Jobless mother of 11 gets luxury home

knsc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just clicked on the link. Half a million pounds for that s***hole?

It's not in an expensive area, and it's a small house.

1850 sq ft = 172 sq m. Geez, the 2 bed apartment I rented was almost that size, and it was all one one floor.

It's not in an expensive area, and it's a small house.

1850 sq ft = 172 sq m. Geez, the 2 bed apartment I rented was almost that size, and it was all one one floor.

Looks big for the UK. Bet the neighbours are happy, just reduced the value of their houses by a few thou.

Nothing like a mum with multiple kids on benefits story to inflame the middleclass bitterness. Sure, it doesn't seem very fair, but cases like this are in a minority and the UK government wastes far more money elsewhere. Like on the HS2 and a phantom aircraft carrier. Nothing to see here...move along.

I don't think it would stop or even influence people like this lady having lots of kids. Does the financial cost come into her consideration? I very much doubt it, she knows the government will pick up the slack.

Doesn't seem to stop certain types of people from having kids just because they might not be able to afford it. Look at the kids that are starving to death on a daily basis in Africa and the number of kids that the average pakistani or Indian family have. I don't think cutting benefits is going to change this ladies mind.

There are always going to be this type of person around and due to the social support in the UK. stories like this in the papers to stir people up.

But, that is just it. people know the state will pay. Once it is made very clear the state is not going to pay, then yes, i suspect people will change their habbits.

As for Africa - i am in Africa as i write and the biggest issue Africa has is the church. There are catholic missions everywhere - you cant go out without trupping over a bloody nun. They teach all the locals that they must not use birth control. Result is then predictable. As is the AIDS issue. Of course, the said nuns dont then offer to feed the family once they have a zillion kids. Hence, mass child deprivation and starvation

But, that is just it. people know the state will pay. Once it is made very clear the state is not going to pay, then yes, i suspect people will change their habbits.

As for Africa - i am in Africa as i write and the biggest issue Africa has is the church. There are catholic missions everywhere - you cant go out without trupping over a bloody nun. They teach all the locals that they must not use birth control. Result is then predictable. As is the AIDS issue. Of course, the said nuns dont then offer to feed the family once they have a zillion kids. Hence, mass child deprivation and starvation

I hardly think you can blame the Catholic Church for over population in Africa VS. I think you will find they were kicking out kids by the truckload before the Catholic Church was there.

Guest scrumpy

YAAY middle class,

The boy done good!

Nothing like a mum with multiple kids on benefits story to inflame the middleclass bitterness. Sure, it doesn't seem very fair, but cases like this are in a minority and the UK government wastes far more money elsewhere. Like on the HS2 and a phantom aircraft carrier. Nothing to see here...move along.

Guest scrumpy

My daughter worked in Uganda for a short time, the aids victims broke her heart ;(

She thinks the biggest problem is that it quite a deep rooted "rumour" that sleeping with many virgins is a "cure" The poor young girls have such a horrific time

I am afraid you are misinformed. AIDS is a problem in Africa because of culture, a lack of education and socio-economic factors, not because the church said 'don't have sex, and if you do, don't use protection'. On the contrary, this is one area in which catholic missionaries have actively been attempting to assist with providing birth control, with limited success.

The general consensus in African culture is that condoms were introduced by western societies to curb their population growth and procreation. For them, a large amount of children produced is seen as a sign of virility and masculinity. They believe that mass procreation is the only means of ensuring some longevity for a family group. Because of the lack of jobs for women in Africa, prostitution is the only means of survival for many. Coupled with corrupt governments and a lack of infrastructure there is not much that can be done to slow the spread.

In any case, there are majority of the Christians in Africa are evangelists, not Catholic.

As for the issue, the lady with the big house.

Yes I can definitely say that as a mother who has always worked full time, and wished I could have had the time to spend at home, instead of rushing from here to there all the time. I feel there is so much I have missed. It irks me that there are people who don't try to take the responsibility to pay some of their way. Would I want to be her? no. I don't say that out of pride or self esteem. I say it because this is the life I made for myself, and I am okay with that.

My daughter worked in Uganda for a short time, the aids victims broke her heart ;(

She thinks the biggest problem is that it quite a deep rooted "rumour" that sleeping with many virgins is a "cure" The poor young girls have such a horrific time

So do the babies.

I will disagree with the replies regarding the catholic church. I work in Africa - currently in Tanzania and previously Uganada and DRC.

In the later, i was in a town called Mongbwalu. One of the most wretched places on the planet. The entire town was devot catholic and it has a cathedral, where the population attend every week. We introduced a AIDS health program and prevention as a huge proportion of the population had AIDS and currently the life expectancy in the region in about 42. Part of the program, was unsurprisingly to distribute condoms free of charge. It is still running. Manned by a nurse but it is very rare it gets anyone through the doors after the catholic priest told the people they must not and railed against it. I have seen the same thing time and again.

Nice sensationalist article - but seriously - how many families on benefits have more than 7 children. Can't be that many. Can we concentrate on the real problems?

and how many families on benefits have a horse and microlight flying lessons?

and how many families on benefits have a horse and microlight flying lessons?

My next door neighbour receives benefits and they have a horse. They share it with three other families. Her child is disabled and gets great please from it.

Was it lessons - or was it a lesson? Do you actually believe the stuff you read in the express? Is this woman even real?

Perhaps it is the case that there are influencial priests in particular townships who are not promoting protection as they should and who have a major following in that area; however, if they were as fully influencial as you say on the entire African sub continent, they would have been able to promote their church laws such as abstinence, no polygamy and no sex outside of marriage as well as no condoms and the spread would not occur in the first place. Cultural and socio-economic factors are the major players in the AIDS epidemic.

Does abstinance work in the UK or in Oz? Of course not. And to be honest, i see no reason why it should. There are many towns which are very transient in nature, such as the mining towns. So, you get a guy goes to one, gets a girlfriend. Gives her HIV. He moves on, to the next place, gives another HIV and she gets a new boyfriend and now he has HIV. And on we go.

Most Africans, particularly christian Africans are not polygamus. I am the only non African in my team. None have more than one wife.

Personally, the priest (and the gaggle of nuns), i wish has met the wrong end of a AK47 when the militia were there. Would have saved a heck of a lot of lives and misery.

And, as i said. It is not just the HIV. I dont see the nuns in the fields trying to help the people grow crops that the families need with ever expanding families because they have been told not to use birth control. Dont, see the big man in Rome sending plane loads of food for them families.

Dont see the church in Mnero which is next to the only hospital in the area forking out for a new generator because its current one is stuffed. No, they ask if i can help. Even though the damned church is next door and has over capacity for power. But, dont see any of it going to the hospital so they can switch on the operating theatre.

Dont see the church providing antivenom for snakes in the area or training the doctors in treating snake bite, which a lot of kids suffer from and lose limbs from. No. I will be sending a doc next week for that at my cost.

Yes that there are cultural issues. That makes what the god squad have done even worse. They have ignored the culture and blundered in with its european values with no though of how they will play out.

My next door neighbour receives benefits and they have a horse. They share it with three other families. Her child is disabled and gets great please from it.

Was it lessons - or was it a lesson? Do you actually believe the stuff you read in the express? Is this woman even real?

It's wrong to being your neighbour into it - there are many types of benefits, maybe your neighhbour works hard and gets additional support for having a child with a disability - which is right and proper and no business of yours or mine.

The 'lady' under discussion has chosen not to work for a living, but to derive a pretty good lifestyle for herself by being a breeding machine, at my expense (and yours)...that is just 'taking the p*ss'.

It's not the fault of the kids, but the system for allowing her to take advantage.

I'm all for looking after and taking care people who can't look after themselves long term and providing assistance and support to those who are temporarily unable to do so, but I'm not a great fan of those who choose to let the state fund their lifestyle.

In this case, I'd be happy as long as the kids had a roof over their heads, were clothed had enough to eat and a couple of treats. A horse and microlight lessons....maybe she is getting too much....

I don't know why you're bothering to even try and defend her.

So why should the tax pay have to pay for this ,it must so anger those who work full time and cannot afford a house like this.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/412088/EXCLUSIVE-Jobless-mother-of-eleven-Heather-Frost-to-get-500-000-luxury-home-we-pay-for

Do you feel your missing out on something? Another tabloid sensationalist story on benefit scroungers. How much again of the British tax payers money has gone to bail out the banksters?

It's not about defending her just pointing out the story may be sensationalised I think...also I don't consider her jobless looking after all them kids, yes irresponsible to have them but not jobless..I think it was just one flying lesson, i don't see that as such a big deal and I never seen anything about a horse, but again it's probably been over emphasised..

For me it's an issue with the benefit system not with her really. Ye she's abused the system but it is so easy for it to be abused. If the system was different maybe she would have thought a bit more after she had 2 or 3 kids.

Maybe or maybe not. If the latter sans benefits the state would still be required to pick up the price tag. Better in my view to say thank goodness for those of you living in UK,a country with human decency and the will to do the right thing.

I'm not - I'm having a go at the express. What is their solution? Shoot every third child? What is the point of printing articles like this unless they can suggest a way forwards?

It's wrong to being your neighbour into it - there are many types of benefits, maybe your neighhbour works hard and gets additional support for having a child with a disability - which is right and proper and no business of yours or mine.

The 'lady' under discussion has chosen not to work for a living, but to derive a pretty good lifestyle for herself by being a breeding machine, at my expense (and yours)...that is just 'taking the p*ss'.

It's not the fault of the kids, but the system for allowing her to take advantage.

I'm all for looking after and taking care people who can't look after themselves long term and providing assistance and support to those who are temporarily unable to do so, but I'm not a great fan of those who choose to let the state fund their lifestyle.

In this case, I'd be happy as long as the kids had a roof over their heads, were clothed had enough to eat and a couple of treats. A horse and microlight lessons....maybe she is getting too much....

I don't know why you're bothering to even try and defend her.

...also I don't consider her jobless looking after all them kids, yes irresponsible to have them but not jobless..

But she doesn't have a job...

I'm not saying she doesn't work hard to look after her kids, but she doesn't actually go out to work for an employer and being home a wage, unless you want to go into semantics and argue that the State is somehow 'employing her'...

As for the other stuff....did you even bother to read the article....?

If she didn't exist, then I'm sure one of the rival 'red tops' would be gleefully pointing out the errors of the Daily Express and if it was sensationalised, then I'm absolutely certain that by now a shyster lawyer or PR outfit would have been only to represent her (again at our expense) and present the correct 'facts'.

Edited by TerryDXB

Yeah I read it, must have missed the horse bit..the kids all living in an overcrowded house stuck out to me more tbh...

I'm not saying she doesn't work hard to look after her kids, but she doesn't actually go out to work for an employer and being home a wage, unless you want to go into semantics and argue that the State is somehow 'employing her'...

If she didn't exist, then I'm sure one of the rival 'red tops' would be gleefully pointing out the errors of the Daily Express and if it was sensationalised, then I'm absolutely certain that by now a shyster lawyer or PR outfit would have been only to represent her (again at our expense) and present the correct 'facts'.

It's how it is and I don't see anything to get hot and bothered about. Sadly all too many folk get upset by the extremes living off the social system to such a degree that they get lulled into supporting right wing cutbacks and denigrating welfare dependents.

Other excesses which the tabloids don't dwell on, bailouts for banks and tax cuts for the rich, not forgetting tax avoidance, things that really cost the nation money, don't seem to register