All our dreams can come true.........

lauracoldwell

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them-Walt Disney

So in 23 days Mark and I will be boarding a plane to Adelaide. I never thought that this day would come but, after all our hard work, challenging times (with each other aswell) and also living in a caravan for 18 months (these were the challenging times ha) we are finally doing it.

It has taken years to get to this stage starting from when I decided to train to be a nurse BUT we have got here. At times we felt like giving up but right now, at this point I am so glad that we didnt.

I wanted to say that for all of you who are going through the awful process and for all those gone through it, bear with it. Things will work out in the end. And I 100% believe in what Walt Disney said.

Lots of love. xxx

Good Luck, and enjoy you deserve it.

We are flying out in 30 days to Perth, like you a long time coming, lots of sweat and tears, but we have got there. :jiggy:

Hang in there to all those going through the process!

This is very motivational, would be great if you could tell us a story of how you started, things and events along the way and what you are planning on doing when you arrive, as in jobs, days out, all the exciting new stuff!!!......things like this really get people excited for their new life ahead and can keep people going when they feel like 'it will never happen' :) Fantastic and extremely exciting, nervous and I bet a relief for you, all the very best in your new lives you will love Adelaide its beautiful !! :) x

Best of luck,and please keep us posted!I'm from SA so know that state and the city of Adelaide very very well.xx

Hi Melza,

Thank you, I will keep PIO posted. A special thank you to you also. You have always given me such useful and valued input, your so positive and that really comes through in your posts. Your comments and advise have been priceless so THANK YOU xxx

This is very motivational, would be great if you could tell us a story of how you started, things and events along the way and what you are planning on doing when you arrive, as in jobs, days out, all the exciting new stuff!!!......things like this really get people excited for their new life ahead and can keep people going when they feel like 'it will never happen' :) Fantastic and extremely exciting, nervous and I bet a relief for you, all the very best in your new lives you will love Adelaide its beautiful !! :) x

Hi Jodipodi,

I started by travelling alot when I was 18 and 21 and I just fell in love with Australia, the people and the way of life. My mum worked in Afghan quite a bit and I became very independent. They say you can feel "homesick" for a country and this is how I felt about Australia, as I am sure most people on here do.

I came home and decided it was time to make some decisions about my life and what I wanted to do so I applied to do a social work degree but didnt get in, however they were recruiting for nursing courses and asked me to do my RMN degree. I did my degree and met my husband Mark and we married a year later in 09.

Uni was tough but I qualified in 2011 and secured my first job where I worked for a year and started the visa process in Jan 2012.

We got our 189 visa in Jan 2013 and here we are.

We are so excited, scared, nervous, happy and everything else but we can not wait to start our new life. We have had a few things happen over the past few onths such as my grandad passing and it made us realise how lucky we are. It also made me think about leaving my family but they will be with me and I will be with them in mind and spirit.

I will keep PIO up to date on how it is when we arrive. I have a locum position in Adelaide and start the day after we land due to limited funds but also I feel getting into a routine ASAP will help us to settle quicker and be more effective. xxx

Bl**dy good for you hun, get stuck in there, it will make you feel all that more secure and you'll make some friends no doubt. Absolutely loved Adelaide when we visited, long walks down Christies Beach promenade with the sea sparkling in the sun, barbies in the park with the kids, felt totally contented.......stuff dreams are made of.....

Bl**dy good for you hun, get stuck in there, it will make you feel all that more secure and you'll make some friends no doubt. Absolutely loved Adelaide when we visited, long walks down Christies Beach promenade with the sea sparkling in the sun, barbies in the park with the kids, felt totally contented.......stuff dreams are made of.....

I hope so jodipodi,

Always a worry wondering how youll get on with new work collegues. Its always daunting starting a new job and you ALWAYS imagine it to be worse than it actually is. Its great to hear about Adelaide from other people, Christies is where we are looking at renting. xx

Don't be surprised if you feel a bit "down" for a few days, specially if you're starting work straight away, the jet lag can take a few days to wear off. Make the most of your time off and you will soon settle in. Don't spend your days off on skype and facebook, get out there and explore. I can recommend getting a couple of bikes, even if you've not been on one for years. You see so much more from a bike that you can easily miss in a car.

Does your hubby have a job yet? You sound like you have a great attitude and I think you will be a great addition to PIO. All the best.:cool:

Don't be surprised if you feel a bit "down" for a few days, specially if you're starting work straight away, the jet lag can take a few days to wear off. Make the most of your time off and you will soon settle in. Don't spend your days off on skype and facebook, get out there and explore. I can recommend getting a couple of bikes, even if you've not been on one for years. You see so much more from a bike that you can easily miss in a car.

Does your hubby have a job yet? You sound like you have a great attitude and I think you will be a great addition to PIO. All the best.:cool:

Hello Paul1Perth,

We have booked a short trip in Hong Kong to try and reduce the jet lag, because lack of sleep turns me into an actual witch :mad: ha. My first day at work will be an induction and then I will have to wait for the final part of my AHPRA registration so I should get a couple of weeks off before proper work if the waiting times stay the same.

We are so lucky to have some wonderful friends in Gawler who have said that we can stay with them for as long as we need them, but we dont want to take advantage of their kindness so we will probably stay for about 3 weeks (hopefully I will be able to bring in a weeks wage prior to us moving out). Thanks for the tip :) we are planning on buying some second hand bikes at first as we cant afford a car just yet but I am a keen cycler, however to get from gawler-city we will probably use public transport and have I read somewhere that you take your bike on buses?

Mark doesnt have a job yet, he hasnt had the best response from employers but he isnt in skilled employment and who are they going to interview? Someone applying from the UK or someone applying from Australia who is readily avaliable. xx

Hello Paul1Perth,

We have booked a short trip in Hong Kong to try and reduce the jet lag, because lack of sleep turns me into an actual witch :mad: ha. My first day at work will be an induction and then I will have to wait for the final part of my AHPRA registration so I should get a couple of weeks off before proper work if the waiting times stay the same.

We are so lucky to have some wonderful friends in Gawler who have said that we can stay with them for as long as we need them, but we dont want to take advantage of their kindness so we will probably stay for about 3 weeks (hopefully I will be able to bring in a weeks wage prior to us moving out). Thanks for the tip :) we are planning on buying some second hand bikes at first as we cant afford a car just yet but I am a keen cycler, however to get from gawler-city we will probably use public transport and have I read somewhere that you take your bike on buses?

Mark doesnt have a job yet, he hasnt had the best response from employers but he isnt in skilled employment and who are they going to interview? Someone applying from the UK or someone applying from Australia who is readily avaliable. xx

Sounds good. Makes it a lot easier having someone to stay with first up. Try looking for second hand bikes on bike exchange or second hand bike shops. There will be a few around. Even cash converters and sometimes places like good sammy's or Salvo's have decent bikes. Other place is garage sales.

Good luck.

Archived