Georgiam

didn't you just post a similar but slightly different story this morning?

If not there is a similar thread somewhere asking a similar question (not about the passport query though - that I have no idea about but personally I wouldn't risk it!).

Edited by jac2011

Ive got quite a few friends out there, one of which has a business and said he'll sponser me just to get a visa, so does anyone know how strict they are and whether they'll know if i dont work for the company that has sponsered me?

They're very strict. It's easy for a mate to say his business will sponsor but it's much harder to do. The business needs to fulfil certain conditions (including spending money on training Australians) before they are approved as a sponsor. Nowadays for a 457 visa they have to prove they've advertised the job for a certain period and that no Australian was found to be suitable. The job also needs to be on the CSOL. As for not actually working there - where will you work? No-one else can employ you as the visa is only valid for that employer.

Also, someone mentioned that if i 'lost' my passport and got a new one, therefore a new passport number then i could get the first working holiday visa again? Does anyone know if this is true?

It's not true. DIAC's systems aren't stupid. They can even detect if you try again with a passport from another country. Some daft irishman on 'Border Control' tried it on and was immediately deported.

Have you an occupation in demand? Have you considered gaining an occupation that will lead to you getting to Oz permanently? Do you want to move permanently or just go on a holiday Visa.

I am no expert with visa's but it does sound unlikely that you will get another WHV (I could easily be wrong). I would be thinking more long term, life is a long hard slog if we don't make the right foundations now.

I wanted to emigrate and as you can see from my signature its taken me since 2008 to get 3/4 of the way there and a whole change of career. I am still 2 years off! I gave up on the idea of WHV or Reccies as I knew we would need every penny to settle over there.

Sometimes there are sacrifices in life, sometimes they take a while but if you want a future in Oz, I would suggest looking at careers on the CSOL and seeing what you would like to do in the future. The gates to Oz certainly do seem to be closing each year since I stalked this forum in 2008. Its getting more expensive and jobs are disappearing.

I wish you all the best and I hope you get what you want xx

DIAC is really cracking down on the employer sponsorship visas. It was shown that a large number of employers were starting to sponsor overseas candidates for jobs where there were sufficient applications from Australian citizens/permanent residents. To be sponsored for a job in Australia anyway, you need a skill that is in demand. You can't just be sponsored by an employer and then not work for that employer. You'll be found out and put on a plane straight back home.

You can't get a bridging visa to do the regional farm work. You have to complete the 3 months farm work within the 12 months of your original visa. This is a legal requirement.

You can't just get a new passport and apply for the working holiday visa again. DIAC will do you over for immigration fraud and then it'll be a loooong time before you're allowed back in Oz!

If you're that keen to return, maybe you should look at all your options and consider some more legitimate ways of returning to Oz?

There are a lot of people on this forum who are working so incredibly hard to make the move to Oz and they're doing everything by the book and going through the right channels. You've essentially asked if we know of any ways you can commit immigration fraud to get back quickly, so it's bound to ruffle a few feathers. If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you do the farm work when you were out there?

I appreciate that, but at the time of posting didn't realise the sponsership route i was suggesting was fraud- i am quite niave and just thought i'd put the idea out there, i'm sure im not the only person thinking it! But thats no need to be funny- it could have easily been put nicely such as yourself did! Didnt do my farm work as was planning to do it on the last three months of my stay, but my year was cut short due to family issues at home so i had to return, just really want to go back to do my farm work so i can apply legitimately, but seems thats not possible :(

No it won't be possible. When I tried to do my farm work, I was held hostage by a perverted farmer with a gun. Couldn't bring myself to go back on a rural farm after that. But you know, even that's not an 'exception' in the eyes of DIAC, even considering the police had to get involved. They're very black and white about the 3 month rule. Hence why I'm retraining as a nurse now so I can return by applying for PR.

This forum is not a place to seek out how to work around the system or do anything that is illegal. Please refrain from asking these types of questions.

Also take note that if you think the Immigration Department does not read the posts on forums such as this you are very misguided. Its a public forum for everyone to read.

Immigration are now linked to the tax office, so they can tell if you have not been working at the right employer, at the right wage.

and financial institutions, Medicare, super funds, VETASSESS and others, IELTS test centres and so on and so on. They can ond do directly check overseas certifications directly with relevant authorities.

We have the following on our service agreements:

*Please note: Under the Migration Agents Code of Conduct a Registered Migration Agent is liable to severe sanctions for submitting fraudulent documents or misleading information that he or she knew, or should have known, were fraudulent or misleading. If you provide us with fraudulent documents or misleading information or allow another party to do so we will at our sole discretion terminate this agreement on such terms as we see fit.

Edited by wrussell

It has just occured to me that this must have happened so much before. Think about it people have the same names as other people its only the combination of name, DOB and nationality that actually defines a set of organs walking around as a particular person. If someone ever managed to get two passports with a different dob on them they could slip through the net.

It has just occured to me that this must have happened so much before. Think about it people have the same names as other people its only the combination of name, DOB and nationality that actually defines a set of organs walking around as a particular person. If someone ever managed to get two passports with a different dob on them they could slip through the net.

Not with today's biometrics. In some places fingerprints are mandatory. I once had a client with the same name on DOB as as 'person of interest'. THEY knew quite well that he was not a person of interest, but held him up many hours.

yes but my partners worked with refugees in the uk who have no id whatsoever and dont know their dob. Their age is usually estimated by a doctor and if their older than toddler its impossible to know the month so often its stated as 1st jan on said estimated year. Its possible that they could secretly have another passport, of course thats likely to not be from a country on the whv scheme!!!!