I looked for your new post but it wasn't there. :policeman:

Never mind! LOADS of Poms in Oz reprobates are banned from The Other Place, including me! :cry:

A lifelong ban is the modern equivalent of being convicted for stealing a sheep and transported to Australia, I guess. :unsure:

Hi Jorgon,

Expect you will be dis-membered soon soon - literally torn lib from limb by the BE SS elimination squad!

Guess I will have to ask all my mates in the computer club to register...and I can use diffent IP and get banned 50 more times!

On a serious note..... making a fuss over a "rival" forum is like the old USA booze ban..it just may escalate!

They (BE) owners/mods - must have concerns if they catagorise PiO as a "Rival" ie one which may compete and become superior. Do they not appear to comprehend that 99% of users are registered on ALL other related forum!

My missus is tut tuting in kitchen muttereing about me being able to start a row in an empty house!

So I ask...what is revolutionary about saying ---- PiO is not a rival...but and additional support!

Message to BE...... GROW UP !

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi

Need to be doing something, so decided to ask the question if anyone who got their acknowledgement in July 07 has had a sniff of a CO yet? We were acknowledged at the end of July so clutching at straws.

I just know it is getting close now - which is making checking the email every morning full of hope all the more frustrating when there is nothing!

Beginning to lose the plot a bit with all this waiting, waiting, waiting. Patience is a virtue, but as I said to someone recently, I ain't THAT virtuous.

Sorry guys, needed to have a bit of a rant and I know all of you CPV'ers will understand.

Jean:wubclub:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jean

The last I saw on the big sparkly BE thread was that somebody very recently has had an e-mail from the POPC saying that they are currently allocating COs to applications received at the end of June 2007.

So it can't be long now before you will hear from a CO. In the meantime, there is LOTS that you can usefully do. Have you had your Meds yet and ordered your Police checks? If not, you could usefully get cracking on both of those I would suggest. Remember that if you have spent an aggregate of 12 months out of the last 10 years in Australia during the last 10 years, then you will need Australian Federal Police checks as well as UK ones. The AFP can be very slow and the last I heard they were taking 6 or 7 weeks in some cases.

Have you and Hubby completed Form 80 (one each) as yet? If not, now would be a useful time to start getting those ready as well.

Is your Assurer of Support organised on that front as yet? If not, I would suggest that s/he contacts Centrelink to find out how long they are taking to provide slots for the interview in the relevant area. S/he could also usefully be completing Form SU594 for the AOS and getting the supporting documents ready, to save time once the AoS is requested. Centrelink will not interview your Assurer until s/he can produce the letter from your CO asking Centrelink to co-operate with getting the AoS into place, but almost all of the other preparation for Centrelink can be done in advance. Plese see the following links:

Assurance of Support

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Please sing out if you need the links for anything else.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Oh dear, LL & Jorgon

It would seem that Feathers Are Ruffled over in the Other Place!

Please see here:

state sponsorship??? any ideas people want to live in perth : British Expat Discussion Forum

Somebody has been given a right drubbing for defying the filters by putting p-o-m-s-i-n-o-z :policeman: Some of the cops appear to be self-appointed vigilantes and all! :realmad:

That's flirting with the the Banned List if ever I saw it! The Thought Police have been busy stamping out such a heresy. :no:

I should think Torquemada is polishing the tumbril and the thumbscrews as I type this....

Cheers

Gill

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi Gill

We had our police checks and medicals done at the end of March.

Didn't realise that we could get things moving early on the AoS, so that is really helpful, thank you.

Form 80 - is that the one where we have to fill in all the family details? If so, we did that with our original application. We also had to sign a declaration about our boys being our only children - we even had to include birth and death certificates for our first son even though we lost him 36 years ago.

As always, thank you for your reply and really useful information. You are an absolute star!!

Guest smileygrandma's son in Oz

Yipeeeeeeee, Smiley grandma, although does not know herself at this moment in time (im her daughter-in-law) we received an email sking for second installment how amazing is that so excited. we have just received the email 8.30pm its says her visa will be granted after 1st july, as long as we pay h within 28 days. it also says sh has to enter Australia by 31 jan 09, im presuming thats when the medicals expire.

Hi

Need to be doing something, so decided to ask the question if anyone who got their acknowledgement in July 07 has had a sniff of a CO yet? We were acknowledged at the end of July so clutching at straws.

I just know it is getting close now - which is making checking the email every morning full of hope all the more frustrating when there is nothing!

Beginning to lose the plot a bit with all this waiting, waiting, waiting. Patience is a virtue, but as I said to someone recently, I ain't THAT virtuous.

Sorry guys, needed to have a bit of a rant and I know all of you CPV'ers will understand.

Hi

I would like to thank everyone on this site for all the information posted on here , although I have been reading this is my first post. The time scale for my visa is as follows

Lodged 15 June 2007

CO 16th April 2008

Medicals 22 April sent courier

Police check (£35) sent for certificate Sat 26 April received Thursday 1 May sent to Agent to forward.

Assurance of support (centre Link) sorted Thursday 1 may by son in Au.

Tuesday 6th May - Centre link requiring confirmation bond is in sponsor's Au bank by 16th May.

Now we wait fingers crossed. Hope this helps Jean and those that are still waiting for CO they do excist but over worked. Your turn next.

Best wishes all Bea

Guest Bernice
Hi

I would like to thank everyone on this site for all the information posted on here , although I have been reading this is my first post. The time scale for my visa is as follows

Lodged 15 June 2007

CO 16th April 2008

Medicals 22 April sent courier

Police check (£35) sent for certificate Sat 26 April received Thursday 1 May sent to Agent to forward.

Assurance of support (centre Link) sorted Thursday 1 may by son in Au.

Tuesday 6th May - Centre link requiring confirmation bond is in sponsor's Au bank by 16th May.

Now we wait fingers crossed. Hope this helps Jean and those that are still waiting for CO they do excist but over worked. Your turn next.

Best wishes all Bea

Hi Bea,

Thanks for the info. We too are waiting patiently. Application lodge and acknowledged end of July 2007. Both our children and grandchildren are in Oz and we look forward to being with them by the end of this year. I check daily for the email advising us of CO, hopefully we will hear by the end of this month. I think I will now go ahead and arrange medicals. I have put this off as I have been trying desperately to lose weight, to no avail! Just need to sell the house now.

Bernice.

Guest suegooderson

Hi there - new to this ... have a problem that I would like advice on ...

We applied for our Contributory Parent Visa on 22 June 07, have been assigned a CO today 12 May 08, applied for Medical - being done on Thursday 15 May 08, police checks have been applied for today 12 May 08 (from Oz as we are here on 12mth visitor visa), and we have a AoS sourced, we are about to send them their letter so Centrelink can do their side of things. The problem is that ...

Our daughter and son in law are now having marital difficulties and son in law has refused to sign his part of the sponsor form stating he is happy for her to sponsor us, she has applied for citizenship and is expecting it in about 8wks time, she is a permanent resident and their daughter is an Australian citizen (aged 4), but hasnt got it yet, does anyone know if it will stop our Visa if he doesnt sign his part of the form if we let Immigration know why?

Anyone help???

Guest JoanneHattersley

We applied for our Contributory Parent Visa on 22 June 07, have been assigned a CO today 12 May 08, applied for Medical - being done on Thursday 15 May 08, police checks have been applied for today 12 May 08 (from Oz as we are here on 12mth visitor visa), and we have a AoS sourced, we are about to send them their letter so Centrelink can do their side of things. The problem is that ...

Our daughter and son in law are now having marital difficulties and son in law has refused to sign his part of the sponsor form stating he is happy for her to sponsor us, she has applied for citizenship and is expecting it in about 8wks time, she is a permanent resident and their daughter is an Australian citizen (aged 4), but hasnt got it yet, does anyone know if it will stop our Visa if he doesnt sign his part of the form if we let Immigration know why?

Anyone help???

I am really not sure what advice to give except talk to your CO and do that ASAP! Im sure that if you explain everything there may be a way round it.

When I did my forms for Mum and Dad (CazBeckham) my OH Mark had to sign to say he was ok with me doing it. I have a feeling it might have an impact on your application but please do not quote me on that!

Case officer is the woman you need!

I hope that everything goes well for you and please let us know how you are going

Guest OldiesRUs
Hi Bea,

Thanks for the info. We too are waiting patiently. Application lodge and acknowledged end of July 2007. Both our children and grandchildren are in Oz and we look forward to being with them by the end of this year. I check daily for the email advising us of CO, hopefully we will hear by the end of this month. I think I will now go ahead and arrange medicals. I have put this off as I have been trying desperately to lose weight, to no avail! Just need to sell the house now.

Bernice.

Hi Bernice

Looks like you and I are on the same timescale.

Race you!

Guest OldiesRUs

Anyone help???

Can't help either I'm afraid, but I know that Gill (Gollywobbler) will come in at some point with some wonderful and helpful advice.

It is so sad that your daughter's marriage is in difficulties. Must be hard for you being so far away and not able to give practicable support.

Good luck

Guest smiley grandma

We are really a smiley family today:jiggy:

Just arrived in from shopping to great news

Daughter inlaw informed us we have to pay our 2nd vac received the pre visa advice letter:smile: Visa will be issued after 1st July.

We have to activate the visa by 31st January 2009 so it is all hands to the pumps now to celebrate

Archived