1978 was the year and must say I agree

Petals

Researchers have said we have found that 1978 was the year

[h=1]Why 1978 was the year the world never had it so good: We had the perfect balance of wealth, work and happiness[/h]

Well l was 16 and indestructible! We had a 50th reunion with 10 of my mates last year. What can I say a long weekend of drinking nothing but fizz and sitting up till the early hours in a giant sleepover brought back some great memories. The mix tapes of music were ....... Well eeclectic from rock, punk, new age , and disco.

Dancing round the handbags was never so good.

Just been watching John bishop do a fantasy replay of Saturday night fever on the sunshine tour. Brilliant. Come on you can't all be so young !

All the geriatrics are either still in bed or have forgotten what they were going to reply with. :SLEEP:

Yeah well gone the witching hour here in the uk and this menopausal babe is going to bed. Not necessarily to sleep though :wink:

Ok so when I said mix tapes I did mean digitally downloaded stuff onto I tunes!

Just use the old terminology ..... Anyone taped a good programme lately?

So you've gone to bed to continue posting on here?

And here was me hoping that in 20 years I would still have the opportunity to get a bit.

Thats the most depressing thing I have read in a long time...

Researchers have said we have found that 1978 was the year

Why 1978 was the year the world never had it so good: We had the perfect balance of wealth, work and happiness

One of the few times I've found agreement with something the Daily Mail had to say about something.

Well, I can't speak for the wealth/work thing but the fact that I didn't have to think about it is probably a good sign. However, from a private life point of view it was a darn good one--I'd been in London for going on 2 years so knew my way around. I had a nice circle of friends and a good local pub.

So life was good.

I had 3 babies and next one due soon. Busy days but very happy. We were struggling a bit financially because I was home with the kids but we had a house and lovely big garden in Melbourne. Holidays were in a small tent but the kids loved it and it was dirt cheap. We would pack the kids and dog into the little car ( no aircon then) and head off to the beach , rough camping and fires on the beach at night - probably illegal now.

I got delayed. I never take my phone or computer to bed. I leave them plugged in downstairs. The last post was only 10 mins later after I had tidied up.

My wife is just as bad.

She says she is off to bed and twenty minutes later she is still piss farting around.

Or, I'm ready to leave now. I go and put the kids into the car and then we wait, and wait, and wait. She obviously wasn't bloody ready to go!

I was 8. Remember it well.

Flares were on the way out, skin tight jeans and safety pins holding clothes together, on the way in. As was increased sales in hairspray for teenagers of both sexes :cute:

Archived