warmest winter for 25 years...great photos.

Perthbum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well PB, it has been our coldest winter in over 20 years here in Canada.

Here is an article from a city called Windsor, Ontario, it is the furthest city south in Canada.

Jeez wish we had those temps right now. Roll on spring.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2014/02/26/windsor-winter-breaking-records/

Cheers

Karen

OUCH......I would love that winter you have had to be honest......this has to be global warming all these extremes surly/

We've had a very mild winter. No snow at all and although it's been wet, it's nowhere near as bad as those poor people in the south have had to endure. I'm sure they'd have preferred the cold and snow tbh - at least they'd still have dry homes, animals and their crops would still be growing.

great photos showing the difference, today is another really mild and sunny day...I wanted a winter like last year but I haven't even had to put my woolly hat on this year :embarrassed:....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2544261/A-walk-mild-winter-12-months-Photos-difference-warmest-December-25-years.html

Days below zero ...none

heavy frosts - none

early morning frost on windscreen -15

snow - half hour flurry about 2 weeks ago

Ive seen the gritting lorries once in 3 months , and that was a false alarm

I walk the dog early morning every day ....the birds have been whistling their heads off , even in the middle of January...strange

its going to be a nice spring ...and a great summer :wink:

We're all doomed :)

Apparently next summer is going to be the warmest on record in the UK - wetter winters and warmer summers is how it is going to be for the rest of our lifetimes so something is going to have to change in those flood impacted areas.

Maybe a pipe line to Australia for the excess water, it the same trend continues there of hotter summers then much of the country will be parched and uninhabitable.

I must admit thinking about the future for my family in these terms makes me glad to have dual nationality - it may be a case of making the 'least worst' choice in the future.

Just been out with the dog - it's lovely out there! Birds are singing, leaves are appearing, crocuses and daffodils are flowering and it's only a month until the clocks go forward. It's already light before 7am and until 6pm.

Just waiting for the first lambs to arrive now....

Just been out with the dog - it's lovely out there! Birds are singing, leaves are appearing, crocuses and daffodils are flowering and it's only a month until the clocks go forward. It's already light before 7am and until 6pm.

Just waiting for the first lambs to arrive now....

out of the darkness into the light ....I usually hate winter with a passion , but this one has been a doddle .....

We're all doomed :)

Apparently next summer is going to be the warmest on record in the UK - wetter winters and warmer summers is how it is going to be for the rest of our lifetimes so something is going to have to change in those flood impacted areas.

Maybe a pipe line to Australia for the excess water, it the same trend continues there of hotter summers then much of the country will be parched and uninhabitable.

I must admit thinking about the future for my family in these terms makes me glad to have dual nationality - it may be a case of making the 'least worst' choice in the future.

Wouldn't be panicking just yet LR. Wait till the summer doesn't turn out to be as hot as predicted and it's back to the normal grey, overcast days with a fair bit of rain and then next winter back to the one like two years ago, with lots of snow and freezing temps.

Wonder if anyone holds these people that make predictions like this to account when they get it totally wrong? Wasn't so long ago that the "experts" were saying the jetstream was never going to move again and the UK would have to get used to wet summers.

Here's a couple of recent predictions .

Could Met Office have been more wrong? Just before floods, report told councils: Winter will be 'drier than normal' - especially in West Country!

• Worst weather prediction since Michael Fish reassured the nation in October 1987 there was no hurricane on the way

• Forecasters said the Somerset Levels and the rest of the West Country would be especially dry

• Last night, it was confirmed the UK had instead suffered the wettest winter since records began

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564358/Could-Met-Office-wrong-Just-floods-report-told-councils-Winter-drier-normal-especially-West-Country.html#ixzz2uaKCFDW0

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WINTER 2013 TO BE LONGEST IN HISTORY: Heavy snow could fall until MAY warn forecasters

BRITAIN is facing an unprecedented SIX MONTH winter with long-range forecasters warning relentless heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures could last until MAY.

Dont get too cocky everyone. There's still plenty of time for a deep freeze!!!!

This is very true, I've known it snow on my daughter's birthday in May! However, even if it does freeze now (and I'm not sure it will this year as the jet stream doesn't seem to be going anywhere) it's unlikely to last for weeks like it would in Dec/Jan. I hope...:wink:

This is very true, I've known it snow on my daughter's birthday in May! However, even if it does freeze now (and I'm not sure it will this year as the jet stream doesn't seem to be going anywhere) it's unlikely to last for weeks like it would in Dec/Jan. I hope...:wink:

Got to love the UK weather. We took our son to hospital to have his tonsils out on the first Monday in June 1975, and there was snow on the ground. Bought him home on the Friday in a heat wave.

As for spring, went back last year for the coldest March in 50 years. We froze, and April wasn't much better. Don't think you can rely on any of the seasons, just take it as it comes.

Guest Guest 47403
Think i would prefer it to be a bit colder and not be flooded

I'd happily swap some crisp mornings for all the rain we've suffered not enjoyed our last winter in the UK at all, this morning however is lovely nice frost on the ground.

great photos showing the difference, today is another really mild and sunny day...I wanted a winter like last year but I haven't even had to put my woolly hat on this year :embarrassed:....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2544261/A-walk-mild-winter-12-months-Photos-difference-warmest-December-25-years.html

Very strange weather around the world...Australia has had its least amount of rain this summer in ages...no massive storms around Sydney which is the norm in the summer months...whether or not its caused by humans,the climate is definitely changing...

Guest Guest 47403

Very loose use of the word warmest......................................................average temp of 5.1C positively tropical :biglaugh:

Very loose use of the word warmest......................................................average temp of 5.1C positively tropical :biglaugh:

Jeez, some of you Poms really are wimps when it comes to the weather. Come to Canada, where we have been dealing with wind chill values in the minus 30's, and there was a 96 car pile up yesterday due to a sudden snow squall.

To me 5 degrees is tropical compared to minus 22 that we had today.

Good on the UK for not having a cold and brutal winter. Enjoy it, wish I was there.

Cheers

Karen

Guest Guest 47403
Jeez, some of you Poms really are wimps when it comes to the weather. Come to Canada, where we have been dealing with wind chill values in the minus 30's, and there was a 96 car pile up yesterday due to a sudden snow squall.

To me 5 degrees is tropical compared to minus 22 that we had today.

Good on the UK for not having a cold and brutal winter. Enjoy it, wish I was there.

Cheers

Karen

Give me snow and cold over rain and cold any day.

Archived