contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Guest smiley grandma

all my son was told by the c/o is to get the form 80 in asap read what you will into that. I would not like to comment on why! whether it is because my son has the reigns and can deal with them direct who know at this stage.As far as we have found out they will not reduce the numbers for visas but neither will they increase the numbers at this stage. what the future holds is blowing in the wind.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

We have a new CPV sufferer, a new member called Pam - user name white house.

She is a bit of a voice in the wilderness over on her own thread.

Please see this link:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/32991-12-month-tourist-visa.html#post217636

Since Smiley Grandma's thread has become "the hub" for nearly everyone who is waiting patiently, I am hoping that Pam will come and chip in on this thread. :yes:

Best wishes

Gill :smile:

Guest smileygrandma's son in Oz

My mum front loaded her medicals and police checks about 3 months before she received a case officer, so all that was asked of her was form 80, which was filled out and emailed straight away, Case officer said the only thing left to do now is pay 2nd installment, which, will not be required until around july time, case officer also said, and I quote... apparently all clients in this situation are due to be officially notified of their status within the next few weeks. My mum applied June 07, caseofficer april 08, hope this helps anyone in the same situation.

Guest cazbeckham

Smiley Grandmas Son

We applied in Feb 07 and got our CO in November 07, Meds and pcc checks and AOS done and paid for by December 07 and was just about to be asked for 2nd Vac payment in Jan as they halted visas so hope to be asked for payment very soon to be able to be granted on 1st July if not sooner.

House goes on market today or tomorrow as soon as Agent gets the paperwork typed up and checked.

Good Luck to your Smiley Grandma

Caz

Thanks for your reply, roll on July, lets hope everyone waiting will get there visa's, It will be worth it in the end, we have been here 3 years and love it, we just can't wait to get the parents here. The wait has been worse for you as you would of had you visa now had they not run out, as for us it probably will not make much difference, if they get it in july.

All the best .

Guest cazbeckham

Hello SG Son

It has made a huge impact on us actually as we are told all the time DO NOT put your house on the market till you get your visa - well as ours is inevitable we are putting house on this week. BUT.... we had our house valued in January when it would have gone on the market had we got the visa before they run out but only yesterday had it revalued to go on the market and it has dropped by 20 grand so that delay has cost us dearly............. dont suppose the government will compensate for that loss will they, lets hope they will give us an extension on our validation date

Caz

I asked the case officer if we would get visa in july, this is what she replied today 8/4/08 Quote.. I can't be more specific at this time as we ( case officers ) havent been given the details as to how those who meet requirements will be processed after 1st july 2008.

Sorry to read the delay has been such a loss financially to you, it is such a stressfull time, all I can do to reasure you is once you are here, and it won't be long now its such a great life, I would not move back to England for anything, one of the best things I have done, especially for my kids. Kind regards

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hello SG Son

It has made a huge impact on us actually as we are told all the time DO NOT put your house on the market till you get your visa - well as ours is inevitable we are putting house on this week. BUT.... we had our house valued in January when it would have gone on the market had we got the visa before they run out but only yesterday had it revalued to go on the market and it has dropped by 20 grand so that delay has cost us dearly............. dont suppose the government will compensate for that loss will they, lets hope they will give us an extension on our validation date

Caz

Mum - Look on the plus side!

You`re one step closer to me!! Ha! Ha!

And 1 step closer to that cold cascade light sitting outside on the nice warm evenings.

mossies biting ya, dog licking ya......where will the fun end?????:twitcy:

Guest Where'sTheWind
My mum front loaded her medicals and police checks about 3 months before she received a case officer' date=' so all that was asked of her was form 80, which was filled out and emailed straight away, Case officer said the only thing left to do now is pay 2nd installment, which, will not be required until around july time, case officer also said, and I quote... apparently all clients in this situation are due to be officially notified of their status within the next few weeks. My mum applied June 07, caseofficer april 08, hope this helps anyone in the same situation.[/quote']

Hi SG Son

Thanks very much for the update - every snippet of information adds to the big picture.

We're in the same boat - loving every minute of it and wouldn't go back for anything, but will be very grateful when we get the folks out here - and they're just as keen.

Just to clarify - would you go as far as to say you were guaranteed a visa from the new year's allocation? I can see your CO isn't able to give you an exact date in July or August, but have you been given the green light that you're in the next batch for sure?

Again , thanks for the info.

cheers

WTW

Its probably more then her jobs worth to give out guarente's, she just said, all is ok, there's no problem with mums application, they will let us know when they need 2nd installment, no visas will be issued untill july 08, we do hope thats when mum will get one, she kind of hinted that, but does not know how they are going to process the visa's after july 1st. Hope this helps.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Caz

I'm so very sorry to read your disappointing news of the value of your house.

It really has been a raw deal all round because if they had told people in January, "Your visa will definitely be granted during July as long as no unforeseeable medical calamity occurs before that," people would have been able to make decisions accordingly.

I am sure that they will give you an extension of time, though. That is the least they can do and it would not cost them anything to do it.

Hugz

Gill

xx

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Gill

Yeah it really is a pain now with the housing situation as we do not want to be out of pocket and now we have to pay for these blasted Home Improvement Packs which is just another way to get money out of the seller, never need them a couple of years ago so someone has come up with a plan to get more money from people.

Never mind just have to keep wishing my life away till I get the visa hehehe

Hugz

Caz

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello SG Son

case officer also said, and I quote... apparently all clients in this situation are due to be officially notified of their status within the next few weeks.

To be honest, I'll believe that when I see it!

A similar thing happened in June 2006 when my mother's CPV 143 was being processed. At the time the POPC published an annual Newsletter on the old DIAC website. The Newsletter was published in August 2005 and it said categorically that CP143 visas were taking 9 months to process.

Mum wanted to go out to Oz during the wait, and her CP143 application was submitted in November 2005. I applied for a long stay tourist visa for her at the same time and asked for an 8 month stay in Oz for her. Mum is elderly and we had already agreed that she wanted to spend a couple of months in the UK around the time that her visa would be granted. I figured to bring her back to the UK about a month before her CPV would be ready so that she could rest up and then return to Oz fairly quickly once her CPV was granted.

The tourist visa provided what I had asked for but it meant that Mum would have to leave Oz by mid-August at the latest (I kicked myself all round the block for not having asked for longer than I thought we would need!) By the beginning of June it was obvious that they had stopped granting visas for the 2005/6 year and I was becoming anxious that Mum might be stuck in the UK for much longer than the 2 months she said she wanted to spend here.

So I phoned the POPC. I spoke to a very helpful chap who said that they had not run out of visas but that they were struggling with an acute shortage of staff. He said that this was the reason why their originally-predicted processing times had "blown out." He said that the POPC were preparing a mailshot to all the applicants, sponsors and their agents. This mailshot would be sent at the end of June 2006, he told me.

The mailshot never materialised. In the end Mum's visa was granted within the originally predicted timescale but it is so difficult to plan anything when one has no definite info.

Somebody e-mailed the Manager of the POPC in January 2008 and kindly copied the exchange of e-mails to me. The Manager stated categorically that there was "lots happening with Canberra" to try to settle on an "information strategy."

The strategy seems to have consisted of people like you and WTW dragging snippets of information out of individual members of the POPC staff and thank goodness for both of you because you have both been brilliant about letting everyone else know.

I suspect that by the time all the civil servants agree on the "information strategy" it will be redundant because 1st July will have arrived!

I have heard that apparently they cannot say anything on the website until the Minister has announced what is to happen about the CPV quota. On the big CPV thread on BE somebody has copied a letter from the Minister's offsider, written in about mid-March. The offsider said that the quotas for Parents will be considered at the same time as they set the overall migrant quotas for 2008/9. He thought that would happen "in a couple of months" - which presumably means mid-May.

Also on that thread, Sleeping Beauty (the thread starter) rang her parents' CO a few weeks ago. She was told that they are likely to start requesting the second instalments in June, so that there will be no delays with the first batch of grants in July.

In early Feb somebody was told that about 1,000 applicants had been placed in the semi-official "queue" for CPV grants and that visas out of the 2008/9 "stock" have been reserved for the people in the queue. Presumably more people have been added to the "queue" since then

What would be very helpful at this stage would be a definite statement to each applicant saying, "You are number X in the queue and we reckon to move things along at the rate of Y visas a month once we can start granting visas again."

I know that they are hamstrung by the fact that if they make a definite statement of this sort they will be held to account if things do not then happen exactly as promised. But it is just so frustrating when the bottom line is that the individual COs have not been told what the eventual game-plan will be. One does not know how much of what is being said is fact and how much is just individual COs taking their own personal "best guesses."

Rant for today over!!!

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill

Yeah it really is a pain now with the housing situation as we do not want to be out of pocket and now we have to pay for these blasted Home Improvement Packs which is just another way to get money out of the seller, never need them a couple of years ago so someone has come up with a plan to get more money from people.

Never mind just have to keep wishing my life away till I get the visa hehehe

Hugz

Caz

Hi Caz

The HIPs packs are a disgrace and a fiasco - just as everyone said they would be.

One of the newspapers contacted loads of Estate Agents not long agp and asked how the Packs are being received in their local areas. Apparently 90% of the Agents said that they don't even offer to show them to prospective buyers because the buyers set no store by them and don't want to see them.

Everybody - the RICS, the Law Society, the Council of Mortgage Lenders and Uncle Tom Cobley & All - the people who actually work in the relevant market - have been telling successive Governments for the last 20 years that these "sellers packs" as they were originally going to be called would have no practical use whatsoever and would make zero difference to the speed of the average conveyancing transaction, and that they would be equally ineffective in preventing both gazumping and gazundering.

But Civil Servants who have never acted in a conveyancing transaction in their lives Knew Best. Personally I would fire the entire team responsible for these packs because we should have used our Power of Veto when the EU imposed the ruddy things on the UK.

Hugz

Gill

xxx

Guest cazbeckham

Funny you should say that Gill about the HIPS packs even our Estate Agent said that no one asks about them and unless they do they never offer them and I am paying £300 + vat for that!!!!.

Wonder if I can claim the vat back on my estate agents fees/ solicitors fees and hips pack fees as after all my home is my place of work with my internet business and I am vat registered. Maybe one to put to my accountant eh???

Caz

Guest white house

To let you all know our latest news, Gill suggested our Son contact POPC direct and see where we were with our application as Medicals done, Police Checks also last October.Great news we are all complete and waiting for JULY and the new Visas should be in the front of queue!!

Pam:smile:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Pam

I am so pleased to read your good news.

Have you made plans for actually moving to Oz or are you planning simply on a short visit to validate your visas and then deal with everything else in the fullness of time?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest OldiesRUs

We're still waiting for a CO - so not at all jealous!!!!!

Congratulations White House!

Jean:wubclub:

Guest white house

We have got the hard bit to do now sell the House!! If all goes well we could be in Sydney by the next Aussie Summer. But still got fingers and toes crossed just in case!!:yes:

Guest SEFFnSARAH

hi Gill,

Reading all the info about CPV with great interest. Mum only just applied so we are definitely at back of the queue but we'll get to the front eventually! Don't know if you or anyone else can help with this one.....Because of house prices etc as Caz says, mum is deciding to follow your mum's lead and throw caution to the wind, sell the house and move out on a 1yr tourist visa when our visa is issued. Obviously she will need the proceeds of the house to buy somewhere out in Oz. Does anyone know where she will pay tax if at all if she no longer has a permanent address in UK and only in Oz on Temp Visa?

Hope someone is able to shed a little light on the matter.

Thanks

Sarah

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sarah

We didn't sell Mum's house in the end. She still owns it. She has a huge emotional attachment to it so she is probably going to keep it for the rest of her life, I suspect. We were lucky in as much as Mum had enough other money for the visa itself plus she does not need or want a home of her own out in Oz. She has a sort of annex in my sister's house so that she can be with her grandchildren every day, which is Mum's greatest joy. Also, Mum is disabed. If she really had to she could probably live in a sheltered flat by herself but neither my sister or I would be at all happy about the idea. So our own situation really wasn't/isn't comparable to yours because your Mum is obviously still fully independent and active, plus wants her own home in Oz.

I suspect that the tax man is going to rip us off for CGT when Mum's house is eventually sold, but I'm prepared to do that future trade as long as Mum is content and happy now.

However lots of other Parents have done as your Mum is proposing to do. I think that as long as one is aware that the whole thing could go pear-shaped, and there is a contingency plan in place in case the worst should come to the worst, the Parent might as well start making his/her new life in Oz as hang about here in the UK.

Please see these threads:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/arrival-chat/17232-arrived-mid-august-loving-every-minute.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/25677-we-were-tram-melbourne.html

Best wishes

Gill

Guest missymon

Hi Gill,

I have read SAVTA's threads and I would love to be able to ask her a couple of questions. I have sent her a PM 4 days ago and not heard anything. I know she may be busy then I thought maybe she is no longer on PIO. Do you know if there is any other way I can get in touch with her?.

Many thanks...Monica

Archived