Trip reports of a guy on a WHV

tingtongman

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A slosh of orange juice in pumpkin soup is good too. Pumpkin is great roasted as well - goes nice and caramelly on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside. Lovely in salads. I do a roasted pumpkin and caramellized red onion salad which is good - you roast the pumpkin in olive oil, caramalize the onions in balsamic vinegar and then combine them while still warm and put on a bed of lettuce. You can also use slices of pumpkin in a veggie lasagne.

thanks for all the ideas, I may try the bacon on first though!!!!! biggest problem with the pumpkin is to cut it open and peel it. Still busy with working most days so upload all my pics and write some kind of report. Pumpkins is hard, and its even harder when you are doing it in a line with 5 95kg strong Solomen men, you slow down and everyone is telling you to speed up :S. Cant feel my hands,legs or back. Must.Keep.Going!

Had sunday off and enjoyed a little barbie, really love the idea of BBQ at every grass side area

11303456805_79484f61fe_c.jpg

Hey tony

Fingers crossed next year. I'm from lanarkshire. How have you found it job wise?

Glad your having a great time

aww cool, you been planning it for a while?

I found a job in customer service working for australian government right away but its finished now so im looking for something else

hopefully get something quick!!

aww cool, you been planning it for a while?

I found a job in customer service working for australian government right away but its finished now so im looking for something else

hopefully get something quick!!

I still can't decide between a year or a holiday! Are you going to do a extra year? Hope you find something else quickly. How are you finding it moneywise. Seems expensive for backpackers!

I still can't decide between a year or a holiday! Are you going to do a extra year? Hope you find something else quickly. How are you finding it moneywise. Seems expensive for backpackers!

yeah going to do my farming work in march to get the other year but will be back in scotland in october for a bit

moneywise its ok starting to run out now it is very expensive tbh

been working i think 10 days straight, average day about 7-8 hours. Picking pumpkins in this heat is not nice let me tell you that. It depends on how nice the farmer is and when he wants you to stop, our farmer lets us do it untill we want to stop, but I hear some people say the farmers wont let them go untill 1pm.

Sometimes its that hot after 10am, that its really not fun at all to keep picking in the heat. Sorry for the lack of updates, I have worked alot and didnt have much time to post. Will post pics when i get a chance.

been working i think 10 days straight, average day about 7-8 hours. Picking pumpkins in this heat is not nice let me tell you that. It depends on how nice the farmer is and when he wants you to stop, our farmer lets us do it untill we want to stop, but I hear some people say the farmers wont let them go untill 1pm.

Sometimes its that hot after 10am, that its really not fun at all to keep picking in the heat. Sorry for the lack of updates, I have worked alot and didnt have much time to post. Will post pics when i get a chance.

Just keep thinking about the poor cricketers. I heard it was 42 degrees at the WACA wicket one day.

Wonder if he had onion or pumpkin soup lol

haha, roasted pumpkins and fried onions!!!

11612503943_2d4a6a94a1_c.jpg

Xmas was good, we just had a BBQ with a few friends, nothing to fancy, been working mostly, but glad today wasent long, 40degrees or there abouts here. Not leaving the house at all for the next of the day