My first WA camping trip

fifi69

Awesome.... we also sold or threw our camping gear in the UK... looking forward to re commencing here. Are the shacks free to use? Did you take a tent? What prep did you do to get the car on the beach? I'm nervous of getting stuck (I did bring my British Shogun / Pajero with me :))

There was no props at all with getting it on the beach...sand was pretty firm.

yes we only have a little diddly tent at the mo. Didnt want to spend too much on our first trip just in case...but I'm totally loving it already.

Funny thing thing is at this campsite...we are surrounded by poms..even the guy booking us in was Scottish..

First night camping in Dongara and the excitement of ensuite toilet/shower block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21666[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21667[/ATTACH]

There is a huge shower too that you can't see, plus loads of power points. We are charging up the esky overnight.

getting ready for supper

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21668[/ATTACH]

I stopped off in Dongara for a bbq after staying at Kalbari and Quabba ect .........have a great time Fifi ...........don't be worrying about us on PIO ....... and xxloorn ,at this time of the yr it doesnt get cold ......you will be fine .........we camp in the garden with the children now n again .......

does it get cold at night in a tent like it does in the UK? like do you need a good sleeping bag?

Can only speak for now...but right at this mo I'm sat out in shorts and a little tee shirt and its 9.45 pm...been mega hot today. We only bought a little starter type tent...but basically you can unravel the outer sides and let the breeze in. No way are you going to feel cold.

Yes,and you need a pack of playing cards to play gin rummy while the rain batters the caravan roof for a week,ahhhh i love Talacre!

Haha...OH picked up a pack of cards this morning...said shall we take these for a game of strip poker.... I'm gonna loose on purpose...

Archived