Where's the most popular location to live North of Perth with good commutes to CBD

North to South

The in laws stay in butler and love it, they are ten mins from clarkson if that and the train goes straight to cbd, in the next few months the train station should be built!

they are 1 minute to marmion avenue and on eof the main highways which i cant remember is ten mins!

Any suburb that is close to the freeway, preferably on the Ocean side of Marmion, with houses in the right price range would be good for a look round. Butler is OK for a starting point. As Perth goes further and further North new suburbs are popping up all the time. Trouble is the freeway and infrastructure seems to take a long time to catch up.

Some of the newer suburbs will look like a great investment in a few years.

If you can get a job in Joondalup, even better.

I have been looking at these suburbs myself and wondered if anyone knew the commuting time via train from say Joondalup or Butler to the CBD? How busy are the trains and do they run quite early or late? I tried looking for timetables but they don't seem to user friendly.

We've lived in half a dozen suburbs up here.

Butler - soulless, full of homes west

Quinns - bogan city, no shoes required (ever)

Mindarie - attracts the worst Poms you'd ever wish to meet, champagne swingers with 30 credit cards each who pretend they're Posh & Becks

Iluka - more scousers than Merseyside

Clarkson - Democratic Republic of Congo

Joondalup - full of Irish brickies permanently on the lash, living 10 to an apartment

Nah, only joking, they're all OK. Just depends how big you want your mortgage payments to be.

Guest Guest66881
We've lived in half a dozen suburbs up here.

Butler - soulless, full of homes west:policeman:

Quinns - bogan city, no shoes required (ever):notworthy:

Mindarie - attracts the worst Poms you'd ever wish to meet, champagne swingers with 30 credit cards each who pretend they're Posh & Becks:biglaugh:

Iluka - more scousers than Merseyside:eek:

Clarkson - Democratic Republic of Congo:laugh:

Joondalup - full of Irish brickies permanently on the lash, living 10 to an apartment:cool:

Nah, only joking, they're all OK. Just depends how big you want your mortgage payments to be.

:yes:

Got any other areas to add to that wondrous list you compiled for us:wink:

:yes:

Got any other areas to add to that wondrous list you compiled for us:wink:

The only other ones I know really are:

Jindalee - sand, Hungry Jacks and dog turds everywhere

Merriwa - Lord of the Rings was filmed in the Merriwa IGA; no make-up required

Kinross - Merriwa with knobs on

I am only joking you know.

I have been looking at these suburbs myself and wondered if anyone knew the commuting time via train from say Joondalup or Butler to the CBD? How busy are the trains and do they run quite early or late? I tried looking for timetables but they don't seem to user friendly.

Commuting from Butler to the CBD takes about an hour minimum door to door approx depending on where you live in Butler etc. That includes driving to the train station. The trains in the morning run approx every 8-10 mins which in my view isn't frequent enough and that is around 7.30am too so I guess it depends on what time you start work. They are always busy in the morning but if you get on at Clarkson (end of the line) you can probably get a seat.

Butler is full of poms and child friendly so if thats what your after you'll probably like it.

Guest Guest66881
The only other ones I know really are:

Jindalee - sand, Hungry Jacks and dog turds everywhere:laugh:

Merriwa - Lord of the Rings was filmed in the Merriwa IGA; no make-up required:biglaugh:

Kinross - Merriwa with knobs on:cool:

I am only joking you know.

What about wanneroo?

Never been to Carramar, the name reminds me of Caramacs and I hated them. So, that would put me off living there.

Alkimos is going to be a building site for 25 years, jib that.

Those areas near Whitfords seem a bit meffy, plus they are the hotspot breeding ground for the new generation of 18 & 19 yr old SuperBogans about to be unleashed on society.

I'd forgotten Ridgewood existed.

The best place is Two Rocks; its like Runcorn in Australia i.e. that zombie movie set in the shopping mall.

Try Padbury or Craigie. Both quite nice and reasonably close to railway stations. Both also have very good primary schools and Padbury is in the catchment area for Duncraig High School which has a very good reputation.

tbh they would be my choice if you can get a house in the right price range. They are older areas, more established, generally bigger blocks with more privacy, good schools with staff that have been there a few years, not too far away from very good beaches, close to Hillary's marina, good bus routes to and from the railway station, good shopping, cinemas all nearby, nice established parks, doesn't feel like you are living in a sandpit with constant building going on. Some good buys in those areas.

Guest Guest 47403
Beldon and Craigie out performing most areas sales wise again, all down to what P1P just outlined really.

Which area are you in Paul?

P1P your ocean reef aren't you?

• 2 weeks later...
Never been to Carramar, the name reminds me of Caramacs and I hated them. So, that would put me off living there.

Those areas near Whitfords seem a bit meffy, plus they are the hotspot breeding ground for the new generation of 18 & 19 yr old SuperBogans about to be unleashed on society.

The best place is Two Rocks; its like Runcorn in Australia i.e. that zombie movie set in the shopping mall.

I grew up in Runcorn. Think I'll probably fit in well lol.

Debs

What would you say about Woodvale gpo1971?

QUOTE=gpo1971;1936392048]Never been to Carramar, the name reminds me of Caramacs and I hated them. So, that would put me off living there.

Archived