Things you would take back with you! Cheaper in Oz..

jen85

How about canvas bags (for supermarkets)? Can you get them in as many places as you can here in Aus? Last time I was there you could only get those plastic "bags for life" and the ones they do here are much nicer. Coles are now doing some really quite pretty ones too.

I still use my Sainsbury's hessian bags for life here! I've had them 4 or 5 years and still look like new.

I still use my Sainsbury's hessian bags for life here! I've had them 4 or 5 years and still look like new.

Tescos have the big hessian bags aswell I have one I got years ago, really well made too for a shopping bag..those plasticy type ones always seem to split apart.

Odd you say that as I say that Aussie beds are not the same as the UK -BUT we have a friend who works for Sheridan (sheets etc ) and he swears down that they are the same

Australian beds are longer. I had to get my (Habitat) metal framed bed extended when I moved here to accommodate an Australian mattress. Needless to say, the fitted sheets all needed replacing too.

How about canvas bags (for supermarkets)? Can you get them in as many places as you can here in Aus? Last time I was there you could only get those plastic "bags for life" and the ones they do here are much nicer. Coles are now doing some really quite pretty ones too.

Everywhere in the UK, has the nice reuseable bags

Ive just got My Son to get me some lovely ones from Tesco, hessian material, with cute little ladybirds all over them :)

I'd take back some sun. Other than that, if UK doesn't have it, you adapt. I thot I'd never survive without my Bisto, my caramel log biscuits and my Irn Bru, when I came to Oz 25 yrs ago, but I did, and now they have them all here now anyway, but I don't buy them, cos I've gotten used to gravox, Tim tams and lost my craving for Irn Bru.

Odd you say that as I say that Aussie beds are not the same as the UK -BUT we have a friend who works for Sheridan (sheets etc ) and he swears down that they are the same

Yeah my Aus queen sheets fitted fine on a UK queen bed. :huh:

How much is a Ford Falcon XR6 or Holden Commodore in the UK ?

Holdens are sold as vauxhalls in the UK not sure about Ford Falcons can't say I ever saw one. If you are reallyyyyyy attached to it maybe take it but that is very expensive to do.

• 4 weeks later...

In the UK they call what we call a Queen bed a King size and what we call In Australia a King bed is called a Super King. Perhaps that is where people are getting mixed up with. So if you had a king in the Uk , its really a queen over in Oz...make sense?

I wouldn't take anything back to the Uk. You can buy pretty much everything there and generally we found it all cheaper there when we went for a holiday. Only take special things momentos etc. Not 'stuff' everything can be replaced.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I can't believe there's much that isn't cheaper here in the UK because of the interest rate, which makes it look like wages in Oz are paid at 40% plus more than the UK. Personally I would save on the expense of transporting stuff back and save the money and buy everything I needed back in the UK.

Guest Guest26110
Probably not too much but I have been out of the loop for a few years now. Maybe a decent Hills hoist as the ones you get here are pretty crap. Years ago I would have said a big fridge freezer but they are common and cheap here now.

You can get the Hills hoist here in uk on ebay now

Do they have a pound sign? Actually, my nexus doesn't have one.how do you do a pound sign?

What about cashews?

Hold down the Alt and enter 156

£

[h=1]Extended ASCII Codes[/h][h=1]extend.gif

[/h]

Cheers, Bobj.

Australis and napoleon makeup; tim tams, Violet crumble and darrell lea (orange balls and rock lea road!); alannah hill, hussy, seduce, Zimmerman; red rock deli chips & salt and vinegar in a biskit; hurricanes at bondi and hong ha sandwich shop in mascot; no gas and water bill!; palm beach and whale beach; sun sun and more sun!; swimming before and after work; tooheys extra dry; Asian food and smoothies; roxy and billabong - yeah I really miss you Australia!! :-)

Australis and napoleon makeup; tim tams, Violet crumble and darrell lea (orange balls and rock lea road!); alannah hill, hussy, seduce, Zimmerman; red rock deli chips & salt and vinegar in a biskit; hurricanes at bondi and hong ha sandwich shop in mascot; no gas and water bill!; palm beach and whale beach; sun sun and more sun!; swimming before and after work; tooheys extra dry; Asian food and smoothies; roxy and billabong - yeah I really miss you Australia!! :-)

no gas and water bill? where did/do you live in Oz that you don't get those bills?

Archived