189 August '13 thread

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to work out how long it is taking from the c/o to grant, for 189 offshore. I'm using an agent (don't know if this helps speed things up) they tell me it's 8-9 weeks. That would put me at Christmas.....I take it things slow down in Oz during January (summer hols and all).

Trying to work out how long it is taking from the c/o to grant, for 189 offshore. I'm using an agent (don't know if this helps speed things up) they tell me it's 8-9 weeks. That would put me at Christmas.....I take it things slow down in Oz during January (summer hols and all).

Ours was on shore (I know you're after offshore) and it was 1 week from CO allocation to grant. We pre-loaded medicals, police checks, forms 80 and 1221...

I applied the same day as you. So its 8 weeks on Wednesday. I too have done medical and pre loaded PCC. Fingers crossed for direct grants for us both, that would be amazing and a dream finally come true.

Hi guys thought I'd let you know roughly where my husband and I are:

Invite 19/08/14

Application lodged 20/08/13

Allocated team in Brisbane 15/10/13

Case officer: 17/10/13 (found out by calling immigration, no contact from case officer yet)

Hopefully we'll all hear something soon.

Wooooo! To say I only posted earlier today our timeframe we just got our grant! It was a direct grant too! That's only 2 working days from getting a case officer!

Congrats to those others who got theirs today. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone else waiting for their grant :)

I applied the same day as you. So its 8 weeks on Wednesday. I too have done medical and pre loaded PCC. Fingers crossed for direct grants for us both, that would be amazing and a dream finally come true.

Yes I sent mega loads of stuff to the agent, even though only claiming 3 years work history to get the 60 points. So hoping for a direct grant also. Although that will mean never knowing about case officer, but as using an agent, not really in touch with the on line system anyway.

Wooooo! To say I only posted earlier today our timeframe we just got our grant! It was a direct grant too! That's only 2 working days from getting a case officer!

Congrats to those others who got theirs today. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone else waiting for their grant :)

great news :)

Yes I sent mega loads of stuff to the agent, even though only claiming 3 years work history to get the 60 points. So hoping for a direct grant also. Although that will mean never knowing about case officer, but as using an agent, not really in touch with the on line system anyway.

im exactly the same, I may ask agent for information Weds/Thurs to confirm if CO has been allocated

I applied on 31/8 a few days after ye. Just looking at direct grants this week 2 of them were on day 59 and one on day 62 - they are the quickest grants. So we still have a few days maybe end of the week beginning of next week. Today you are on day 54:)

I applied on 31/8 a few days after ye. Just looking at direct grants this week 2 of them were on day 59 and one on day 62 - they are the quickest grants. So we still have a few days maybe end of the week beginning of next week. Today you are on day 54:)

Yea I think direct grants could happen next week if we are lucky and case officers this week :)

Yeah man we were lucky. 8 Weeks on the dot. Best of luck with everything

Thanks mate, same to you. Feel sorry for those struggling that applied in June and are still waiting. All the best