Weber q or Ziegler

rammygirl

I have no idea about the other BBQ, but we have a Weber 220 and we luuurrrvvveee it! It is really easy to use, cooks things perfectly with minimum fuss, and is super easy to clean. We also have a big knobs and whistles type BBQ and will be selling that soon, because we just don't use it.

My opinion.

Many other manufacturers have copied the weber q design and will produce just as good results as the weber q.

You can see from the photos the design is very similar and similar cooking results will be achieved.

I was planning to buy a weber q 220 but ended up getting an Everdure E2Go Grill.

It is the same size as Q220 and cost me $299 at Harvey Norman. So I think I probably saved $150 or so by buying the one I did.

I'm very happy it does magnificent steaks and I did a lovely pork belly roast which was great too.

Up to you really whether you want to go for the weberq or the same sort of design in a different brand which will be a bit cheaper.

I still get Weberq recipes and do everything as though mine was the weberq as it is essentially the same anyway.

Guest Guest40285

Couple mates have got the weber Q, great little BBQ's Im saving up for one, as my old BBQs galore one after 15 years and I dont know how many burner replacements has finally had the dick.

Couple mates have got the weber Q, great little BBQ's Im saving up for one, as my old BBQs galore one after 15 years and I dont know how many burner replacements has finally had the dick.

Weber, had mine for 3 years and got some rust on the grill (it gets used a lot, like 2-3 times a week), anyway called weber and they sent me a new one for free, apparently they have a 5 year warranty.

For all I know the other one might be just as good but I can say the Weber is excellent, I only wish I'd got the 300, but the 220 is big enough 99% of the time (done a bbq for 14 people on it).

I have a ziggy - I love it. For me it is more useful as I often only BBQ for one. Split grill plates (so you can have 2 open grill or 1 flat plate and 1 open grill or even use a wok on an open half, and two separate burners. I guess if you will always be cooking for 4 etc this variety won't be as helpful. Also seriously light if you take the grill plates out and just pops in the back of the car for the beach.

I was tempted to get the Ziggy. Have heard that Weber customer service is unbeatable, so both are great options. Ziggy is more powerful for hood up cooking I believe.

I ended up with a Swiss Grill 4 Burner which is awesome however.

What would make you choose the Q then, apart from the fact you bought it.

The Q was the first one I saw as I didn't know about Ziggys'..........the Q is a great BBQ........steaks, snags, roasts, fish........does it all. It is well constructed and I think it will outlive me. The Ziggy has two burners ......if this is an advantage,I don't know........as I said a mate has a Ziggy and he loves it.........up to you. I have a Baby Q AU (with the higher dome lid)....it has an all grill plate so I bought the optional breakfast plate so I could do eggs,bacon etc....works well. It's really six of one half dozen of the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went for the Ziggy in the end, sat in its box waiting for the rain to stop before we build it!

got the stand hot plate and cover not much of a discount though just $20 off and free gas.

will be trying it out this week prior to having people round at the weekend for a BBQ

One of them is a confirmed Webber fan and owner so we will see........

• 2 years later...

Hello, I know this an old thread but I have the same question. The Ziggy twin bbq package is $750 & around $900 for the Weber Q2200 wuth similar extras cart, hotplate, cover etc.

Both look fantastic. Weber is tried and trusted but I've hearf the ziggy is even better. Bbq will be used 2-3 times per week for family of 3.

Still very happy with my Ziggy. Can do juicy steak and roasts with crispy spuds. Veg and fish too. Only thing is with the double less space under curved hood for chicken and veg on side. Maybe bigger version better although this is same for Webber as curved shape means less height at edges.

I recently got the Weber Q2000 with the lightweight travel cart (that can be turned into a trolley) using Qantas points. I used it in the park for my son's birthday party and it was brilliant, and many there raved about their Webers. I'd say either would suit your needs as spares and accessories are readily available.