It's Paradise here in the UK

Guest The Ropey HOFF

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ptp113
One hot summer and the UK is suddenly the best place in the world!!!!!

Anybody who thinks that hasn't been anywhere else...........

Why the hell would you want to fry and be bored lying on a beach for hours and permentally damaging your only skin?....I just find it so bloody boring......

Maybe thats where you have gone wrong in life as far as beaches are concerned,, you don't just 'lie there',, well i suppose you could but it would be a bit boring. In the UK we took the jet ski, sons quad, bat and ball and had lots of fun, here in Aus we take the boat, fishing rods,body boards etc ,very little sitting around happening.

If cancer is gonna get ya ,its gonna get ya, id ask my mum but unfortunately she died of the disease back in 1974 when i was just 12 weeks old and she was fit as fiddle, tea total and didn't smoke, spend your life worrying about what could happen as you seem to do, and you will become one grumpy, miserable old man.

Cal x

Why the hell would you want to fry and be bored lying on a beach for hours and permentally damaging your only skin?....I just find it so bloody boring......

Why you ask....Bikinis...thats why:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Its nice here in the UK when the weathers great, but alas ...... As you know, It's usually crappy in summer and there's little chance of sitting out much, to get it regular we either have to go abroad, or emigrate.

I don't! If I can get over the hassle of the journey/ parking I take my daughter to the beach nearby and we build sandcastles, look in rock pools, paddle in the sea etc There's no lying about when you have a toddler!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Ropey HOFF

Don't knock it mate, it's long overdue, it has transformed the country though, there's a real feel good factor about the UK at the moment, that's what good weather does to people.

Guest Guest26012
Don't knock it mate, it's long overdue, it has transformed the country though, there's a real feel good factor about the UK at the moment, that's what good weather does to people.

Good for the soul! Makes people smile!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Brill , stop there then and were ok here no arguments everybody's sorted

It's only Cos the weathers been great for several weeks matey, you won't have ever experienced this when you lived here, if your about 40 years old, so you can't imagine what it's like ............ So shut tha cake hole, lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20361[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20362[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20363[/ATTACH] we went to Leap Country park, on the coast of the New Forest

looks stunning. Is it cowels week this week? my mates a sailer and he says it is...

It's only Cos the weathers been great for several weeks matey, you won't have ever experienced this when you lived here, if your about 40 years old, so you can't imagine what it's like ............ So shut tha cake hole, lol

Hmm sunshine was workin in the 76 heAtwave loved summers in the uk you made do , as you do overhere in the winter and summer , I do what I do in the uk, I never went to posh restaurants , ballet and went to theatre once in a blue moon. I eat curries for pleasure mist food for fuel that's all . Did it in he uk same , went to the boozer most nites , don't so it hereobly drink at weekends good thing , difference in life ? I love it here side of the wAyter, you make life yours wherever you are , whatever floats your boat , my boat is floated didn't know I would ever say this

I'll never understand how some people can not see how important good weather is to people's lives. I love the UK but often knock it because of the awful weather we have had over the last few years. In fact it is one of the main reasons why I wanted to go to Oz. When the sun is out though, everything changes. It is not just a subtle change either. It's a massive change for the better. If we had summers like the one we are having now every year, I would seriously think about staying in UK. For me, sunshine is one of the most important things in my life! It sounds petty, but it's true!

I'll never understand how some people can not see how important good weather is to people's lives. I love the UK but often knock it because of the awful weather we have had over the last few years. In fact it is one of the main reasons why I wanted to go to Oz. When the sun is out though, everything changes. It is not just a subtle change either. It's a massive change for the better. If we had summers like the one we are having now every year, I would seriously think about staying in UK. For me, sunshine is one of the most important things in my life! It sounds petty, but it's true!

No,its not petty that the sun is important to you at all,but we're all different arent we,i like it seasonal,which is why South Aus was my choice if i was to move to Aus,i dont want to be working outside in heat most of the year

The same way some prefer Aus and some prefer UK,we're all different,theres no right or wrong,which to me is a pretty simple thing,each to their own

Its not that petty, everybodys different. I dont bother about heat as much, prefer it to be a little cooler and i dont like humidity but i completely love a blue sky. It just changes my mood

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Its not that petty, everybodys different. I dont bother about heat as much, prefer it to be a little cooler and i dont like humidity but i completely love a blue sky. It just changes my mood

Most people like great weather, about 25 and sunny, not too humid, just warm enough to doff hoff and go for a dip in a warm ocean, it's just heaven to me.

A bit late to be jumping in on this forum but I just had to say that I agree with the Hoff, the weather currently is amazing and the UK is truly a beautiful place at times like this. Even the snow has a certain beauty about it which was lovely this year. It does at times make me doubt how much money we will spend emigrating to Australia as I know, if the UK was more like this permanently then we would be tempted to stay. Unfortunately for us, its other factors that are pushing us away, stresses of family, price of property/salary and work opportunities. I still don't know where I will end up but for the time being the adventurer in my husband and I knows that we at least need to try living elsewhere, if it works then great and if it doesn't then we just come home.

The UK and Europe are truly amazing but we are lucky in that there are a lot of beautiful places to see in the world.

Apart from last year I have loved the 4 seasons in the UK.......the winters have been like they should white and cold but with blue winter skies and frosty mornings.....we have had a decade of well below average rainfall with hose pipe bans and rivers in danger of drying up but last year filled them up again.....I much prefer the seasons here than the 2 seasons in Perth ...hot and then cold and wet.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Apart from last year I have loved the 4 seasons in the UK.......the winters have been like they should white and cold but with blue winter skies and frosty mornings.....we have had a decade of well below average rainfall with hose pipe bans and rivers in danger of drying up but last year filled them up again.....I much prefer the seasons here than the 2 seasons in Perth ...hot and then cold and wet.

When you say UK, do you mean ..... Uzbekistan ? Lol

My family and I have all been swimming in the sea 10 times this year and it has been glorious. Sometimes at 6 or 7pm and it is still warm.

Most people like great weather, about 25 and sunny, not too humid, just warm enough to doff hoff and go for a dip in a warm ocean, it's just heaven to me.

Archived