Virgin Australia is the Best

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

As most of you know the past few years have been hard on us, it seemed that anything that could go wrong did go wrong, including our rental car being hit by lighting a few weeks back and Hertz charging us $4,500 despite us having full excess reduction, anyway that's a different story and as I don't allow members to name and shame I will say no more.

Anyway the other day Rob shouted me in to the office to look at an email. He says these spammers are getting cleverer and cleverer have you seen this one it says we have won $10,000. I said just delete it but then remembered I had entered a competition just giving them my velocity number. I was still unsure though so rang Virgin up who confirmed we were the winners of $10,000 flight vouchers. I told him we nearly deleted his email and he said most winners don't claim their prize as they think the same. I didn't post earlier as I wanted the vouchers in my hand before I told you.:jiggy: I just pray this is the start of better things for us.

Now please help me chose where we can go, and no not the UK.

All my little one kept saying is yippee we can now go with BobJ until I explained we wouldn't be flying on a camping trip lol.

Problem is we have no money for spends lol.

Guest Guest16631

.......what lovely news.......

.......so pleased for you.......

......and spin a globe........lol...!...( helps if your one side ready,just in case you've already picked...lol..)

Hi Pom Queen, wow what a wonderful surprise. Life does seem to offer you a hand just as things seem to be hitting rock bottom...

I am sure there are many members of this forum who would be willing to offer you a room after all the input into this forum, if I was in Oz there would certainly be a door open for you but unfortunately I don't think your vouchers will last till 2015!

I wish you well with your travels and hope you get to spend them on a wonderful adventure.

One other thought, though it may be different with Virgin Australia to the Virgin we book here in the UK, but is there not the option to book an All Inclusive somewhere?

As most of you know the past few years have been hard on us, it seemed that anything that could go wrong did go wrong, including our rental car being hit by lighting a few weeks back and Hertz charging us $4,500 despite us having full excess reduction, anyway that's a different story and as I don't allow members to name and shame I will say no more.

Anyway the other day Rob shouted me in to the office to look at an email. He says these spammers are getting cleverer and cleverer have you seen this one it says we have won $10,000. I said just delete it but then remembered I had entered a competition just giving them my velocity number. I was still unsure though so rang Virgin up who confirmed we were the winners of $10,000 flight vouchers. I told him we nearly deleted his email and he said most winners don't claim their prize as they think the same. I didn't post earlier as I wanted the vouchers in my hand before I told you.:jiggy: I just pray this is the start of better things for us.

Now please help me chose where we can go, and no not the UK.

All my little one kept saying is yippee we can now go with BobJ until I explained we wouldn't be flying on a camping trip lol.

Problem is we have no money for spends lol.

Oh how wonderful! And lucky you didn't delete the email! So pleased for you, wherever you go make it a great one and enjoy every minute. :-) :hugs:

Congratulations, that`s great! I would probably have deleted it, can`t remember how many times I`ve "won" something :chatterbox:. You could you pretty far with 10 000 $, how does Central/South America sound to you? Once you get there it`s cheap. Costarica must be beautiful, or the Amazon. All inclusive luxurious vacation in the Maldives with diving? Not familiar at all with African countries but I wouldn`t think it would be too expensive. Whatever you decide is going to be fabulous I`m sure, have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived