189 August '13 thread

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lodged our visa 6 weeks ago now in mid-August (19th). Hoping to buck the trend and hear something from DIAC this week! A grant would be awesome!

Good luck to everyone else playing the waiting game also!

8 weeks now, would be awesome if we got our grant this week!!

8 weeks now, would be awesome if we got our grant this week!!

Called the DIAC just now, we were allocated a CO on Friday just gone a couple of days after allocation to a team.

Called the DIAC just now, we were allocated a CO on Friday just gone a couple of days after allocation to a team.

I called DIAC on Thursday. I was told that our application has been assigned to Brisbane team, but no CO allocated until Thursday. Hope we were also allocated with CO on Friday. Fingers crossed..

My dear August team! We received a golden letter from Brisbane33 with direct grant this morning. And today is our wedding anniversary day (13 years together) so now we have a greatest gift I can imagine :)

Good luck to all of you!!!

Any more news from anyone??? I am only on day 45 now it is absolutely dragging :( looks like most people around the 20th August submission have case officers now so fingers crossed for grants to start coming through. Wish it was this day next week. I have definitely learned the last few weeks how inpatient I am.

Any grants today?

Out of interest, are grants issued by the case officer at any time of the day? Or are they issued systematically each day at midnight or similar once they have been approved the day before by the CO?

Out of interest, are grants issued by the case officer at any time of the day? Or are they issued systematically each day at midnight or similar once they have been approved the day before by the CO?

Good question- no idea? I had seen somewhere on a thread grants only issued on Mondays but that def not the case as people even got grants today on another forum.

Will be interested to see if anyone knows. Isn't it such a shame that when you get a case officer allocated the in progress message on evisa doesn't change to allocated or something - bet would cut down massively in the phone calls they get.

Hi All, we submitted the 21st... having problems logging on to evisa and asked agent but they just said they hadn't been contacted my CO yet... so didn't really get I was asking if we had been allocated yet! Grrh! Going to try and log on tonight. We are waiting for husband's new passport (his expires in November so tried to anticipate them asking for a replacement) but husband has been working a lot away and needed passport so did a weeks priority so need that to come ASAP so I can get certified and uploaded. I don't want to add on more delay! It is 8 weeks today... really hope some more August people get there news soon.... crossing everything!