Has an English man just dumped me?

Englishlover

Good luck for the future EL,it seems from the outside that you deserve much more than you are getting from him,if it happens with him, and thats what you want then great,if not, at least you can try and move on with your life

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I wonder if you are holding on to this because of your love not for him, but for Britain, which you seem to love. He gives you a link to that doesn't he?"

Can you explain this sentence more before getting apology? Does it sound like I use him for Britain (if it is rewritten). Please teach me English. Sorry, I am not native-English speaker.

Very very happy to, because I am damned annoyed that you could misinterpret what I was trying to say when it was an effort to help you-(and you have had many people here trying to do that).

Part of my culture lies not so far from your country of origin, in no way did I mean to patronise you.

It might do you more good than I originally thought to read your own posts. You make reference to English foods; English things in general. It occurred to me that you were an Anglophile.

It seemed to me that if that is the case, you should try to get to a country you love on your own steam, and not rely on someone who seems to have an answer for everything that allows delay.

(And just in case you misunderstand again-I refer purely to you coming to the UK because of a relationship, OK?)

I have to say that it has now become very clear to me that you have some strength of character. It wouldn't be difficult for someone like that to work to that end-coming to the UK I mean (just to be crystal clear). It would take time-but time is something that you have become used to.

Still waiting.....................

well i have a very close friend who through out a relationship one partner - could not fly - had "panic" attacts, after the relationship ended and he met some one else he was flying off interstate to be with his new girl friend on weekends. Sorry sounds just like another excuse.

I cannot, and I am not thinking to live there without him. Anyway, it is already over. We broke up now.

Sorry:unsure:

Surround yourself with happy people at home and u will feel better in time.

I think it's for the best...good decision even if it doesnt feel like it right now

Hi Roborac, it is me. It is a genuine post. I came across this website because my fiance is English. I always dated English in the past and found that they are nice and gentle. In addition, I like everything about England since I was a teenager , football, history for example. Do you think someone just made the fake post?:twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:

from your post above it seems you are from a different culture in Australia yet you say you have "always" dated English men and you are fascinated about England and you came about this website as your fiancé is English. Don't you think it's strange just to choose English men all the time?

I always dated people who had great values regardless as to where they came from and which country I liked. I always loved Australia however I married the person I met (regardless of where he came from) and 20 years later we moved to Aus by getting the qualifications and skills needed to get here.

I didn't join an Aussie website or fall in love with an Aussie just because I loved everything about Aus. So maybe you can get to UK under your own steam and all will not be lost.

Good luck with whoever you meet - you don't need to date an English guy just because you love everything about England. You never know - you could still end up moving to the UK!

from your post above it seems you are from a different culture in Australia yet you say you have "always" dated English men and you are fascinated about England and you came about this website as your fiancé is English. Don't you think it's strange just to choose English men all the time?

I always dated people who had great values regardless as to where they came from and which country I liked. I always loved Australia however I married the person I met (regardless of where he came from) and 20 years later we moved to Aus by getting the qualifications and skills needed to get here.

I didn't join an Aussie website or fall in love with an Aussie just because I loved everything about Aus. So maybe you can get to UK under your own steam and all will not be lost.

Good luck with whoever you meet - you don't need to date an English guy just because you love everything about England. You never know - you could still end up moving to the UK!

Hi Pommyaussie thanks for sharing. I do not think it is strange, but I think it is just different.

Right now you are hurting and i think we can all understand that and it will take a little time to get over someone you loved and thought they loved you but it is better to end it now than go to the UK with unreal expectations. As others have said get out there and enjoy life, join social groups and try new things. See the start of 2014 as a time to move forward with your life. Hope you meet someone worthy of your loyalty very soon.

Right now you are hurting and i think we can all understand that and it will take a little time to get over someone you loved and thought they loved you but it is better to end it now than go to the UK with unreal expectations. As others have said get out there and enjoy life, join social groups and try new things. See the start of 2014 as a time to move forward with your life. Hope you meet someone worthy of your loyalty very soon.

Yes, Tina2. Even I can go there for 6 months (visitor), but I do not have enough feeling to invest it so hard.

Hi Pommyaussie thanks for sharing. I do not think it is strange, but I think it is just different.

You don't think it is strange to go on the internet and meet English men? You doin't think it's strange that you "always" date English men yet you live in Australia?

Whilst I'm easy and have no problem with dating on line the fact you don't date men from your own country (Australia) and you go online to have a long distant relationship and that you deliberately target English men is IMV strange. Surely it doesn't matter where they come from? Most people meet someone on line or in person and fall in love regardless?

I'm not having a go - I'm just paraphrasing the stuff you mentioned - and to be honest if you are meeting English men on line and having long term online relationships and they turn out to be dodgy where you don't actually meet their family or know their background - you need to wonder if your desire to meet an Englishman and live in England may end up in something sinister happening? Personally I think you need to tread very carefully...and that's what I mean by strange...

Anyway good luck with your Englishman and living in England - at least this is the right place:skeptical:

You don't think it is strange to go on the internet and meet English men? You doin't think it's strange that you "always" date English men yet you live in Australia?

Whilst I'm easy and have no problem with dating on line the fact you don't date men from your own country (Australia) and you go online to have a long distant relationship and that you deliberately target English men is IMV strange. Surely it doesn't matter where they come from? Most people meet someone on line or in person and fall in love regardless?

I'm not having a go - I'm just paraphrasing the stuff you mentioned - and to be honest if you are meeting English men on line and having long term online relationships and they turn out to be dodgy where you don't actually meet their family or know their background - you need to wonder if your desire to meet an Englishman and live in England may end up in something sinister happening? Personally I think you need to tread very carefully...and that's what I mean by strange...

Anyway good luck with your Englishman and living in England - at least this is the right place:skeptical:

Hi Pommiaussie, I dated some English in Australia. This guy is only one living in the UK. Thanks for your wish anyway. My LDR has been ened. I will never have any LDR again.

Long distance relationship? i hope things work out for EL,seems like she's been kept dangling for too long,ok,its her fault to an extent,but i know ive done irrational things in the past because of emotions,people dont always think in black and white is what this thread proves i suppose,anyway,im off!

Long distance relationship? i hope things work out for EL,seems like she's been kept dangling for too long,ok,its her fault to an extent,but i know ive done irrational things in the past because of emotions,people dont always think in black and white is what this thread proves i suppose,anyway,im off!

How do you fancy living in Sydney Pablo?:biglaugh:

I cannot, and I am not thinking to live there without him. Anyway, it is already over. We broke up now.

Well done in having the confidence to say goodbye. Your life can only get better now and I am absolutely sure you will find someone who loves you the way you deserve.

Archived