Rupert Murdoch elected in Australia :-)

Skippy1

So it looks like Abbott is going to win.....Does Australia know what it means having Rupert Murdoch as your backroom buddy, i think i might be a little nervous as to the motives....... But i am sure big business is rubbing its hands in anticipation by the sounds of things..................Is this good for Australia? Only time will tell i suppose. As someone looking forward to getting there early in 2014 I hope it is.....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:notworthy::notworthy:

So it looks like Abbott is going to win.....Does Australia know what it means having Rupert Murdoch as your backroom buddy, i think i might be a little nervous as to the motives....... But i am sure big business is rubbing its hands in anticipation by the sounds of things..................Is this good for Australia? Only time will tell i suppose. As someone looking forward to getting there early in 2014 I hope it is.....

I liked your post for the title, it does seem that way, won by media, not the actual merits of the parties. Election by media it seems. I saw this ad recently, made me a bit :confused:that media is having such a hold over things (its not a new thing thats for sure, not in Aus or elsewhere), a sign of the times perhaps? Where the real power is?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2013/sep/05/banned-anti-murdoch-ad-video

Has Murdoch changed allegiance? That is did he support Labour last time and the time before?

it's all about business and MONEY as far as the slimey old bastard is concerned......Labor's NBN was going to give Foxtel a big kick in the guts....the LNP's won't....hence he supports the party that puts more money into his coffers.....stiff sh!t for the average man on the street.....hope the odious old prick gets taken to the cleaners by his equally odious wife Wendy Deng in their divorce.

it's all about business and MONEY as far as the slimey old bastard is concerned......Labor's NBN was going to give Foxtel a big kick in the guts....the LNP's won't....hence he supports the party that puts more money into his coffers.....stiff sh!t for the average man on the street.....hope the odious old prick gets taken to the cleaners by his equally odious wife Wendy Deng in their divorce.

I did not ask for opinions on RM per se. My question was, did he support Labour last time and the time before? People seemed to be suggesting that he dictates the government, so I was wondering.

I did not ask for opinions on RM per se. My question was, did he support Labour last time and the time before? People seemed to be suggesting that he dictates the government, so I was wondering.

Yes...his newspapers in 2007 supported the ALP.....after so many years of the Howard Government everyone including the odious Yank knew what was coming and he basically jumped on the Kevin 07 bandwagon as by supporting the incoming party his business interest would be well served.

Has Murdoch changed allegiance? That is did he support Labour last time and the time before?

You are joking right? Murdoch decided the NBN was a problem and drove 2GB and his press to nail Labor. He owns the press, Alan (queen) Jones, Ray (can't play) Hadley, and countless others. Even Mark Parton here in the ACT. Rupert will want his pound of flesh though, bigtime

When Abbott destroys the Australian economy, cuts thousands of jobs and sends us into recession, please be aware that I'm NOT above saying "I told you so".

Murdoch abused his virtual monopoly powers to brainwash a bunch of sheep too lazy to think for themselves that Labor had done a bad job. The very people stupid enough to believe the Murdoch press are the ones most likely to be hurt by having the LNP in power.

they've got the mad monk down to a tee.

As well as the enormous shift to the right which will occur with Captain Catholic (and his handler Cardinal George Pell) the Wobblies (sorry the Wallabies) are going to get an enormous touch up by the Springboks.......Jesus...buggered on both fronts

You are joking right? Murdoch decided the NBN was a problem and drove 2GB and his press to nail Labor. He owns the press, Alan (queen) Jones, Ray (can't play) Hadley, and countless others. Even Mark Parton here in the ACT. Rupert will want his pound of flesh though, bigtime

No I am not joking. I am well aware of Rupert Murdoch's media empire, my question was did he support Labour previously, to which some have responded yes he did, although you seem to be suggesting no he did not, although I can't quite tell as you are not clear. I did not live here previously and the Australian election process did not feature very highly on the radar in the rest of the world, hence I was asking a genuine question. Presume it is ok with you to ask a question to get a better perspective? Or shall we all just rant.

I wonder if the people who hate Murdoch so much ever actually READ his newspapers or WATCH his television channels? I'm watching Sky's coverage of the Election as I write and I can't see any evidence of bias/prejudice on the part of the presenters. Probabably a lot more objective than on the ABC which makes no secret of its hatred of Murdoch.

Archived