Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bridging visa'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 72 results

  1. Hi, we are on the eVisitor (651) Visa at the moment. That is 2 adults and one child. As we are here for almost 3 month but wish to stay for some more time we though we just go for the Tourist (600) Visa. However we enrolled our child in a school here and just noticed that it seems that school enrolment is not allowed for more then 3 month. We really would like to have another school term though as it's perfect to get in touch with children and learning English. Now this leads to the following questions - Do we get ANOTHER 3 month when we switch from 651 to 600? - is there any way of getting the permit for school enrolment while being on 600 but having used the 3 month enrolment on a 651 before? - what other options would there be if this is not working on the 600? - if we apply for 600 do we get a bridging Visa if our 651 expires soon? Any help is highly appreciated. Regards sct
  2. Hi Guys, I have got a technical query on the partner visa. My wife just got the visa visa subclass 600 for a duration of 1 year allowing multiple entries of 3 months stay each. We plan to lodge the partner visa onshore as soon she is here. My wife has enrolled into a master's program, thus we need the bridging visa for sure so that she could continue the porgam at the end of 3 months. However I wanted to find out whether the bridging visa (in lieu of partner visa) starts at the expiry of her 3 months stay or at the lapse of her visit visa after a year? Secondly what's the best timeframe to lodge the partner visa i.e few weeks before the end of 3 months stay?
  3. Hi, I am currently onshore and my 482 visa expired in Dec 2020. I currently have an active BVA for the 482. This year I was invited to the NSW state 190 visa and I have filed my documents & medical reports in the IMMI account. I have thus been issued a BVC in inactive status with “no conditions”. In this situation, if I change my job, would the new employer has to sponsor my 482? Or will my BVA get cancelled on a job switch and my BVC will become active thus enabling me to work full time with no need for a new 482 sponsor? Your help is greatly appreciated. Regards Kits
  4. Hi All, I applied for Temporary visa 485 graduate subclass on 21st September 20. Its been more than 9 months but there has been no activity on my application. I am currently on bridging visa A and in process of getting it converted to bridging visa B and applying for exemption to travel to India on compassionate and caring grounds. Given situation in India and limited return flights, it is hard to determine that I would be able to return to Australia in less than 3 months and it seems that AU government is more lenient in giving exemptions for 3 months+ return window. As per Immi website, BVB can be applied\reapplied only when in Australia and it is recommended that it is for less than 3 months duration. I am stuck in dilemma, to increase possibility of getting an exemption I need more than 3 months of BVB but AU immigration allows BVB for less than 3 months and it can be applied when in AU. Please help me and suggest how I can travel to India to take care of my family and still be able to come back to Australia in case of any delays(3months +).
  5. Flavia Arantes

    Bridging visa B

    I am seeking advice on bridging visa B. At the moment I am on a BVA waiting for the final decision on my 491 visa application. I have been waiting almost a year now. I am originally from Brazil and my mother is going through a difficult situation and soon will need to go under a surgery that will let her unable to walk for a while so she needs assistance. I would like to go there and assist her. I know that it has a chance of not being able to come back to Australia any time soon, who knows... maybe next year. I am also not confident that my visa will be granted any time soon as my profession is not on the high demand list. I overheard that some people got BVB approved for 1 year... I am considering applying but still not sure if it can affect my visa application somehow. Could you guys advise on this matter? Also, another concern of mine is if they give me a one-year BVB and by this time the travel has not been lifted how I would have to deal with the situation? Or would they give me 3 months BVB with the current situation?
  6. Hi guys, I was on a student visa till two weeks ago (20 January 2021). I lodged a subclass 476 - skilled graduate visa in 2020 (11 November 2020) and was issued a bridging visa C with no work rights. I have two issues now. Firstly should I have been issued a Bridging Visa A with work rights? Secondly when I do a VEVO my status does not display, I am scared the bridging visa is not in effect. HELP ME PLEASE!
  7. Hi all, First time poster here. I’m currently on a tourist visa which expires in September. We applied for my partner visa (from Australia) last month. My BVA doesn’t activate until my tourist visa expires. Is there any way to get it activated sooner? My partner’s work has been affected by the coronavirus and it would be great if I could start looking for work. TIA!
  8. Hey there! I would really love some clarification on a couple things please.. have a tricky situation and next to no straight answers My partner is in Australia on a Philippines passport currently on his student 500 visa which expires on the 15th of March.. and allows travel. We are intending on extending his stay in Australia with the post graduate 485 visa after this.. HOWEVER, before he planned on applying for the 485 visa we booked a holiday to Bali for two weeks which he was then intending on going home.. things have now changed and we have a bit of tricky navigation to get there first.. His visa expires the 15th of March, we intend to leave for Bali the 13th of March BUT his course doesn't finish until the 10th of March meaning we cannot apply for the 485 visa and bridging visa B until successful course completion.. this gives us a tiny 3 day window between visa application submission and a 5 day window between submission and visa expiry.. My main question is, can he leave the country on his student visa and then have the bridging visa approved while in Bali or should we wait and change travel arrangements until bvb is all approved? If anyone knows how the system generally works that would be amazing!! Thankyou!
  9. Hi, I wanted some advice on which visa route to take for myself (British born UK Citizen) to get to Australia soon after Marriage (2nd October 2020) to my Fiance (Australian Citizen). We are both of Indian Heritage, which as a result as meant that we have been unable to live with one another before marriage. We have been together for 14 months of which we have traveled to each others countries and met up in other countries. We have our chat logs, numerous pictures, reciepts, plane tickets and other evidence to support our relationship. We have some main goals Move as soon as possible after marriage (Long distance relationships are hell :( ) For me to start work as soon as possible (I need my sanity and i do love my job) For us to be able to travel and have couple holidays as well as me be able to visit my family in the UK without having to worry about getting back into Australia. And without jeopardizing my work situation We are getting mixed messages around which visa route to take. We know our options are the following 1. Prospective Marriage Visa (Fiance Visa) Our concern here is that we have a wedding date set with so many deposits paid that we are unable to change the date of marriage. What would happen if we apply for this visa and we get married before we are granted it? Also the visa duration time. 2. Partner Visa (offshore) Although we have been reassured that other couples in our situation have been ok with this visa, the fact that we have not lived together or have financial responsibilities together worries us. We will do but at present this hasn't happened due to us living on the other side of the planet. 3. Visitor Visa for 3 months then apply for Partner Visa (Onshore) on arrival to Australia which will issue a bridging gap visa This for us sounds like a gamble, we have read that sometimes bridging visas aren't granted. Also the duration from the bridging visa to the actual partner visa. We know that bridging visa A will not allow me to travel but as a newly married couple adventures will be the 1st thing on our list. We are aware the bridging visa B will be possible but with short periods away from Australia, and that I could have to wait for a 3 month period again on a visitor visa to be granted a bridging visa which will then stop me from working again. This is all so confusing for us and we would appreciate any advice or guidance that has either helped you and your partner in a similar situation or even any legal advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
  10. Hi all, I have looked into this on various website and need some clarification. I don't know wether this is a loophole in the system or this is standard practice. If you lodge you expression of interest and get an invitation to apply. You have 60 days to apply, once you application has been submitted you then enter the country on a tourist visa. Once in the country a tourist visa you can then apply for a Bridging Visa. On the bridging visa it will give you the same work rights as a your previous visa ( 189/190 or whatever you are applying for). So the processing time (10months) can be spent in Australia not in the country where you applied from. Then after the 10 month processing time is up the PR is granted and you move from your Bridging Visa to the PR status....the only problem is that you cant work for the first 3 months. Is this correct and has anybody ever done this?
  11. Hi My ex and I came to Australia together. I was sponsored on a 457 visa and my partner was added to my application. Since then we have applied for the 187 visa and had a baby. Fast forward a few years, baby is now 3 our 187 application was rejected (usual reason - company couldn’t justify my position and afford to pay me..) - our migration agent said this was ridiculous and that many others had been rejected for similar reasons so we appealed in July 2017. We are now all on a bridging visa. However, pressures of uncertainty all just got too much and we are now going through a messy break up. He has moved away and the split is looking permanent. So I am now unsure what to do, I know I need to inform immigration/AAT of this and am planning to do so. But I am also worried about what will happen to my ex. Will he have to leave the country despite the fact his child is here, or will he be offered a way to stay when immigration get in touch with him? He has asked that I do not inform immigration if this, but am really worried that this could affect all our chances of staying and I know as soon as my employer knows that they will inform AAT anyway. Does it matter how long we were together before this or the fact we have been waiting so long for a decision? Or does the fact that it was rejected and it’s now on appeal work against us? Thank you in advance for any information you can offer it really is much appreciated.
  12. Hello,I'm currently waiting for my remaining relative visa to be approved (It's been 7 months and onshore application. people say it can take decades). My parent, brother, sister, nephew and niece are all Australian citizens.While on the wait, DIBP granted me a bridging visa A in which i'm not allowed to work. 2 months ago DIBP requested my medical check result (from BUPA) and police record from my country of origin. There has been no other request from them eversince. I have recently re-applied for work permit after i got rejected 5 months ago (DIBP said i did not demonstrate my financial hardship). My questions are: 1. After undergoing my medical assesment, what will be the next process and how long normally from the time DIBP received my medical result?2. Is it possible to get my work permit approved after second application?I hope someone can help me with the answer. Thank you.
  13. Hi all, My partner and I will have been living together for 12 months in July and want to apply for the Partner Visa (de facto). I'm Spanish and he is Australian and we are living in the UK. We don't know whether to apply offshore or move to Australia and apply from there. We both have stable jobs but we both feel we are not progressing and want better opportunities in Australia. We are concerned about the difficulty for me to get a qualified job (graphic designer) while I'm on a Bridging Visa. We would like to move around January 2020 to Australia. His UK visa expires in November so he would have to renew it if we decide to apply offshore. Our options are: A) Apply in July for 309 visa and pay for his visa in the UK with the potential risk of having to stay in the UK for over another year. B) Move to Australia when his visa expires and I'll go there on a tourist visa – eVisitor subclass 651 which doesn't have the condition of no further stay – with the risk of not getting work rights on the bridging visa when I apply for the 802 partner visa on shore. I read it is possible to ask for the right to work but I don't think it is guaranteed. Most of the jobs offers that I'm seeing right now require Australian citizenship, permanent residency or rights to work on an ongoing basis. I'm not sure if the bridging visa or even the temporary partner visa would satisfy this requirements. Which route is best to take? Thanks!
  14. Hi there, I understand that, technically, it is possible to enter Australia as a UK citizen on a tourist visa and then apply for a Partner visa once in Australia. Since it takes a long time time for this type of visa to go through, can anyone confirm that we can be put onto a bridging visa with full working rights until this Partner visa comes through? My understanding is that UK tourist visas don't usually have the "no further stay" clause? I fully understand that you must not enter Australia under false pretenses or be deceitful to immigration. We're visiting Australia as tourists later this year and I have an Australian passport. Once in Australia, we may decide that we like it and may wish to stay. I'd like to know the options. Thanks in advance!
  15. Hi there, Further to a question many answered the other day. I am on a 457 visa, which runs out on the 19th September 2019. I am about to submit my partner visa and have questions about what bridging visa I would move on to. Had a look online and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about this scenario. Some say that I would be on the same conditions as my work visa, even though that would have expired and that I would therefore have to stay with the same employer. Is that the case? Does anyone else have any similar experience to my situation as I'm kinda feeling like a unicorn at the moment - surely others have come on a 457, fallen in love and then applied for the partner visa to stay? All input would be gratefully received! Cheers
  16. EllenaRoseBrownlow

    Waiver 8503 Approved - HELP

    Hey all, My husband is currently on a Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) in Australia. We had the 8503 Waiver approved today due to compelling and compassionate circumstances. This means he can now apply for a partner visa onshore, as far as I understand. However, what's bothering us is the 8531 condition (must leave before visa expires) that is also on his visa. We have read that even if we apply for a partner visa onshore, this condition means he HAS to leave Australia regardless. What is the process here? 1) He applies for the partner visa onshore 2) He must leave Australia before visa expires 3) He goes to Bali so as to fulfill the 8531 condition. As soon as his current visa is cancelled, the Bridging Visa A kicks in (i.e. in the airport as his passport is being scanned out of Australia) But then how does he re-enter Australia? Bridging Visa A does not allow travel. But it seems the only way to 'enact' the bridging visa while adhering to the 'must leave' condition is to leave the country. Any help in any form would be muchly appreciated! Ellie
  17. Hi all, I was hoping to be able to get some help with this. I lodged my application for PR visa 189 (general skilled migration, analyst programmer, 75 points), and submitted all required documents and the required health check on 27 Dec 2018. However, I've recently gotten a job offer in the UK for about 2 years (negotiable), which I'd really like to go for. My current visa 485 (post-graduate work) ends on 24 Apr 2019, but I've been granted a BVA in the interim. A few options that I've researched on: 1. Accept the job, leave for the UK, and simply let my BVA get cancelled. I'm aware that I won't be able to return to Australia, but that doesn't matter to me anyway, since I'll be working in the UK anyway. As and when I get awarded the PR, will I be able to come back into Australia as a permanent resident? Will letting my BVA get cancelled affect my PR application? I've read somewhere on the internet that if I'm awarded PR while overseas, it will only "activate" when I step into Australia again, probably within a certain time frame.  2. Apply for BVB - but this is somewhat undesirable because BVBs are generally only 3 months.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  18. Hi all, I'm brand new here - any advice would be really appreciated! My partner and I are on Bridging Visas, awaiting a decision on a 457 application (partner is main applicant, and I am de facto). We lodged the application back in January, and at the time were told to expect an answer in 6 months. Coming up to 10 months later, we still haven't heard any news.... I'm pregnant and due to give birth at the end of November, and can only travel up to 36 weeks (around the end of October). We know that if the visa is refused, we'll have 28 days to pack up and leave. We also spent a whole lotta $$$$ on the visa application, and don't want to throw that away because of being impatient. I guess my main questions are: Is it normal for 457 applications to take this long? Has anyone been in a similar situation? And, would you continue to wait for an answer re the approval, or would you head back to the UK before the baby is born?
  19. Hi all. I was granted PR May 2016. Application for citizenship sent in January 2018. Overseas travel to UK for 5 weeks coming up September 2018. Do i need a bridging visa it is my PR status enough? Thanks in advance. Having a small freak out as hadn't even thought about a bridging visa, i called the immi hotline to advise the dates i will be overseas.
  20. Hi all,I have received an invite for 189 and want to apply for visa asap.However, I just left Australia for a longer trip. My partner is still in Australia during this time, though she will visit me abroad during my trip.Question:If I apply for 189 while being outside of Australia, will my partner get a bridging visa if she is in Australia during my application? I do not really need a bridging visa, since I hold e-visitor visa and can stay in AU up to 3 months at a time. I do travel often anyway, so I can easily just use my current visa until I get 189.My partner, however, holds a visa that expires soon, so for her getting bridging visa is very important.Ideally I want to apply while offshore, then come to Australia on my e-visitor visa to stay with my partner. Will she get a bridging visa if she is in Australia during application, but I am not in the country?Thanks.
  21. Charlie m

    Visa 804

    Hi all has anyone applied for804 visa is it visitor visa first then apply for bridging visa then 804 visa I know you apply onshore and then wait 5/10 years bit confused thanks ?
  22. Apriljcarlisle

    Visa help!

    I'm not too sure which area to post this question in so hopefully it gets to the right people and its a bit long winded so bear with me! I moved to Western Australia in 2014 when i was eighteen as a dependent child. I moved with my mum, my sister, my brother and my step dad who is actually an Australian citizen. Currently I am 22 and on a bridging visa while I wait on a decision for my permanent residency. I have been in regular contact with migration officers, providing them with documents that they need etc. Recently they contacted us and told us that our medical assessments are out of date (we did them 3 years ago when we initially applied) but they only asked my Mum and my sister to re-do their medical assessments. Im not sure why they havent asked me and I'm wondering if that is a sign i may be rejected? There is a possibility i could be rejected and my family accepted. If anyone could share similar experience, insight, general information..just anything relevant i would appreciate it immensely
  23. Hi everyone. I am planning to cancel my Bridging visa A. and re-enter AUS with travel visa. I am waiting for the AAT appeal for my 457 nomination, and holding a Bridging visa A. However, I do not want to work for my employer anymore now, the result is nothing to me now. I am planning to lodge a partner Visa on-shore ASAP and would need a travel visa to do it. The tricky part is i don't want to waste time for canceling and waiting for IMMI to cancel my Bridging visa A. i am planning to leave AUS directly and apply and ETA travel visa oversea and re-enter AUS with this. Would it be possible to do this? any hidden issue i need to worry about ? Cheers
  24. Jade1991

    Question on Bridging Visa

    Hi All, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum but i have a quick question on the BVB. Can you apply for the BVB which allows travel before current visa expires? Hoping to fly back to the UK a few days after the bridging visa kicks in. Thanks
  25. Hi all, I have a rather urgent question about multi-entry ETA visas as I have a trip scheduled to Australia from the US on January 4. I am a US Citizen and my partner is an Australian citizen. I was planning to come to Australia and apply for a partner visa onshore in February. I am needing to make a quick trip to Australia beforehand in January for family issues related to my partner's family. My plans are to leave the U.S. January 4, return to the U.S. mid-January. Then leave the U.S. mid-February and apply for the onshore partner visa at during that 3 month period. I want the bridging visa to take effect at the end of the 3 months from the February entry date. My question is if I apply for a multi-entry ETA visa that allows for 3 months with each entry for a time period of 12 months, will the bridging visa take effect at the end of the 3 months from that February visit or will it take effect at the end of the 12 months and force me to leave every 3 months? I have found a lot of conflicting information on the internet plus I know immigration rules are constantly changing. One piece of information I found said at some stage prior to the completion of the second 3 month stay period, I would need to apply for a subclass 600 for a specified period to extend my stay past the 3 month allowable time frame on an ETA and apply for the partner visa during the time I am on that visa. I believe the intended effect is that the 600 visa would supersede the original ETA visa so that I don't have to wait for the 12 month time period to lapse before the bridging visa takes effect. But other information I have founds says that the bridging visa would simply take effect after the 3-month period ends. I'm not sure which is correct. Does anyone have personal experience with doing this and not only applying for the bridging visa but actually having it take effect after the 3-month on a multi-entry ETA ends? Again, my trip is scheduled for January 4 so any quick replies are greatly appreciated! Thank you!