Whats your bucket list of things to do before leaving the UK?

w1johnston

I was wondering if any of you had a list of things you'd like to do before you leave the UK or for those coming the other way what is/was your list of things to do in Aus before coming back to the UK?

We started the process of getting our Visa last April, I knew the process would be long (I hadnt realised it would be this long though!) and I still felt I had unfinished buisness here so to speak, so I had 2 things I really wanted to do before we leave.

First was to visit London. I have travelled a lot, but never spent any time in our Capital City. So in June last year that is exactly what we did. We went on the London Eye, a cruise on the Thames and we went to a live show of The Million Pound Drop.

Second was to drive to France. This is something I have always wanted to do and in July last year we did it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and ive driven there another 2 times since then. I Love driving in France, well on the motorways at least. The French have far better road etiquette than us Britts!

Mrs W1 really wanted to have another baby before Aus (I didnt mind if it was before or after). Fortunately she was already a couple of months pregnant by the time we started the process and our son was born in November last year.

I feel that I could move now without any regrets of things I hadn't done here.

Please share your experiences.

I wanted to go to Alton Towers. Having made the move a few years ago, I think the most important thing to do is to visit family.

We're off to Alton Towers for a couple of days on Tuesday. Celebrating my birthday and DS coming of height!

I wanted to go to Alton Towers. Having made the move a few years ago, I think the most important thing to do is to visit family.

Fortunately for us all our family are close by, apart from my dad who used to live up in Edinburgh but not long after announcing our intentions he decided to move back down to Newcastle so he's been around loads lately and been a great baby sitter. We do see the rest of the famly, perhaps not as often as we could but thats life. we will make more of an effort before we go though.

Maybe get all the family together and get a professional photographer to take some family shots!?

We did that last year for my dad, but your post has made me think, we could do that for my mam this year. Another xmas present to cross off the list lol thanks.

I haven't either (yet) but I don't see why working class folk (or the have nots) are conditioned in their thinking to believe that everything they owe must be paid, when in reality there are no laws in place to back this up. At the same time, the corporations and individuals with vast amounts of wealth pay very little of what they should!

When I leave the UK I will not need any of the financial institutions of the UK again so I don't care what they put on my credit file, I'll be in sunny Oz playing the game of paying what I owe when I owe it. If for any reason I leave Oz, I'll do exactly the same again. Just like the banks and large businesses do all the time.

I haven't either (yet) but I don't see why working class folk (or the have nots) are conditioned in their thinking to believe that everything they owe must be paid, when in reality there are no laws in place to back this up. At the same time, the corporations and individuals with vast amounts of wealth pay very little of what they should!

When I leave the UK I will not need any of the financial institutions of the UK again so I don't care what they put on my credit file, I'll be in sunny Oz playing the game of paying what I owe when I owe it. If for any reason I leave Oz, I'll do exactly the same again. Just like the banks and large businesses do all the time.

Did you post that on the wrong thread?

This one is about things to do before departing UK.

• 2 weeks later...

After taking up running this year (at 41 years old) I did the Great North Run in September. I wanted to run a marathon next year, now we have our visas, we have a planned date to leave the UK and this week I offered a charity place for the London Marathon.

The OH wants to go to New York, that's gonna cost me!!

Archived