contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Guest Scardycat
Beloved Cat

You will NOT weep like a feeble wet hen once your second daughter departs, because you will be too busy de-cluttering and doing your own packing, chooks.

Goodness me! It'll only be a matter of a few short weeks until you head out to join your family again.

I'd use it as an excuse for a Last Fling once your daughters are safely out of sight and therefore can't tick you off! :yes:

Cheers

Gill

xx

Gill, Like your style:biglaugh: now why didn't I think of that??????

cheers Cat x

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi LL & OH

Have a really good trip - if there is such a thing on a plane!

Have a great time in Sydney once you've had some sleep.

Gissa shout from time to time, please????

Hugz

Gill

xx

Hi All,

From not so sunny Sydney!

Yet again I came second in the Dubia Terminal Marathon!

Why is it the Emirates take delight in taxing the plane 2 miles from the terminal...so that the bus needs to drive back 2 miles to unload you at the furthest point from your next gate of departure? I reckon its at least 1 mile from the security checks ( why when we were cleared at Manchester and stepped off the plane onto a bus and were met by a line of airport staff to make sure you entered the terminal) - to gate 107 ( 107 of 360 if I remember right!)

Then - as usual in Dubia after they board us they let the plane into the queue and then we waited an hour to take off!

This was surpassed in Bangkok... same end to end of terminal dash.... for no reason except to occupy the punters while Emirates re-fuel! Having gone through security in Manchester and Dubia...Bangkok decided that a jar of cream suddenly became contraband.

On the last leg from BKK to Sydney..a night flight.....I developed a tickly cough.

This got worse after we landed and escalated into a flu like symtom....headaches, muggy feeling and a touch of the Leon Trotsky's! That was Thursday...its Sunday 3pm nearly and just got out of bed!

Anyway, tomorrow we may be heading up to Terrigal/Avoca to check out houses.

As I am none infectious..anybody wanting to invite us in for tea and biccy,s.........

PS,

OH and daughter just came in...after " Just going to Woolworths to get you some more paracetamol" - dont know why they came back with about 10 bags of shopping!

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi LL. Glad to hear that you are feeling better and have made it out here!

You`ll have to start yourself a new thread and keep updating as thigns progress!

GOod on ya mate and...........

WELCOME HOME!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi LL

Have a heart! Emirates act in your best interests, with your health & safety uppermost in their minds. If they ensure that you walk at least 20 miles between check-in at Manchester and hugging your daughter in Sydney, they reduce your chances of developing DVT by about 90%. (Sure, one or two of the passengers may suffer cardiac arrests during the route marches but a bit of collateral damage is inevitable.)

It improves your circulation if they keep you penned up in the Transit lounge until 15 minutes before the pilot is going to order the crew to close the doors. Stragglers may lose out on their seats. These arrangements will ensure a brisk trot through the airport instead of a leisurely dawdle which would do nothing for your health & fitness.

All they need is a clever marketing wallah and they can soon turn lousy traffic-flow arrangements to their own advantage....

Glad to hear that you have arrived safely despite collecting a touch of the lurgy. It sounds like you still have a touch of jetlag.

Let us know how your house hunting mission goes.

Love to Mrs LL

Hugz

Gill

xx

Guest gliddon

We got the request for 2nd VAC today! It will take us a day or two to get the money sorted out, as it's already in dollars in an account in Melbourne and we have to arrange the payment through the branch in London, but we feel we're really getting close now.

I'm e-mailing the CO to make sure, but can anyone on here confirm that the payment has to be sent to POPC? There's plenty of detail on the letter we got about exactly how to pay by credit card, but for bank cheques it gives absolutely nothing about where to send them and what information to send with them. We have this vision of loads of loose unidentified cheques floating around POPC - given our track record so far, don't you just bet it would be ours that goes missing!

Mary

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mary

We sent the money to my sister in Perth via bank transfer straight into her account. Elaine got a bank draft for the money and sent that to the POPC by registered post, marked for the attention of Mum's CO. It worked like a charm so I suggest you do the same.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest gliddon

Hi Gill,

Yes, we did think of sending it via our son, but we'd still have to go through the London branch of Commonwealth Bank because they need to confirm to Melbourne that they authenticated the account when we opened it. So while we're doing that for a transfer to our son, we might as well get them to send it direct to POPC. Thanks for the suggestion to mark it for the attention of the CO, though - we'll get the bank to do that.

The CO is having a funny five minutes - she's suddenly complained that she hasn't received a Dependency Questionnaire from us! We think she may have got her knickers in a twist while cutting and pasting from somebody else's e-mail - we hope so, anyway. Still, it would be no fun at all if everything started going too smoothly, would it?

Meanwhile, we've got a furnished rental in exactly the area we wanted (Mornington, Victoria). Our son's been a star in fixing it for us - it would be churlish to suggest he might have been at all influenced by the desire not to be descended on by aged parents in the run-up to Christmas.

Mary

Hi I'm a "newbie" wanting to head out to Oz. Stumbled across this site and spent ALL last night catching up on all your stories. :spinny:

I too am hoping to go out on a CPV with my husband. I have so many questions, but wondering if I could possibly email Gill with them, if she was prepared for me to do that? Not sure if I am stepping out of the boundaries with that request?

It was great to read how you have all got on over the past year and it has inspired me to continue our quest to get out to Oz to be with our daughter as soon as possible!

Mors

Hi I'm a "newbie" wanting to head out to Oz. Stumbled across this site and spent ALL last night catching up on all your stories. :spinny:

I too am hoping to go out on a CPV with my husband. I have so many questions, but wondering if I could possibly email Gill with them, if she was prepared for me to do that? Not sure if I am stepping out of the boundaries with that request?

It was great to read how you have all got on over the past year and it has inspired me to continue our quest to get out to Oz to be with our daughter as soon as possible!

Mors

Hi..and Welcome..

Best way to join the mob here is to simply write your situation.

For a CPV application ..you need a "child" in Oz and settled for at least 2 years.....then you can submit an application....if you meet the criteria....and then you wait another 2 years while its processed.

I wuz where you are now.... 3 years and 7 months ago! Time does pass...but exceedingly slow!

Best wishes from a guy who has spent the first week in Aussie...sick as dog!

2008 and we still breath rubbish on long haul flights!

Best wishes!

Guest OldiesRUs

LL - loved your flight story!

I always get an allergic reaction to the plane air con when I go over (or I did, I now take an antihistamine when Iget on the plane and it seems to work). Sx hours in, I suddenly get a tickly nose, sneeze and the tap starts running! I then spend the rest of the flight wiping my nose.

However, unlike you, it has always gone by the next day. It seems to me that you just like making everything into an entertaining drama for us to enjoy reading about.

Pleased you are feeling better now and starting to enjoy. Have fun on Central Coast , best coffee shop in Avoca is the one on the left as you walk up from the beach (assuming it is still there) - you'll know which one it is as the owner sits outside quaffing champagne from about 3 in the afternoon!! For a bit of nostalia go to the cinema!

Keep us updated on the house.

Jean:wubclub:

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi Everyone and welome any newbies

Not been on this thread for a while, in fact been neglecting PIO as been so busy, but thought it time to give an update.

Had a manic month or so, shipping companies coming in to quote, getting house ready to go on the market - word of advice girls, get the cleaners in, saves so much time. 4 ladies, 3 hours, £140, house gleaming! Bargain! House has been on the market for 3 weeks, had about 6 viewings but no interest.

We obviously are not going to sell it before Christmas, so as we want to go in February, we have more or less decided that we will rent the house out for a couple of years. Fortunately, we have no mortgage and live in a high rent area, so whatever we get, will cover our rental over in Aus and some.

Had great fun decluttering! 40 years of 'just put it in the loft out of the way' produced lots of memories.

And on top of all this, we have our youngest son's wedding the day after Boxing Day. Just as well we won't have sold the house as we are going to have some many people staying at Christmas - they will be drawing straws to see who sleeps in the tent in the garden!!

Life is good.

Guest Gollywobbler

Mors

Hello Mors

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

By all means e-mail me with your questions if you wish. If you click on my user-name to the left of this post a drop-down menu will appear. Just select e-mail or private message as you prefer.

Alternatively if you want to post any queries on the main board (ie here) then that's fine as well and we will all try to help.

Or a combination of both if you wish.

Best wishes

Gill :smile:

Guest Polegate

Hi Everyone

We are new to this forum but would like to be put on the CPV 143 list that is running.

Ack. 18-09-08

Agent appointed

Many thanks.

David & Jackie :jiggy:

Guest Gollywobbler

Helo David & Jackie

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Have you applied for the permanent CPV 143 or for the temporary 173, please?

Whereabouts do you plan to move to in Oz?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Polegate

Hi Gollywobbler,

We have applied for the Permanent Residency CPV 143.

We are wanting to live North of Brisbane near our daughter and her family.

David & Jackie

Hi All!

Thanks for the warm welcome for you. It is great to hear all your stories, especially the ones who have managed to "get over there"!!

Gill thanks for very generously letting me ask you some questions - an email is on its way to you.

Maureen

Guest gliddon

Beginning to think there IS someone out to get us - money for 2nd VAC left our account last Thursday, sent recorded express post by bank in Melbourne. Just got e-mail from CO to say she hasn't received it!

Mary

Thanks to Gill for all her help and advice with regards to us getting out to Oz. One aspect that we hadn't considered was the medical aspect.... does anyone know what medical condition would preclude you from being given the CP Visa?

Also is there a better chance of getting the visa quicker by being offshore than onshore?

Would appreciate if anyone has experience of either of these queries.

Hi All,

From not so sunny Sydney!

Yet again I came second in the Dubia Terminal Marathon!

Why is it the Emirates take delight in taxing the plane 2 miles from the terminal...so that the bus needs to drive back 2 miles to unload you at the furthest point from your next gate of departure? I reckon its at least 1 mile from the security checks ( why when we were cleared at Manchester and stepped off the plane onto a bus and were met by a line of airport staff to make sure you entered the terminal) - to gate 107 ( 107 of 360 if I remember right!)

Then - as usual in Dubia after they board us they let the plane into the queue and then we waited an hour to take off!

This was surpassed in Bangkok... same end to end of terminal dash.... for no reason except to occupy the punters while Emirates re-fuel! Having gone through security in Manchester and Dubia...Bangkok decided that a jar of cream suddenly became contraband.

On the last leg from BKK to Sydney..a night flight.....I developed a tickly cough.

This got worse after we landed and escalated into a flu like symtom....headaches, muggy feeling and a touch of the Leon Trotsky's! That was Thursday...its Sunday 3pm nearly and just got out of bed!

Anyway, tomorrow we may be heading up to Terrigal/Avoca to check out houses.

As I am none infectious..anybody wanting to invite us in for tea and biccy,s.........

PS,

OH and daughter just came in...after " Just going to Woolworths to get you some more paracetamol" - dont know why they came back with about 10 bags of shopping!

Hi LL,

Sorry not been on for ages bogged down with work, great to read that you have made it to Sydney even though not in the best of health bet it was great to see all the family was it a good feeling when you got off the plane knowing you wouldn't be getting back on,

I have read a few of your reply,s and after 6mths our house hasn't sold so we have decided to cut the price see if it makes a difference, took your advice will let you know how it goes,

Well we are off to activate a week Sat unfortunilty not to Sydney as Rachael is moving to Gold Coast this weekend but looking forward to getting to know Brisbane and unfortunitly we have to return but with a bit of luck we hope to be heading out one way in the Spring,

All the Very Best in your new life I hope it all goes well for you and your OH

Best Wishes

Evelyn x

Hi Jean,

Great to read your news like you not been on much all the oldies seem to be moving over to Aus now feel like we are the only ones left but hopefully not for long you are certainly in for a busy time but once you get Xmas by it will be all go I hope we are the same nothing on the house front for us either hoping it gets better in the New Year, we are off in 10 Days can't wait but it will be worse coming back this time,

Hope everything goes well for you especially with the wedding

Keep us informed

Evelyn xx

Guest gliddon

Got the magic e-mail at last; off to London on Monday to get our precious visas added to passports. (Don't trust the post, given our history!)

We're not impressed with something that calls itself 'express post', and then takes from first thing Thursday morning to late Tuesday afternoon to get a cheque from Melbourne to Perth - perhaps we're not heading for quite such an advanced civilisation as we hoped! There I go, turning into a whingeing pom already.

Seriously, we're chuffed to bits to have finally come out on the other side of all the problems. Thanks to everyone for support, and most especially to Gill, who is Superwoman.

Mary

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi Evelyn

Wedding plans are going well. Son had his stag weekend and fortunately came back complete with eyebrows and everything else in tact!!!

How long are you going over for? Lovely time of the year to go.

I agree, we seem to be the last of the 'old crew' of CPVers, but maybe we can help all the new guys out a bit - although who needs us when we all have Gill.

Let us know how your visit goes.

Guest june coates
Thanks to Gill for all her help and advice with regards to us getting out to Oz. One aspect that we hadn't considered was the medical aspect.... does anyone know what medical condition would preclude you from being given the CP Visa?

Also is there a better chance of getting the visa quicker by being offshore than onshore?

Would appreciate if anyone has experience of either of these queries.

hi mors,

dont know if it is quicker doing offshore or onshore application.i did offshore but came over here to wait for the visa to be granted.i had police checks done in uk(cheaper) but had medicals over here(cheaper)which consisted of x ray,eye test,bloods,blood pressure and a short physical examination.i havnt heard of anybody failing cpv medicals since i joined pio over a year ago.good luck

Guest austibeach
Hi Evelyn

Wedding plans are going well. Son had his stag weekend and fortunately came back complete with eyebrows and everything else in tact!!!

How long are you going over for? Lovely time of the year to go.

I agree, we seem to be the last of the 'old crew' of CPVers, but maybe we can help all the new guys out a bit - although who needs us when we all have Gill.

Let us know how your visit goes.

Jean

Jean, I think we might well be the last of the "old crew" and we have quite a bit to go yet. I look forward to following in your footsteps. At long last we are on the brink of submitting our application and if we at least follow your timeline, I will be happy enough; right at this minute I would be glad to see the back of all these forms.....arghh!! :arghh:

Now that we have completed everything and cross-checked it all, duplicated it and then read it all again, we really will be glad to submit all the forms and then forget it all for a while. We need the rest................:cry:

Eric.

Archived