contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Guest OldiesRUs

Oooh! My CO's initials are VM - don't know if she speaks with a Scottish accent, but she certainly has a Scottish surname.

Jean:wubclub:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oooh! My CO's initials are VM - don't know if she speaks with a Scottish accent, but she certainly has a Scottish surname.

Hi Jean & Lanky Lad I am having problems with PIO site not getting the reply.s so don't know if this will work but YES our CO had the same initials VM very nice lady and couldn't have been more helpfull.

Spoke to Gill on the phone and she told me you had all replyed with Congratulation its couldn't have gone wrong at a worse time .

Hope its not too long until you both get your Visa,s by then this should hopefully have sorted itself out,

Miss being in touch with everyone i have withdrawel symptoms as OH would say in a MOOD Ha Ha

Evelyn

Congratulation to you Lanky Lad and OldiesRus getting their visa's. Hopefully we will not be far behind. It is so good to hear good news for a change.

All the very best Bea

Hi All,

But as we will go Business.... who cares! :cool:

Didn't realise you were posh/loaded!

Oh, Yes we are LOADED..... well actually, its accumalated air miles with Emerates.

Three previous trips to Aus and the bulk expire in November!

Hoping to go first week October.... but we have been forced to re-think every thing about 10 times this year already so who knows!

BUT, I dont think we can beat the baggage allownace change on the 1st..Emerates only , I hasten to add.

Guest OldiesRUs

Bea - we don't have our Visas yet, still waiting. Obviously VM doesn't like us as much as Evelyn and LL! But you guys with be the first to know when we do. I have settled that ours won't come through til middle of October because the way our luck has gone so far, we always seem to have to wait. However, that won't stop me eagerly checking my emails every morning before I go to work.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Bea - we don't have our Visas yet, still waiting. Obviously VM doesn't like us as much as Evelyn and LL! But you guys with be the first to know when we do. I have settled that ours won't come through til middle of October because the way our luck has gone so far, we always seem to have to wait. However, that won't stop me eagerly checking my emails every morning before I go to work.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Dont get too dispondent, I reckon Monday or Tuesday will see you getting the magic email.

This asumes your agent sent the fee's ASAP. Some group up the postage and only dispatch at he end of each week.

Remember that we were behind your dated - having had Ack before you...so there must be other things in play besides the CO working down a pile of case files on her desk.

As my dear old gran usd to say, "The Lord moves in mysterious ways" - so does the POPC!

OH, off to M & S in an hour or so....needs new swimming cozzy, lightweight stuff to fly out in, a good book to read on the flight, comfy shoes and flight sox and a lot more stuff..the reasons for which defeat my logic.

I asked if I needed anything special also, " No, - just wear what you did last time it seemed OK".

L.L.

Guest OldiesRUs

Don't bother buying expensive fligth socks ladies, just buy a pair of light support tights from M&S, do the job much better because they support the whole of the leg and don't cut of the circulation at the knee.

Don't bother buying expensive fligth socks ladies, just buy a pair of light support tights from M&S, do the job much better because they support the whole of the leg and don't cut of the circulation at the knee.

Have you got any more little gems, you could save me a forune.

But if you ever want to meet my OH for drinkies...... tell her she needs to go for the most expensive stuff I can afford! Coz she usually does!

L.L.

PS. telephoned my finance in POPC, she says its out for you Tuesday latest.

Hi Jean,

During our usual weekend telephone call my fiance in POPC told me she has emailed you grant.... so it should be with you about 9am Monday.

Crack the champers ......

L.L.

Well you are wrong. It came at 9.15!!!!!!!

Just call me Sheila.

I think ABOUT 9am stated and arriving at 9.15am is a pretty good of her.

( actually saw the other post you made "elsewhere" just in case somebody actually believed me!)

Congrats, figured it would not be too far behind ours... init a GREAT feeling after all the waiting!

L.L.

Guest OldiesRUs

Isn't it just. Got a text from agent before email came through. Let out such a scream in the office! Surprised them all as we hadn't told anyone we had applied.

OH doesn't know yet as I can't get hold of him till lunchtime. He has a mobile but never turns it on.

Surprised it came today, as I checked my emails when I got up this morning and there was nothing. So came as bit of a shock really. I have stopped shaking now.

Isn't it just. Got a text from agent before email came through. Let out such a scream in the office! Surprised them all as we hadn't told anyone we had applied.

OH doesn't know yet as I can't get hold of him till lunchtime. He has a mobile but never turns it on.

Surprised it came today, as I checked my emails when I got up this morning and there was nothing. So came as bit of a shock really. I have stopped shaking now.

We will have to have a meet up in Wollongong!

Its a bit like coming out from the dentist...... the pains gone now!

L.L.

Guest OldiesRUs

It is just such a relief. Living in limbo for 14 months was awful - particularly as we made the decision not to tell anyone that we had applied.

However, had great fun today, phoning and emailing people - most are in shock.

Suppose I'm going to have to get the hoover out now in case anyone comes to look at the house. Plus, we have 40 years accumulation of 'stuff' to sort through......................oh but who cares.

Definitely have to meet up in 'the Gong' as we residents call it!!!!!

Guest Scardycat

Hi all, have been around on the site for quite a time now and have followed this thread with interest, but as I am so far off even being able to apply for a CPV, have not had any questions to ask or feel I could contribute.

However I would be interested to know how many of you used agents, do you think it is worthwhile to use one or is it easy enough to go it alone. Your thoughts and opinions on this would be much appreciated.

Regards Cat

Hi Cat

There's quite a few on here that haven't used agents and there's some that have that wish they didn't!

I can only speak from a personal point of view but the forms for CPV are not too difficult. Even if you do use an agent, you still have to get all the info together which is the worst part and by the time you've done all that you may as well complete the form as well. There's always plenty of excellent advice and assistance available here if you get stuck on any part.

I only completed application a few months ago so I'll probably still be here when you're ready to complete your application. How far away are you?

Regards

Liz

Guest Scardycat

Hi Liz, It feels like a lifetime away, my daughter arrived in Oz on the 12th of this month, my other daughter is going in November, so the "settled" period starts from the 12th, I am planning to apply for a 12 month 676 and go over in late January 09, but then I have to fill in some time between applying and processing, am just hoping a miracle will happen as by the looks of it the processing time is getting longer by the minute.

Cat

I was in similar boat Cat and still am! Son went over in January 2005 and didn't get permanency until beginning of this year. I then (stupidly) held off while I underwent some medical checks as I wanted to be sure I didn't have anything significantly wrong that would require surgery or stop me working.

Unfortunately need to work as not yet eligible for pension otherwise I'd be joining you on that extended visa! lol.

Regards

Liz

Guest Scardycat

I have already retired, financially it wasn't such a great idea, but I just got fed up with being tied down to a job, so decided to give it a try and see how it went, thinking I could always get a part-time job if I needed to, but my daughters had other ideas for me,:biglaugh: so have spent a lot of time with the grandchildren, 2 of them have gone already and am so missing them, once they have all gone I have nothing to keep me here.

I have been slowly trying to get together anything I might need for the CPV application as I will need to take it all with me as I am going to rent the house out for 12 months, so I think I might have a go at doing it myself, eventually, when the time is right, in the far distant future:biglaugh:

regards Cat

Hi Cat

There's a list of all the things to include in the application which you've probably found by now but if not let me know and I'll try and send you it - very useful. Once you've gathered all the info, it only takes about half an hour to complete the form.

Even though you don't have application in, you're still a CPV'r and will have lots to share with others on this thread - mainly parents trying to get in, or children trying to get parents in.

Welcome to the thread and come on in more often - even if it's only to moan about the time it takes to get parents a visa!!!!

Cheers

Liz

Guest Scardycat

Liz, thanks for that, I can certainly do loads of moaning about the length of time it takes, if I am going to make a new life I want to be able to get on with it, not wait years:arghh:

I haven't got the list, so would appreciate it if you could send it to me, will pm you with my email address if that would be easier.

thanks Cat

Guest Tricky C
Liz, thanks for that, I can certainly do loads of moaning about the length of time it takes, if I am going to make a new life I want to be able to get on with it, not wait years:arghh:

I haven't got the list, so would appreciate it if you could send it to me, will pm you with my email address if that would be easier.

thanks Cat

Hi there - I am new to the site & have read with interest about the CPV you are talking about. My parents would love to join us in Oz (both only 50) but am i right in thinking that the fee to the government is as high as $29,000 each? And can take many years? And do you get any of this money back? The agents we dealt ith in the UK were very helpful with information but I am finding that in OZ they want money upfront for me to register details & not very helpful with the information I need. :arghh:Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Thanks

Archived